Is it possible?

But it is all running down. Eventually the stars will burn out and the universe will be dead. By your logic, does that not imply no maintenance is occurring?

we can't make sure 100% that the theories of astronomers about the big bang that happened billions of years before, or their description for the end of world after billions of years is indeed correct.
we wasn't here from billions of years, and it is very hard to wait another billions of years to see what will happen. we actually know little about the dynamics of the universe.

so it is wise to examine systems that are near us and have short (cycle time) such as our earth. we are at least sure that the complex systems on the earth continued to function without a crash for thousands of years (not to say millions of years).

so we can ask the same question again:

do you think it is possible for such complicated system to work all this time without any supervision or maintenance?

now i have a question:

if you claim that the world has no supervision of any kind and so it actually degrades continuously even if very slowly. how the world was developed to its current complicated functional state? if it always degrades how it is brought to its currently well designed state?

from our every day experience we know that every machine or system needs continuous maintenance by human beings.

a car may need some maintenance from time to time.

a factory should be supervised by some humans regardless by the level of advanced technology applied.

every (working system) made by human needs continuous supervision and maintenance, otherwise it will degrade continuously.

now, think about this world we live in.

it is a highly-complicated (factory), where millions of plants, animals and humans are created every year. the system provides enough amount of oxygen in the air and continuous supply of pure water by rains to sustain life.
this factory works from very long time.

so do you think it is possible for such complicated system to work all this time without any supervision or maintenance? and why you think so?

There are an estimated 10 to the power of 24 planets in our universe.

How Many Planets Are In The Universe 8211 Starts With A Bang

With at least 200 billion galaxies out there (and possibly even more), we’re very likely talking about a Universe filled with around 1024 planets, or, for those of you who like it written out, around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe.

What makes you believe that all of them need "supervision or maintenance"?

And if they don't and only earth does then what makes earth special and not those trillions and trillions of planets?

Going all ga-ga over something that looks complex doesn't mean that is "evidence" of something out there "controlling" it. Your own body consists of all kinds of complex systems keeping you alive that you don't supervise and maintain. You don't tell your marrow to make more blood cells or tune up your lymph nodes or tweak your kidney filtering.

But it is all running down. Eventually the stars will burn out and the universe will be dead. By your logic, does that not imply no maintenance is occurring?

we can't make sure 100% that the theories of astronomers about the big bang that happened billions of years before, or their description for the end of world after billions of years is indeed correct.
we wasn't here from billions of years, and it is very hard to wait another billions of years to see what will happen. we actually know little about the dynamics of the universe.

so it is wise to examine systems that are near us and have short (cycle time) such as our earth. we are at least sure that the complex systems on the earth continued to function without a crash for thousands of years (not to say millions of years).

so we can ask the same question again:

do you think it is possible for such complicated system to work all this time without any supervision or maintenance?

now i have a question:

if you claim that the world has no supervision of any kind and so it actually degrades continuously even if very slowly. how the world was developed to its current complicated functional state? if it always degrades how it is brought to its currently well designed state?

Yes, it is certainly possible. The universe does exist. I have not said there is no supervision, only that your logic fails. I don't know how it works and neither do you. Ignorance is not knowledge.

And if they don't and only earth does then what makes earth special and not those trillions and trillions of planets?

Going all ga-ga over something that looks complex doesn't mean that is "evidence" of something out there "controlling" it. Your own body consists of all kinds of complex systems keeping you alive that you don't supervise and maintain. You don't tell your marrow to make more blood cells or tune up your lymph nodes or tweak your kidney filtering.

do you think 10^24 is a big number?

assume you have a short english paragraph of say 10 words (i.e.) approx. 40 letter.

now imagine that we performed an experiment in which we choose 40 letters successively each of them in a random fashion. what is the probability that we get the short english paragraph?

do you think 10^24 is a big number?

assume you have a short english paragraph of say 10 words (i.e.) approx. 40 letter.

now imagine that we performed an experiment in which we choose 40 letters successively each of them in a random fashion. what is the probability that we get the short english paragraph?

Does this look like a small number to you?

What are the odds if we placed 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 "letters successively each of them in a random fashion. what is the probability that we get the short english paragraph"?

Does this look like a small number to you?

What are the odds if we placed 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 "letters successively each of them in a random fashion. what is the probability that we get the short english paragraph"?

let's calculate:

the probability of choosing 40 english letter successively in a random fashion and getting the fixed paragraph is:

p= (1/25)^40= 1.2 * 10^(-56) (assuming english alphabet is 25 letters)

so approximately one in 10^56 !!!

from our every day experience we know that every machine or system needs continuous maintenance by human beings.

a factory should be supervised by some humans regardless by the level of advanced technology applied.

every (working system) made by human needs continuous supervision and maintenance, otherwise it will degrade continuously.

it is a highly-complicated (factory), where millions of plants, animals and humans are created every year. the system provides enough amount of oxygen in the air and continuous supply of pure water by rains to sustain life.

so do you think it is possible for such complicated system to work all this time without any supervision or maintenance? and why you think so?
What about our history (both human and geological) suggests that a talented manager is at the helm?
:dunno:

Are you a Christian?

no i am muslim. isn't clear from my name?
I think Muslims need someone to keep an eye on them.

I think Muslims are just like any other people and can govern themselves if given the opportunity.
So I'm guessing that you're ignorant of what's going on in the Middle East? Please get a clue.
What if the answer to the Middle East is to let Evolution run its course?

What if all the partitioning and interference from the West IS the problem?

It is very well known from experience that every (dead system) will degrade with time without supervision or maintenance, the more the system is complicated with randomness affecting its workings, the more probability it will goes to crash fast !!

if you left your house without cleaning or ordering for years, it will be very dirty and unordered. the house will not take care of itself!! even if you use some advanced technology to accomplish cleaning task, it will need some supervision/maintenance even if it is infrequent.

all dead system always moves to a state of disorder and chaos. Only living beings are able to take care of itself, reproduce and even maintain/supervise other systems.

so the existence of our highly complicated however still functioning world is enough evidence for the existence of living power that supervise and maintain it.

You have brought up some very interesting ideas, Mohammad! I believe that man was given that role of care taker and having dominion over the earth. Absolutely. I get your point!

What about our history (both human and geological) suggests that a talented manager is at the helm?
:dunno:
True and we are the caretakers He has entrusted it all to!

Are you a Christian?

I think Muslims are just like any other people and can govern themselves if given the opportunity.
So I'm guessing that you're ignorant of what's going on in the Middle East? Please get a clue.

Buddy, try to stay on topic. It's about the fact that if Muslims are left to themselves, ISIS is what happens. They become barbarians. Look at Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan... When the central government weakens or disappears, all hell breaks loose and the Muslim savages go on a rampage.

Are you a Christian?

Not ignorant at all, That's why I believe they could govern themselves.

We could too if we tried.

Oh, My GOD!! :disbelief: The Monkeys are in charge of the Monkey House!

That explains a few things.

:popcorn:

Despite your constant use of the word monkey which is distracting, why is this a surprise? The Lord has blessed us with our minds and hands. Why wouldn't we have the responsibility to take care of what is in our care?

The Lord teaches us how to govern ourselves. We are blessed when we follow His counsel.

Are you a Christian?

Buddy, try to stay on topic. It's about the fact that if Muslims are left to themselves, ISIS is what happens. They become barbarians. Look at Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan... When the central government weakens or disappears, all hell breaks loose and the Muslim savages go on a rampage.

What about the barbarians among our nation? The ones turning to violence, the ones destroying inner cities, the ones killing their unborn children, the ones concerned more about getting their next fix than their own lives and the lives of those around them?

If you think we are free from barbarism, then you have blinded yourself to what's going on in the world around us.

Forum List

Back