Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?

Except that the laws of nature were in place before space and time. Which means that the potential for all of those non-material things you believe in existed before space and time began. Which means that non-material things existed before space and time.

Why are you back tracking now though? You argued that my belief was based upon an assumption of a beginning, right?

Are you arguing that the universe is infinite acting? That it always existed as in forever? The second law of thermodynamics precludes that. The idea of a cyclical universe is dead for precisely that reason. As time approaches infinity, the universe approaches thermal equilibrium. This we do not see.

"Except that the laws of nature were in place before space and time. Which means that the potential for all of those non-material things you believe in existed before space and time began. Which means that non-material things existed before space and time."

And you know this how?

It is an unbelievably stupid assertion that the laws of nature existed before anything existed..

Is that because you believe God didn't exist before space and time? You did say you believed in God, right?

By definition any living being that would qualify as what people define as God would be exist independent of space and time, in a completely different realm of conscious existence that is not based on anything material.

Your confusion stems from your misunderstanding the story of the creation in genesis which is about events that happened on earth no more than 6-10,000 years ago, not 14 billion years ago.

News flash. Everything in the universe is material, right? So everything in the universe that is not material (i.e. love, thought, music, etc) proceeds from the material.

Unless of course if you believe as I do that everything that is material proceeded from something that wasn't material.

Everything you mentioned is a product of the human mind, the only thing incorporeal about human beings that has no material existence.

"Except that the laws of nature were in place before space and time. Which means that the potential for all of those non-material things you believe in existed before space and time began. Which means that non-material things existed before space and time."

And you know this how?
It is an unbelievably stupid assertion that the laws of nature existed before anything existed..
Is that because you believe God didn't exist before space and time? You did say you believed in God, right?

By definition any living being that would qualify as what people define as God would be exist independent of space and time, in a completely different realm of conscious existence that is not based on anything material.

Your confusion stems from your misunderstanding the story of the creation in genesis which is about events that happened on earth no more than 6-10,000 years ago, not 14 billion years ago.
News flash. Everything in the universe is material, right? So everything in the universe that is not material (i.e. love, thought, music, etc) proceeds from the material.

Unless of course if you believe as I do that everything that is material proceeded from something that wasn't material.
Everything you mentioned is a product of the human mind, the only thing incorporeal about human beings that has no material existence.
Do you believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial?

No. The two realms are separated by a huge barrier as great as the gulf that separates the living from the dead. Flesh shall never inherit the kingdom of God. Ying has no place in yang.

Atheists are logically materialists because they do not believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial.
Unsupported claim.

Atheists believe that all non-material things proceeded from material things.
Unsupported claim.

Is that all you've got?
I have totally supported it. You are accusing me of what you have done.

Where did the material world come from? If you do not believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial, then you must believe everything proceeds from the material.

You find this offensive but it is true. You are literally recoiling from your own logical beliefs. That ought to raise your suspicion.

No. The two realms are separated by a huge barrier as great as the gulf that separates the living from the dead. Flesh shall never inherit the kingdom of God. Ying has no place in yang.
Where did the material world come from if not from the immaterial?

Do you believe the God you know existed before space and time?

The material world has no real existence, just like your almighty yet edible mangod.

Do you believe the God you know created space and time?

The material world has no real existence, just like your almighty yet edible mangod.
We absolutely do exist. Where did our existence come from?

Did the God you know create existence?

Space and time is a concept that burdens you.

There is no before space and time to God.

Space and time is a concept that burdens you.

There is no before space and time to God.
Space and time are absolutely real.

Did the God you know create your existence?

Atheists are logically materialists because they do not believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial.
Unsupported claim.

Unsupported claim.

Is that all you've got?

Where did the material world come from? If you do not believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial, then you must believe everything proceeds from the material.

You find this offensive but it is true. You are literally recoiling from your own logical beliefs. That ought to raise your suspicion.

The only thing offensive is your lack of logical rigor. You haven't proven that atheists "do not believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial" nor that atheists "believe that all non-material things proceeded from material things." You just made that shit up. That's what you've been doing most of the thread.

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

The basis for your entire experience of life is derived from superstitious archaic bullshit that was discarded long ago by more highly intelligent and advance living beings.

You really should be less concerned about where you came from and more concerned about where you are going.

The hell you are in is your final warning that you are on the road to destruction.

I'll give you one guess what happens after that...

Last edited:
The strawman of this thread is a stereotype of what the author presumes atheists believe. When in fact, the only thing that defines an atheist is what they don't believe in: gods.

Unsupported claim.

Unsupported claim.

Is that all you've got?

The only thing offensive is your lack of logical rigor. You haven't proven that atheists "do not believe the material world proceeded from the immaterial" nor that atheists "believe that all non-material things proceeded from material things." You just made that shit up. That's what you've been doing most of the thread.
No. I didn't make it up. It's called materialism. It's a real thing and the logical conclusion of atheism. I'm not sure why you can't follow the logic though.

Unless you believe that existence was created by something that isn't material, by definition, you must believe everything was created by something that is material. Can you tell me how this is wrong?

The strawman of this thread is a stereotype of what the author presumes atheists believe. When in fact, the only thing that defines an atheist is what they don't believe in: gods.
Then explain to me how you believe everything wasn't created from material and doesn't proceed from the material. Can you do that?

Last edited:

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

The basis for your entire experience of life is derived from superstitious archaic bullshit that was discarded long ago by more highly intelligent and advance living beings.
Do you believe that the God you know existed before space and time were created? It's really a simple question.

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

Did the God you know create your existence? Did the God you know exist before your existence?

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

You really should be less concerned about where you came from and more concerned about where you are going.

The hell you are in is your final warning that you are on the road to destruction.

I'll give you one guess what happens after that...
All I am asking you is a very simple question... did the God you claim to know create our existence? Yes or no.

Forum List

Back