Is miranda outdated It probably should be abolished

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
miranda is a living breathing document. It's time for a change. Should it be abolished

Miranda is not a living breathing document, it is a rule based on a Supreme Court decision. A reading of the Miranda rights is not always required and in many cases not done. For example, if you arrest someone and have no intention of questioning him, you don't need to read him his rights.

I think it is an appropriate protection measure. However I believe the way we designate terrorists as common criminals needs to be reconsidered. Public safety far outweighs the treatment a terrorist recieves.

It's like we're playing a game of checkers with these barbaric thugs and we're playing for fun while they're playing for life/death. Their rules allow them to do anything they want while we are still honoring traditional rules. We're setting ourselves up to lose no matter what.

Placing the designation of terrorist on someone MUST have and follow strict guidelines however.

I think it is an appropriate protection measure. However I believe the way we designate terrorists as common criminals needs to be reconsidered. Public safety far outweighs the treatment a terrorist recieves.

It's like we're playing a game of checkers with these barbaric thugs and we're playing for fun while they're playing for life/death. Their rules allow them to do anything they want while we are still honoring traditional rules. We're setting ourselves up to lose no matter what.

Placing the designation of terrorist on someone MUST have and follow strict guidelines however.

If you aren't read your rights, aren't you still guaranteed due process under the constitution?

If you aren't read your rights, aren't you still guaranteed due process under the constitution?

Of course. My position is that terrorists should be excluded from most of that. A terrorist by nature is commiting acts that would otherwise be deemed an act of war.

Forum List

Back