🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is "Jupiter" a bad name for kid? Would you name your kid Jupiter?

Are you on drugs?

Probably since there's only one God and I can guarantee you that that's not Him.

How about "River" for a name. It didn't bother that pop star.

If we're going with different names, I sort of like the name Journey for a girl as I actually think that's kind of pretty. River is alright, but I think Journey is prettier. :) (You can also spell it Journee but I prefer the first spelling then the latter.)

Star and MOON were used several times in the sixties and beyond. Of course, their parents were hippies.

Doesn't Luna mean moon? I think that's a really pretty name for a girl and it reminds me of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. :)

I just learned the other day that Clemens got the name 'Mark Twain' from a tab he used to keep in a saloon in Arizona where he hated to drink alone.
Nope. You got fooled. Mark Twain refers to the way the depth of the Mississippi River was called out by the Mate who was taking measurements to keep watercraft from running aground. One of the Rivermen has the job of dropping a weighted and knotted rope. Counting the knots gave the captain knowledge of clearance. "By the Mark. By the Mark, Mark Twain". Clearance. Full Speed ahead. Mark Twain loved the river and actually became a steamboat pilot.

For more info Mark Twain - Wikipedia.

Sorry you were misled.

Nope. You got fooled. Sorry you were misled.

Hmm. Well, apparently the saloon story is pretty well established, that story was mentioned in a PBS program I caught recently. But then, we all know Tipsy that you can't believe everything PBS tells us!

But apparently the one true fact is that marking twain refers to twice, whether two drinks or two fathoms.

If you are going to name a kid after a planet, Jupiter is O.K. and Mercury is good and Venus for a girl but you might not want to consider "Uranus".

Hmm. Well, apparently the saloon story is pretty well established, that story was mentioned in a PBS program I caught recently. But then, we all know Tipsy that you can't believe everything PBS tells us!

But apparently the one true fact is that marking twain refers to twice, whether two drinks or two fathoms.
I have never heard the saloon story. I have known about the river measurement all along. Note that history doesn't mention Arizona.

Forum List

Back