Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?

To myself, but not you. You have to do that for yourself.

No, I am asking about actual proof.
What kind of proof would you accept?

And, yes, I was talking about actual proof in my last reply.

Proof that does not require faith. Proof that is not just for you.
Like what? Can you tell me specifically what it would take?

i wasn't arguing that the proof I have is not for you. I am arguing that there is no proof you will accept. You are proving my point when you can't tell me what proof you would accept.

Proof. I am not going to list specifications.

You said you can prove it to yourself, but not to me. Why can you prove it to yourself and not to me? Doesn't sound like proof.
Then how will I know what you will accept?

If you cannot prove that God exists, then you and I are both operating under our beliefs. Both are equally valid.
I disagree because I don't believe there is any proof you will accept. You can't even tell me what it would take.

We aren't operating under different beliefs, we are operating under different standards.

I don't believe they are equally valid standards. I believe your standard of proof is unrealistic. You can't even provide an example of the kinds of proof you will accept. Just like you couldn't explain how you aren't a materialist because you accept things that are incorporeal that proceed from things that are material.

If you cannot prove that God exists, then you and I are both operating under our beliefs. Both are equally valid.
I disagree because I don't believe there is any proof you will accept. You can't even tell me what it would take.

We aren't operating under different beliefs, we are operating under different standards.

I don't believe they are equally valid. I believe your standard of proof is unrealistic. You can't even tell me what kind of proof you would accept.

YOu said you can prove it to yourself but not to me.

Can you prove it to someone else besides me? Is there actual, empirical proof that God exists?

If you cannot prove that God exists
Like I said before when you changed the subject... I can prove God exists. Just not to you. You will have to do that for yourself.

Now I will add... because there is no proof you will accept from me.

I don't believe it is possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory because there is no affirmative case for atheism. The only argument of atheism is to argue against religion and to criticize religion.

So my question is... Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?
That's a ridiculous question. Is it possible for Christianity, or any other religion, to be more than theory and wishful thinking? That's a far more relevant question.

I don't believe they are equally valid. I believe your standard of proof is unrealistic. You can't even tell me what kind of proof you would accept.

Can you prove it to someone else besides me? Is there actual, empirical proof that God exists?
Yes, I did say that I can prove God exists. Just not to you. You will have to do that for yourself.

I can't prove it to someone like you who rejects all proof of a creator that is offered. Look, we can have that discussion but I already know you will reject everything I offer because that's how critical theory works. You aren't looking for proof, you are looking to validate your beliefs. You are looking to confirm your bias. How do I know this? Because you can't even tell me what evidence you would accept for a creator.

Empirical evidence? The evidence is all around and in you. You have either never looked for it or ignored it or never given it any serious consideration.

I don't believe it is possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory because there is no affirmative case for atheism. The only argument of atheism is to argue against religion and to criticize religion.

So my question is... Is it possible for atheism to ever be anything more than critical theory?
That's a ridiculous question. Is it possible for Christianity, or any other religion, to be more than theory and wishful thinking? That's a far more relevant question.
Thank you for proving my point.

Like I said before when you changed the subject... I can prove God exists. Just not to you. You will have to do that for yourself.

If you cannot prove outside of your own mind/belief, it is not proof.
That isn't a requirement of proof. Proof is evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Truth is discovered. There are many true things that people didn't believe and rejected evidence for it. Based on your requirement the truths that were discovered but opposed because people rejected it were not proven because only one person believed it.

Hilarious that right wingers say atheist have no morals or values and it’s those very same right wingers who have abandoned traditional Christianity.

How do we know? Well the casual observer would say look at their policies, two, the views of right wingers on sites just like the USMB.

If you cannot prove outside of your own mind/belief, it is not proof.
Proof of something is independent of your belief. If I offer you proof of something and you reject it, that doesn't mean it wasn't true or that you weren't offered proof. Right?

Your response is absolutely asinine. Your question in the beginning of the thread was asinine. You are asinine.

This is what you said: "… there is no affirmative case for atheism..."

There is no 'affirmative case" for religion or a believe in God either. Obviously you are too stupid to see that. You ASSUME there is some kind of concrete evidence that proves there is a god? Where? WTF is it?

Your response is absolutely asinine. Your question in the beginning of the thread was asinine. You are asinine.

This is what you said: "… there is no affirmative case for atheism..."

There is no 'affirmative case" for religion or a believe in God either. Obviously you are too stupid to see that. You ASSUME there is some kind of concrete evidence that proves there is a god? Where? WTF is it?
Often times ignorance is insolent.

Yes, I did say that I can prove God exists. Just not to you. You will have to do that for yourself.

I can't prove it to someone like you who rejects all proof of a creator that is offered. Look, we can have that discussion but I already know you will reject everything I offer because that's how critical theory works. You aren't looking for proof, you are looking to validate your beliefs. You are looking to confirm your bias. How do I know this? Because you can't even tell me what evidence you would accept for a creator.

Empirical evidence? The evidence is all around and in you. You have either never looked for it or ignored it or never given it any serious consideration.

Absolute nonsense. The fact that you see "proof" all around you does not make it actual proof. You see what you want to see. This is also evidenced by your insistence that I am a materialist or that all atheists are either marxists or supporting marxism (even if they don't intend to do so).

I am simply asking for actual proof. What you are describing is faith. I respect faith. But it is not the same as proof.

We absolutely do exist. Where did our existence come from?

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

The basis for your entire experience of life is derived from superstitious archaic bullshit that was discarded long ago by more highly intelligent and advance living beings.

You really should be less concerned about where you came from and more concerned about where you are going.

The hell you are in is your final warning that you are on the road to destruction.

I'll give you one guess what happens after that...
All I am asking you is a very simple question... did the God you claim to know create our existence? Yes or no.
You changed the question from if the God I know created my existence to if the God we know created our existence.

I already told you that there is no we or us that pertains to my knowledge of God. I do not believe in any three in one God made man made matzo made by human hands that you do. You do not believe that Jesus was a man. I do. You believe that he was one part of a coequal trinity of an unequalled God. I don't.

So the simple answer is yes and no..

The God I know formed me from the dust of the earth in which I was already wallowing in, breathed the breath of life into my nostrils and so I became a living being, a new immortal creature.

You were taken from the dust of the earth and formed into a perversion of a living being by whatever talking serpent convinced you that the way to eternal life is doing the exact thing that My God promises leads to death, hell, and damnation and so you have become a lifeless corpse.

I have my reward already.

So do you.

Be happy!

Last edited:
Absolute nonsense. The fact that you see "proof" all around you does not make it actual proof. You see what you want to see. This is also evidenced by your insistence that I am a materialist or that all atheists are either marxists or supporting marxism (even if they don't intend to do so).

I am simply asking for actual proof. What you are describing is faith. I respect faith. But it is not the same as proof.
There are dead people everywhere. Walking around like regular people. They can't see each other. They see only what they want to see. They don't know that they are dead.

What more proof could anyone need to see that the terrifying and deeply disturbing effects of divine judgment consequent to defying the law of God is in full force..?

If you can see that you are one step away from having your proof of my God.

My God, apparently an unknown God, is the God of the living.

Last edited:

I never said faith was proof. Faith is having complete trust in something or someone. I don't place complete trust in anything unless I have good reason to do so. I have investigated and tested it for myself which is how I proved it to myself.

What is created is absolutely evidence of a creator. Have you ever studied what the evidence shows?

One day you will meet the creator and discover the truth that what he created is indeed evidence. It should be fairly obvious to you at that point. Or will you argue with him that it is his fault that he didn't give you enough proof? Have you ever considered that you are being tested?

You are a materialist because you believe incorporeal things come from material things. Whereas I believe all things (material and incorporeal) came from something which is incorporeal. If you believed that that incorporeal things came from incorporeal, then by definition you wouldn't be an atheist because then you would believe in spirit which is not a material thing.

Are you trying to say you believe in spirit but don't believe in God who is spirit?

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

The basis for your entire experience of life is derived from superstitious archaic bullshit that was discarded long ago by more highly intelligent and advance living beings.

You really should be less concerned about where you came from and more concerned about where you are going.

The hell you are in is your final warning that you are on the road to destruction.

All I am asking you is a very simple question... did the God you claim to know create our existence? Yes or no.
You changed the question from if the God I know created my existence to if the God we know created our existence.

I already told you that there is no we or us that pertains to my knowledge of God. I do not believe in any three in one God made man made matzo made by human hands that you do. You do not believe that Jesus was a man. I do. You believe that he was one part of a coequal trinity of an unequalled God. I don't.

The God I know formed me from the dust of the earth in which I was already wallowing in, breathed the breath of life into my nostrils and so I became a living being, a new immortal creature.

You were taken from the dust of the earth and formed into a perversion of a living being by whatever talking serpent convinced you that the way to eternal life is doing the exact thing that My God promises leads to death, hell, and damnation and so you have become a lifeless corpse.

So do you.

Be happy!

How is it that the God you know didn't exist before existence?

Because you did say yes and no that the God you know existed before he created space and time?

Who was it that created your space and time again?

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

So do you.

Be happy!

I didn't say that, now did I?

We again? ugh..

Let me put it this way.

So do you.

Be happy!

I didn't say that, now did I?
Actually you did.

the simple answer is yes and no..

Forum List

Back