Is it OK for Trump to use his office to influence companies publicly?

Is it OK for Trump to use his office to bully companies publicly?

• I don't know, I'm one of his poorly educated voters.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Will Trump have the Supreme Court look into this case of a company dropping his daughter's clothing line?

So step up and defend Trump's attempt at publicly intimidating retailers and companies into doing business with his kids.
Or if you think it's good that consumers take exception to the Trumps using their public office to influence business for themselves.

Sooo...Step up and defend the Democrat Party attempts at attacking Trumps children in order to get to him.

We know...you can't.

What is that emoluments clause again? Would breaking it constitute a high crime or a misdemeanor?

I suppose taking the oath of office, after placing his hand on the bible, and promising to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, qualifies as a high crime, given his current state of affairs. if Clinton's "I did not have sex with that women" was sufficient for him to be impeached, then Trump's intentional action in violation of the two emolument clauses,
  • Art. I, sec. 9, clause 8
  • Art. II, sec 1, clause 7
Are sufficient and necessary for the H. of Rep to pass an article of impeachment based on the income generated from his properties around the world.

So step up and defend Trump's attempt at publicly intimidating retailers and companies into doing business with his kids.
Or if you think it's good that consumers take exception to the Trumps using their public office to influence business for themselves.

Sooo...Step up and defend the Democrat Party attempts at attacking Trumps children in order to get to him.

We know...you can't.

No one is attacking his kids! Those questioning Trump's dishonest attempt to violate the two emolument provisions of the Constitution, by some members of the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, are more than fair; those Democrats and other US Citizens are acting in support and defense of the Constitution of the United States of America.

Trump is trolling the media so easily haha......

I thought his job was to lead the country. Silly me.

But he's losing the social media war, obviously:

"""Shannon Coulter, the founder of Grab Your Wallet, told FORBES that Grab Your Wallet participants have sent more than 230,000 tweets about the movement, generating a reach of 626 million impressions. She is taking Nordstrom's decision as a win for her cause.

Yes! The people who voted against Donald generate two thirds of this nation's economic activity. When we vote w/ our dollars, it's powerful. Martin Hoffmann on Twitter

— Shannon Coulter (@shannoncoulter) February 3, 2017

"We may have lost at the ballot box but we can vote at the cash register every day," she said in a phone interview Friday evening.
One day after the Uber and Nordstrom moves, Neiman Marcus appears to have followed suit.
""""

A #GrabYourWallet Effect? Following Nordstrom Drop, Ivanka Trump Line Disappears From Neiman Marcus Website
Its one thing for people to boycott a product or merchandise
but, a company who is removing merchandise for reasons
other then poor performance and would have remained
had Trump not won, or even ran for that matter, is wrong

Just another do not buy from on my list

We know...you can't.

No one is attacking his kids! Those questioning Trump's dishonest attempt to violate the two emolument provisions of the Constitution, by some members of the DEMOCRATIC PARTY, are more than fair; those Democrats and other US Citizens are acting in support and defense of the Constitution of the United States of America.

By attacking Trumps children.

he's just using his bully pulpit to intimidate an evil company. keep it up, Mr President, we support you!

This is what tyranny looks like. Democrats just don't get it.
People should have been boycotting products
and merchandise for years now, once they started
moving jobs overseas, things would have been different!

Hit them in their pockets, their profits,
that's all they understand!

We know...you can't.

By attacking Trumps children.

LIAR ^^^ What evidence do you have that Trump's issues are being attacked. What tort exists, how have they been harmed? Spell it out and prove you're not a liar, or a simpleton simply echoing the bullshit of another.

/---- But it was perfectly OK when Democrat Icon President Harry Truman did the same thing to a reporter: “Someday I hope to meet you. When that happens you’ll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below! … A guttersnipe is a gentleman alongside you! …”

But why was Harry Truman tolerated when he wrote those exact words on White House stationery addressed to a reporter in December 1950?

And what was the offense that threw the president into uncontrolled rage? An entertainment reporter gave a bad review to Truman’s adult daughter after her Washington vocal concert.
source: Is Trump Another Truman?

Does anyone know what intimidation is being referred to? Because all I have seen is the tweet where Trump said Nordstrom is being unfair to his daughter and she is a great person that hardly seems like an attempt at intimidation.

This is another reason I could never be a liberal. A Democrat president can use 80 BILLION of our dollars to bailout out a private company and lefties think it's great. A Republican tweets his daughter was treated unfairly (which appears to be true) and the libs are besides themselves thinking it's a violation of office of some kind.

/---- But it was perfectly OK when Democrat Icon President Harry Truman did the same thing to a reporter: “Someday I hope to meet you. When that happens you’ll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below! … A guttersnipe is a gentleman alongside you! …”

But why was Harry Truman tolerated when he wrote those exact words on White House stationery addressed to a reporter in December 1950?

And what was the offense that threw the president into uncontrolled rage? An entertainment reporter gave a bad review to Truman’s adult daughter after her Washington vocal concert.

You really see no difference between a personal letter and a very public Twitter post?

This is another reason I could never be a liberal. A Democrat president can use 80 BILLION of our dollars to bailout out a private company and lefties think it's great. A Republican tweets his daughter was treated unfairly (which appears to be true) and the libs are besides themselves thinking it's a violation of office of some kind.

How in the world does your mind reconcile those two actions as being in any way the same?

Last edited:

You really see no difference between a personal letter and a very public Twitter post?

They see the difference, they know it's not right...yet they do everything to deflect from it.

Forum List

Back