Is it sexist to obsess over a female TV reporter's beauty?

Is it wrong to fantazize over David Muir, naked, tied with harsh nylon, face down to a bed and ball gagged, and having his prostate expressed by a nude, masked well muscled non-caucasian man wielding a battery powered red dildo?

Ah, see. Therein lies the rub. The pretty faces are clearly a major boon for ratings among the liberal audiences of NBC/MSNBC and CNN. And that can only mean that liberals' viewing behavior (despite their claims to champion women's equality) is reduces the the worthiness of these women to their attractiveness.
But I don't think it is an intended act nor is it intended to be judgmental. Look back at your teachers growing up. You had a crush on the cute or beautiful ones but you had no feelings for the not so pretty ones. I think it is a natural reaction that men are attracted to and pay closer attention to pretty women.

But I don't think it is an intended act nor is it intended to be judgmental.

So that's okay if it's liberals, right? Why all the griping and complaining that conservatives have unconscious racial biases against black people, but give liberals a pass?

Visual appeal is a major driving force behind who gets hired to be on television. So much so that it can override anything else at times.

Let's start with the example of Alli Raffa.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

This woman is a knockout. She's truly an exceptional and rare beauty. I wonder, would she be on the NBC News payroll if she had Kelly Osborne's face? Is there any amount of intelligence, skill, or journalistic excellence that would overcome such a face to land her in exactly the same place in her career at exactly the same time? How much ineptitude is forgiven in by her employer for the sake of being able to have this face on their airwaves?

Let's look at another face in the NBC news world.

tur.png

Katy Tur is beautiful woman. I've seen her on TV plenty of times and even have followed her on Twitter at one point for a while, and she seems like she's probably a perfectly nice person. But she's not exactly a rocket scientist. She stumbles on her words at times on TV. She doesn't really conduct meaningful interviews. I don't think she really says an original thought and largely says whatever is fed to her on a teleprompter or that her producer tells her through her earpiece. Would she be in her job with Kelly Osborne's face? I doubt it.

There's a reason I'm focusing on the NBC News sphere. Liberals claim to champion women's equality and empowerment. And NBC News seems to really put that into action by seemingly favoring female anchors. But how is this not actually sexist?

If women are going to reduced to their beauty on TV, then shouldn't it be perfectly OK to constantly see these women as nothing more than a hot piece of ass?
myi goodness, crazy eyes and a snauze so big it sucks up her lips....what could go wrong

Visual appeal is a major driving force behind who gets hired to be on television. So much so that it can override anything else at times.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

This woman is a knockout. She's truly an exceptional and rare beauty. I wonder, would she be on the NBC News payroll if she had Kelly Osborne's face? Is there any amount of intelligence, skill, or journalistic excellence that would overcome such a face to land her in exactly the same place in her career at exactly the same time? How much ineptitude is forgiven in by her employer for the sake of being able to have this face on their airwaves?

tur.png

Katy Tur is beautiful woman. I've seen her on TV plenty of times and even have followed her on Twitter at one point for a while, and she seems like she's probably a perfectly nice person. But she's not exactly a rocket scientist. She stumbles on her words at times on TV. She doesn't really conduct meaningful interviews. I don't think she really says an original thought and largely says whatever is fed to her on a teleprompter or that her producer tells her through her earpiece. Would she be in her job with Kelly Osborne's face? I doubt it.Fox News

There's a reason I'm focusing on the NBC News sphere. Liberals claim to champion women's equality and empowerment. And NBC News seems to really put that into action by seemingly favoring female anchors. But how is this not actually sexist?

If women are going to reduced to their beauty on TV, then shouldn't it be perfectly OK to constantly see these women as nothing more than a hot piece of ass?

Fox News does not favor female anchors, but their female reporters are gorgeous and mostly blond.
They obviously do not think that females can be capable anchors, so they keep the beauty in the background. Most female anchors in the liberal news sphere are capable, including Tur.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

tur.png

Katy Tur is beautiful woman. I've seen her on TV plenty of times and even have followed her on Twitter at one point for a while, and she seems like she's probably a perfectly nice person. But she's not exactly a rocket scientist. She stumbles on her words at times on TV. She doesn't really conduct meaningful interviews. I don't think she really says an original thought and largely says whatever is fed to her on a teleprompter or that her producer tells her through her earpiece. Would she be in her job with Kelly Osborne's face? I doubt it.

These women are ugly.

Fox News does not favor female anchors, but their female reporters are gorgeous and mostly blond.
They obviously do not think that females can be capable anchors, so they keep the beauty in the background. Most female anchors in the liberal news sphere are capable, including Tur.

But Fox News is not catering to a liberal demographic that claim to champion women's equality and empowerment.

The only exception is MSNBC because lets face it, Rachel Maddow has got to be one of the ugliest dykes on national TV.
MSNBC hires ugly news hosts like Maddow and then they wonder why their ratings go down. The smart guys at Fox hire hot chicks and watch ratings go up.

Television is a visual medium so of course it's nice to have an attractive news anchor. If you spend an hour watching a morning news show, it's nice to have an appealing person deliver that news. Especially with the new high definition digital TV screens.

I don't watch morning National News shows because too many female anchors look like Maxine Waters, these days. No thanks.

People get preference for lots of reasons. Basketball players are obscenely tall. Many football players are short, fat, and dumpy. Entertainers and actors tend to be attractive. I guess a lot depends on the audience they are to please.

no...beauty is a good thing!

there's a reason Roger Ailes required all FOX women must wear miniskirts with platform shoes
Absolutely!

And while we're at it, let's have real blondes. Not blonde wannabes wearing those awful fucking blonde hair-hats.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

tur.png

I THINK YOU NEED GLASSES.

Allie-Raffa.jpg

tur.png

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

This beholder does not think the reporter is that beautiful

Forum List

Back