Is It Right That American Citizens Should Have To Stand Over 5 or 6 Hours In Line Just To Vote?

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

Give your reasons for your answer.

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

If it were on Saturday, you’d bitch about that too.
Hell no. I'd go walk my dog like I always do at 8am and by 11am or Noon I'll be at the polling place.

I don't think anyone would complain about Saturday. What possible arguments could they make?

Typical ‘logic’ from bobobrainless.

:rolleyes:

You think that because you don't work on Saturdays, no one does? Idiot.

We know you live all alone, but families often schedule many activities for Saturdays because it is one of the only days they can. Real people travel on weekends, take their kids to various sports competitions or other events, and sometimes worship.

Dumbass couldn't even imagine anything beyond his own nose.
I already showed you idiot that 80% work on Tuesdays and a much smaller percentage of people work weekends.

And you can do your family activities before or after you vote stupid.

Hey, I go up north hunting on weekends in November. I would have to stay home that weekend. I would probably end up doing absentee voting if it were on a Saturday in November. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be better for 80% of us if voting were on a Saturday not a Tuesday.

I know a few people at my work who didn't bother voting in 2016. Just went home after work. Our company doesn't love it if you leave an hour early to go vote. You can but they look at you funny. They say you have plenty of time after 5pm to go vote. That's bullshit too. And that wouldn't happen if voting were on a Saturday...

Oh no! They look at you funny! What a pussy. Now we know how important voting is to you.

Everyone deserves to vote.

The guy living under a highway overpass deserves the same vote as a corporate CEO.

Each will vote for his own interest

The guy under the bridge will vote to take money from the CEO instead of getting a job. That's what you all fair? Our founders never intended everybody to vote for that reason. But since everybody does have the right to vote unfortunately, there is no right that says it has to be easy.

Or should something be done about that so that it's made as quick, easy and efficient as possible?

No. That is a clear indication that their either are not enough polling places, not enough hours for polls to be open, or there needs to be more early voting.

Not everyone has that amount of time to stand in line...they have to work.
That's another move to suppress voters. Having the election on a Tuesday. Why a Tuesday? Why not a Saturday?

If it were on Saturday, you’d bitch about that too.
Hell no. I'd go walk my dog like I always do at 8am and by 11am or Noon I'll be at the polling place.

I don't think anyone would complain about Saturday. What possible arguments could they make?

Typical ‘logic’ from bobobrainless.

:rolleyes:

You think that because you don't work on Saturdays, no one does? Idiot.

We know you live all alone, but families often schedule many activities for Saturdays because it is one of the only days they can. Real people travel on weekends, take their kids to various sports competitions or other events, and sometimes worship.

Dumbass couldn't even imagine anything beyond his own nose.
I already showed you idiot that 80% work on Tuesdays and a much smaller percentage of people work weekends.

And you can do your family activities before or after you vote stupid.

Hey, I go up north hunting on weekends in November. I would have to stay home that weekend. I would probably end up doing absentee voting if it were on a Saturday in November. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be better for 80% of us if voting were on a Saturday not a Tuesday.

I know a few people at my work who didn't bother voting in 2016. Just went home after work. Our company doesn't love it if you leave an hour early to go vote. You can but they look at you funny. They say you have plenty of time after 5pm to go vote. That's bullshit too. And that wouldn't happen if voting were on a Saturday...

Oh no! They look at you funny! What a pussy. Now we know how important voting is to you.
Oh this is rich. A guy who's a public school teacher who's protected by a union. You have no idea what it's like to work for a private company in a right to work state where a company can get rid of you for any reason they want. No union protections. Meanwhile, you are protected by a union and you feel confident you won't be let go if you leave early to vote. What a douchebag.

I'm a great salesperson so they roll their eyes but they let me go. Then there's the bottom 80%. The people who don't make as much as me. The people who aren't as confident they have job security. Let's call them the blue collar minority workers, just to put a face on these people. They know what I mean when I say management looks at you funny. If you aren't in a union, you know what I mean. But you are not. You're a union public servant with tenure. Job security. You can't comprehend. So just shut up okay stupid?

The question is do you think Tuesday is just as good a day as Saturday or Sunday? Why when 80% of us are free on weekends. None of us have a 9 hour commitment with the kids like you do. One where it's too much for you to go vote before or after. What do you do for 9 straight hours on a Saturday? Well on Tuesday most of us work 8- fucking 5. Now I got to vote after work? Why not Saturday you fuckwad? Because you want to go camping that one weekend every 2 years? Liar. You just don't want people voting. Because you know the masses don't agree with you. And you're a public school union teacher with a pension? What a hypocrite.

The question is do you think Tuesday is just as good a day as Saturday or Sunday? Why when 80% of us are free on weekends. None of us have a 9 hour commitment with the kids like you do. One where it's too much for you to go vote before or after. What do you do for 9 straight hours on a Saturday? Well on Tuesday most of us work 8- fucking 5. Now I got to vote after work? Why not Saturday you fuckwad? Because you want to go camping that one weekend every 2 years? Liar. You just don't want people voting. Because you know the masses don't agree with you. And you're a public school union teacher with a pension? What a hypocrite.

Or we can simply declare it a national holiday and everybody gets off.

Bobo brainless still thinks he is the only human being on earth who works in the private sector. What an idiot.

If voting took place on a Saturday like brainless here Wants, our already shamefully low percentages of American voting would go down even further.

Most people who bother to vote go before or after work on that particular day and make it part of their workday when they know they are going out for that purpose anyway. 30 states have laws mandating that companies allow time off to go vote.

Has anyone figured out where these 6 hour lines are? MarcATL refuses to provide a link.

Until he does, I will assume this is just another of his many lies.

Ok so in Detroit maybe it was only 2 hours. A lot longer than in Metro Detroit where it only takes 20 minutes.

Are you going to wait 10 hours to vote for Trump?
So you too are calling MarcATL a lying sack.
Yea. It's 10 hour wait not 6.
2 Dimwinger run counties.

Why do Dimingers want to make it so painful for minorities to vote? Could it be because you are the party of racists?

Say finger to empty head, ever heard of early voting? Longest I've waited is maybe 10 minutes. Perhaps that's because conservatives are running it? Where do you live, scumsuck LA or something like?

The purpose here is to try and frustrate self motivated Republicans who will willingly fulfill their public duty and go and vote

Bobo brainless still thinks he is the only human being on earth who works in the private sector. What an idiot.
All I know is you work for the public sector. You're protected by a union. So sure you feel confident leaving work an hour early to go vote. Thank the union, stupid.

If voting took place on a Saturday like brainless here Wants, our already shamefully low percentages of American voting would go down even further.

Check this out. You teachers are so unionized there's a freakin website explaining to you how you ask for time off so you can go vote. Not all of us have this schmuck.

How do I request time off on Election Day so I can vote?

Why does this have to be spelled out to teachers?

Under the New York State Election Law, an employee must be allowed on Election Day, without loss of pay, for up to three hours, to take off so much working time as will enable the employee to vote at an election.

If an employee requires time off to vote, the employee must notify his/her administrator by completing a Voting Leave Request form no less than two working days before the day of the election, setting forth the amount of time they require to vote.

An employee's assertion that they are registered to vote and reside in a district having an election shall be sufficient in most cases, however, a supervisor may also request confirmation from an employee.

Unless otherwise mutually agreed, the employee shall be allowed time off only at the beginning or end of his or her working shift. Any time taken off that exceeds three hours must be charged to CAR/personal business days.

You get 3 hours off? Thank a union. I just get an hour off. No wonder you're willing to wait to vote. You have 3 hours to kill that I don't.

All I know is you work for the public sector. You're protected by a union. So sure you feel confident leaving work an hour early to go vote. Thank the union, stupid.
At least he’s employed
Who employs sillybobo?
A manufacturing company who appreciates me tripling their aftermarket sales. So much so that when I started it was at $40K now I make $100K. Suck it poor boy.

At least he’s employed
Who employs sillybobo?
Why doesn't he quit the public school and go work for a private school? Shit. They wouldn't have him. Only the worst teachers in MI go teach in Detroit. He works at a poor inner city school. A gym teacher who they let teach history. All he teaches them is about asian history because he has a hard on for ****** and *****. Removed racial slurs. sealybobo

Last edited by a moderator:
The purpose here is to try and frustrate self motivated Republicans who will willingly fulfill their public duty and go and vote

No one ever tries to stop Republicans from voting because we know they're gong to vote. And not just every 4 years. You guys will be at the next midterms too. You vote every 2 years.

The people us liberals are trying to get to vote won't show up for the 2022 midterms. It sucks they don't realize how important voting is.

No liberal ever tries to make the argument that there is no difference between the two parties. But you will find conservatives/republicans here who make that argument here all the time.

We never tell you guys there is no difference between the two parties because we know you know better.

Has anyone figured out where these 6 hour lines are? MarcATL refuses to provide a link.

Until he does, I will assume this is just another of his many lies.

Ok so in Detroit maybe it was only 2 hours. A lot longer than in Metro Detroit where it only takes 20 minutes.

Are you going to wait 10 hours to vote for Trump?
So you too are calling MarcATL a lying sack.
Yea. It's 10 hour wait not 6.
2 Dimwinger run counties.

Why do Dimingers want to make it so painful for minorities to vote? Could it be because you are the party of racists?

The Plot Against America: The GOP’s Plan to Suppress the Vote and Sabotage the Election

Blocking ballots, intimidating voters, spreading misinformation — undermining democracy is at the heart of Trump’s 2020 campaign

Trump singled out what he called the “biggest risk” to his bid for a second term. It was not the mounting death toll from COVID-19, or further economic damage inflicted by the pandemic, or anything else a reality-dwelling president might fret about.

“My biggest risk is that we don’t win lawsuits,” Trump told the Politico reporter he’d invited. He was referring to the series of lawsuits filed by his campaign and the Republican National Committee that fight the expansion of mail-in voting and seek to limit access to the ballot box in November. “We have many lawsuits going all over,” he said. “And if we don’t win those lawsuits, I think — I think it puts the election at risk.”

With Trump at the helm, the U.S. government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic has ranked as one of the worst anywhere in the world.

Trump and his Republican enablers are putting voter suppression front and center — fear-mongering about voting by mail, escalating their Election Day poll watching and so-called ballot-security operations, and blocking funding to prepare the country for a pandemic-era election. “The president views vote-by-mail as a threat to his election,” a lawyer for the Trump campaign recently told 60 Minutes.

Check this out. You teachers are so unionized there's a freakin website explaining to you how you ask for time off so you can go vote. Not all of us have this schmuck.

How do I request time off on Election Day so I can vote?

Why does this have to be spelled out to teachers?

Under the New York State Election Law, an employee must be allowed on Election Day, without loss of pay, for up to three hours, to take off so much working time as will enable the employee to vote at an election.

If an employee requires time off to vote, the employee must notify his/her administrator by completing a Voting Leave Request form no less than two working days before the day of the election, setting forth the amount of time they require to vote.

An employee's assertion that they are registered to vote and reside in a district having an election shall be sufficient in most cases, however, a supervisor may also request confirmation from an employee.

Unless otherwise mutually agreed, the employee shall be allowed time off only at the beginning or end of his or her working shift. Any time taken off that exceeds three hours must be charged to CAR/personal business days.

You get 3 hours off? Thank a union. I just get an hour off. No wonder you're willing to wait to vote. You have 3 hours to kill that I don't.

That law applies to everyone in New York, not just teachers, you idiot. And I do not live in New York, fool.

Forum List

Back