Is it OK for Trump to use his office to influence companies publicly?

Is it OK for Trump to use his office to bully companies publicly?

• I don't know, I'm one of his poorly educated voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
So step up and defend Trump's attempt at publicly intimidating retailers and companies into doing business with his kids.
Or if you think it's good that consumers take exception to the Trumps using their public office to influence business for themselves.

• Banned
What is that emoluments clause again? Would breaking it constitute a high crime or a misdemeanor?

It's a high crime according to the Constitution, but Trump is flapping his yapper about his kid openly because she's not a foreign entity or leader.

• Banned
I just want the Trumpers to step up and defend Trump's open attempt to intimidate Nordstrom's and use his office as POTUS to prop up his daughter's foreign-made crap in U.S. retail stores.

Sure it just LOOKS like an innocent, whining Tweet, but there's a line that Trump just blatantly crosses. He's not public service material, he's too used to bullying from the executive office of his privately held companies. Period, the fucking end.

I just want the Trumpers to step up and defend Trump's open attempt to intimidate Nordstrom's and use his office as POTUS to prop up his daughter's foreign-made crap in U.S. retail stores.

Sure it just LOOKS like an innocent, whining Tweet, but there's a line that Trump just blatantly crosses. He's not public service material, he's too used to bullying from the executive office of his privately held companies. Period, the fucking end.
The guy is a complete fuck up.

• Banned
Trump is trolling the media so easily haha......

I thought his job was to lead the country. Silly me.

But he's losing the social media war, obviously:

"""Shannon Coulter, the founder of Grab Your Wallet, told FORBES that Grab Your Wallet participants have sent more than 230,000 tweets about the movement, generating a reach of 626 million impressions. She is taking Nordstrom's decision as a win for her cause.

Yes! The people who voted against Donald generate two thirds of this nation's economic activity. When we vote w/ our dollars, it's powerful. Martin Hoffmann on Twitter

— Shannon Coulter (@shannoncoulter) February 3, 2017

"We may have lost at the ballot box but we can vote at the cash register every day," she said in a phone interview Friday evening.
One day after the Uber and Nordstrom moves, Neiman Marcus appears to have followed suit.
""""

A #GrabYourWallet Effect? Following Nordstrom Drop, Ivanka Trump Line Disappears From Neiman Marcus Website

I don't know, I'm one of his poorly educated voters

I take it you that voted for the loser... genius.
I take it that you would have voted for the third choice, "I don't know, I'm one of his poorly educated voters.", if you could've (or "could of" in nutter speak) just figured out how to do it.

Chalk up one vote for choice three, WaitingFor2020.

He is and as a bonus we get to see the media meltdown everyday! They just don't get it

You're the one who doesn't get it. It's against the 1st Amendment for the POTUS to try to interfere with a free press, you stupid idiot.

Oh hell let the man have some fun will you?

Bottom Line : Anyone not staying at Trump properties is making a direct attack on the Fucking President .........

Spicer: Nordstrom Dropping Ivanka Trump's Line Is 'Direct Attack' On Prez

OMG. Can you imagine Bush or Obama trying to push their kids' jewelry lines from the OO? And Ari Fleischer defending them in a daily press brief? You just can't make this shit up.

Bottom Line : Anyone not staying at Trump properties is making a direct attack on the Fucking President .........

OMG. Can you imagine Bush or Obama trying to push their kids' jewelry lines from the OO? And Ari Fleischer defending them in a daily press brief? You just can't make this shit up.

America loves reality shows....this is great!

what was he saying? I would think that would be important, OP.

He is and as a bonus we get to see the media meltdown everyday! They just don't get it

You're the one who doesn't get it. It's against the 1st Amendment for the POTUS to try to interfere with a free press, you stupid idiot.

What free press? The MSM? Pligger nease?

You sound very butt hurt - Ivanka has some lotion you can buy cupcake

Eh Tu TJ ?
T.J. Maxx Backs Away From Ivanka Trump as President Assails Nordstrom

Source: NYT

Last week, employees at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls got very clear instructions about where to put signs for Ivanka Trump products: in the garbage.

The TJX Companies, the retailers’ parent company, told employees not to display Ivanka Trump merchandise separately and to throw away Ivanka Trump signs, according to a note to employees on Wednesday, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.

“Effective immediately, please remove all Ivanka Trump merchandise from features and mix into the runs,” the note read. “Runs” refers to the normal clothing racks where the majority of products hang. “All Ivanka Trump signs should be discarded.”

A spokeswoman for the TJX Companies, Doreen Thompson, confirmed that the message had been sent to stores.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/business/ivanka-trump-nordstrom-tj-maxx.html

Forum List

Back