Is it just me or do others feel like conservatism has taken a gut punch recently?

Andrew_Jackson_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
This is related to, but also in addition to my thread about Trump being less popular or Harris being more popular. Now I could be wrong about that and also wrong about my idea that conservatism has taken a gut punch recently in the USA.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the way I see it is modern day conservatism actually reminds us a lot of the traditional Democrats of the 20th century and before that. Men and women who stood up for patriotism and honoring those who gave us America and not only this, but those who expanded this country that we live in today. And that’s why for example I honor Andrew Jackson with my screen name. Because he was a great man who was misunderstood or vilified wrongly today by the left . He was no better or worse than the Indian, African, Asian or Jew of his time.

But do others feel this? And maybe it’s because of the mass media or Hollywood. People might be asking themselves how they feel about Christianity in the USA in light of the fact that we have LGBT marriage or even this radical idea of kids getting sex change operations, which is on a whole different level compared to gay marriage. There will be those who will say “well in previous Christian societies They were even more liberal than we are today”. Others will say such things have nothing to do with Christianity, but perhaps they could be found in previous societies. Although I don’t think we can ever find a kid getting a sex operation in any society.

I feel like the Democratic Party needs to bring back traditional values or else the countries in for even more radical change. Because I feel like Republicans have failed us big time. I don’t see Republicans putting forth a Bill to build a gigantic statue of George Washington, for example. Or simply do something to rebuild the statues of great Christian European men of history that have been destroyed or vandalized by the radical criminal left. It’s Almost as if a lot of Republicans are trying to placate to the left in this country. At least that’s how I feel about the issues.

This is related to, but also in addition to my thread about Trump being less popular or Harris being more popular. Now I could be wrong about that and also wrong about my idea that conservatism has taken a gut punch recently in the USA.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the way I see it is modern day conservatism actually reminds us a lot of the traditional Democrats of the 20th century and before that. Men and women who stood up for patriotism and honoring those who gave us America and not only this, but those who expanded this country that we live in today. And that’s why for example I honor Andrew Jackson with my screen name. Because he was a great man who was misunderstood or vilified wrongly today by the left . He was no better or worse than the Indian, African, Asian or Jew of his time.

But do others feel this? And maybe it’s because of the mass media or Hollywood. People might be asking themselves how they feel about Christianity in the USA in light of the fact that we have LGBT marriage or even this radical idea of kids getting sex change operations, which is on a whole different level compared to gay marriage. There will be those who will say “well in previous Christian societies They were even more liberal than we are today”. Others will say such things have nothing to do with Christianity, but perhaps they could be found in previous societies. Although I don’t think we can ever find a kid getting a sex operation in any society.

I feel like the Democratic Party needs to bring back traditional values or else the countries in for even more radical change. Because I feel like Republicans have failed us big time. I don’t see Republicans putting forth a Bill to build a gigantic statue of George Washington, for example. Or simply do something to rebuild the statues of great Christian European men of history that have been destroyed or vandalized by the radical criminal left. It’s Almost as if a lot of Republicans are trying to placate to the left in this country. At least that’s how I feel about the issues.
Gut punch?

Conservatism in the US Federal government does not even have a pulse.

Federal political power is all about centralized control and raw power, which is antithetical to conservatism.

The term conservatism is only thrown around when the tyrants in power wish to beat down an opponent as they label them conservative or shoot dead unarmed women, and the media joins in for the kill.

Conservatism took a serious gut punch back when people who should know better allowed Trump to pose as one.​

Gut punch?

Federal political power is all about centralized control and raw power, which is antithetical to conservatism.

The term conservatism is only thrown around when the tyrants in power wish to beat down an opponent as they label them conservative or shoot dead unarmed women, and the media joins in for the kill.
The way I was defining the word was of standing up for the American men and women who built our country. Standing up for traditional values that kind of thing.

This thread would include many different things. I’m just talking about an idea. There will be nothing wrong with somebody creating government funding for a new statue of George Washington right ?

And I guarantee you it would be opposed by the radical left. That’s my point.

Also the reason why I brought up the failure apparently to rebuild any of the destroyed statues of men like Christopher Columbus, St. Louis or even Abraham Lincoln…. it’s because I believe that will be a prime Example of government officials standing up for our traditions in this country. I have not heard of one single case of one of those statues destroyed during the BLM riots being rebuilt. Maybe one of Abraham Lincoln was. But not somebody like Christopher Columbus, who means a lot to Italian Americans like me. Or St. Louis a very well-known figure of Christian history. And there’s plenty more.

The one thing that does stand out would be conservatives, and I believe the proper term would be conservatives and other words people who have stood out against abortion and who have actually been able to affect change in this country when it comes to the abortion policy. Because in the recent year or two, we have had a significant change in support of people who are against abortion.

If the word is not conservatism, it is something else and you probably know what I’m talking about. Because there’s a lot of things happening in America today that would’ve been unheard of even 10 years ago.

Last edited:

Men and women who stood up for patriotism would never think of saying "I only like people who weren't captured" let alone campaign for and apologize for a draft dodger who did say such a thing.

POW/MIA
"I only like people who weren't captured"

Nobody to blame but yourselves.

Men and women who stood up for patriotism would never think of saying "I only like people who weren't captured" let alone campaign for and apologize for a draft dodger who did say such a thing.

POW/MIA
"I only like people who weren't captured"
Patriots would not stand for sex change operations for kids. Patriots will not stand for destruction of statues of men like Andrew Jackson who expanded the very country we live in.

I would criticize some of the things Trump has said. I don’t know if you can criticize some of the radical changes that Democrats have brought us, including outright racism against white people like the idea that homeless whites are privileged.

Conservatism is not in vogue these days. Unless you are in a deep red district or state, you pretty much have to compromise with the Left to get anything done in Washington and that is just the way it is. When Trump was president he had to agree to more spending than he wanted and some things that the democrats demanded to be included in any legislation or it wouldn't get done. That is the nature of politics in a constitutional republic when you don't have 60 votes in the Senate and a firm control of the House. Guess what happens when you refuse to compromise and you end up doing nothing? In too any cases you end up getting voted out of office and the other party takes your seat in Congress.

Elitist Suicide-Bombers

The Weird-Word Warriors are full-blast blowing their wad in a desperate attempt to destroy Populism, which is replacing the weak, hypocritical, appeasing and self-serving Conservatism you think they are targeting.

Gut punch?

that is because you people will not vote for an actual conservative

Conservatism is not in vogue these days. Unless you are in a deep red district or state, you pretty much have to compromise with the Left to get anything done in Washington and that is just the way it is. When Trump was president he had to agree to more spending than he wanted and some things that the democrats demanded to be included in any legislation or it wouldn't get done. That is the nature of politics in a constitutional republic when you don't have 60 votes in the Senate and a firm control of the House. Guess what happens when you refuse to compromise and you end up doing nothing? In too any cases you end up getting voted out of office and the other party takes your seat in Congress.
All Republics Go Bananas. This Is a Caesar Moment.

Republicans (the alleged Conservative party) have won one popular vote since 1988.

The times they had an electoral victory, they have exploded the deficit by giving tax cuts while not cutting spending.

When it is suggested that the price of items purchased by the government may have gone up over the last 80 years and taxes should be raised to buy them...none of them will vote for a tax increase.

Its like a dysfunctional family.

Forum List

Back