🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is "Jupiter" a bad name for kid? Would you name your kid Jupiter?

Well, it could have been worse.

The kid could be named after the next planet out.

I think you're talking about Uranus but isn't Saturn supposed to be next? (I'm not going to lie to you, I looked it up and that was the order. XD)

Oh and btw me personally, I wouldn't name my child Jupiter, but maybe my cat and then I would name my dog Pluto. :D

I think you're talking about Uranus but isn't Saturn supposed to be next? (I'm not going to lie to you, I looked it up and that was the order. XD)
Oh, yeah, you're right. At least I got my senior moment out of rhe way right off the bat, today.

I suppose it is probably a good thing rhat the next planet was named Saturn because it would have been quite untoward of me to be talking about the rings around Uranus.

One of my favorite childhood "heroes" was Jupiter Jones from The Three Investigators.
Beat me to it!

That was a great series, far better than the Hardy Boys.

A heavyset brainiac, Jupiter, founds a early teenage detective agency with his friends Bob(?) And Peter(?). Bob was short and limped but was all courage. Peter was tall and athletic enough to scare the town bully.

Never produced as a TV series even though Hitchcock endorsed the books. Write a script and let Peter be Patricia, a transgirl, and I bet you could pitch it.

It beats most of the names Black mothers seem to bestow on their babies these days. Stick a couple of vowels together and put it on a B.C. and the kid is stuck with it.

Last edited:
I just clicked on this Click Bait about a soon to be Mom whose husband wanted to name their new child Jupiter. She is against the name because she is afraid the kid will be bullied because of the name.

What do you think?

I can see where it might be a little bit of an issue, but on the other hand it is a very memorable name which can be a plus. Also, it seems like a very strong Alpha name if that makes any sense. I don't know if I would mess with a dude name Jupiter.

That child will be bullied.

Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider. Girls go to Mars and get candy bars.

OTOH Jupiter is all about luck, good fortune and success.....which you will need to survive K-12.

That child will be bullied.

Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider. Girls go to Mars and get candy bars.

OTOH Jupiter is all about luck, good fortune and success.....which you will need to survive K-12.
I'm sure there will come a time when someone will joke about the name, but is that necessarily bullying? If the kid name Jupiter handling himself well and doesn't turn out to be a snowflake, bullying will not be a major problem because of his name. There are plenty of worse names than Jupiter. After all, Jupiter is the largest of the planets and the name of the "King of the gods". It's the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Zeus.

If I had a child I would have named him/her IfonlyIhadwornacondom.

1651178314105.png

Damn, thats awesome. I wanna make another baby just to call it that!

Forum List

Back