Is McCain right to say Obama's "Isis policy" led to the Orlando attacks?

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Unduly harsh, imo, but not unfair. I think McCain is deluding himself (as usual) about our ability to maintain a combat presence in Iraq when All-ah-Mucky was prime minister. But, I also think we could have moved the campaign against ISIS with a bit more urgency without chancing another qWagmire.

McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando shooting

Yes, Obama's policy has made us more vulnerable to attacks. Now we are the number one target. There's your Hope and Change.

Obama and Hillary did more to destabilize the Middle and support Jihad than 10,000 binLadens dare dream

"Directly" means that he was actually involved in, or actually assisted in, the shooting.

So, no, obviously.

I'm a little surprised that McCain said that, he's usually a little more measured in his words.

Unduly harsh, imo, but not unfair. I think McCain is deluding himself (as usual) about our ability to maintain a combat presence in Iraq when All-ah-Mucky was prime minister. But, I also think we could have moved the campaign against ISIS with a bit more urgency without chancing another qWagmire.

McCain: Obama 'directly responsible' for Orlando shooting

I think this guy could have easily gone nuts without the existence of Isis. So no.

Yes.

DHS was tracking the mosques that both the Orlando AND SB shooters were radicalized at.

Obama and Hillary while at State Dept "requested" (ordered) the files scrubbed on those 2 along with hundreds of others due to....drum roll...."it singled out Muslims".

Now....over 60 dead Americans later....the media is silent.

Yes.

DHS was tracking the mosques that both the Orlando AND SB shooters were radicalized at.

Obama and Hillary while at State Dept "requested" (ordered) the files scrubbed on those 2 along with hundreds of others due to....drum roll...."it singled out Muslims".

Now....over 60 dead Americans later....the media is silent.
bullshit claim

juan McCain is correct but the only reason for his comment is that he is having a rough re election this time from what I hear . --- juan mcCain is nasty and is only concerned with his paychecks .

John McCain: Obama is ‘directly responsible’ for Orlando attack

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the elder Republican statesman, said President Obama was “directly responsible” for the terror attack in Orlando due to his failure to combat the rise of the Islamic State terror group.

McCain’s statement goes beyond the criticism of Obama that has been leveled by his Republican colleagues in the Senate, and it follows remarks made this week by presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, who seemed to connect Obama to the attack in a Monday interview and on Wednesday tweeted an article claiming that Obama “actively supported” the terrorist group that became the Islamic State.

Ha Ha, McCain walks it back.

"I misspoke," McCain said in a statement.

"I did not mean to imply that the President was personally responsible. I was referring to President Obama's national security decisions, not the President himself."
McCain backtracks after blaming Obama for shooting in Orlando

So, "I was referring to President Obama's national security decisions, not the president himself." Well, thanks John, that makes no sense to me at all. I do appreciate the walkback, that's going to look good in November, when Democrats send you to the Goofy Old People home for demented senators.

McCain is still more bitter about losing to Obama than he ever was about being a POW for 5 years.

It was short lived. His overlord's got to him.

UPDATE: McCain walked back the comment slightly on Twitter:

To clarify, I was referring to Pres Obama’s national security decisions that have led to rise of #ISIL, not to the President himself

— John McCain (@SenJohnMcCain) June 16, 2016

Forum List

Back