🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is racism worse now than in 2008?

No.

It seems worse because they're not hiding behind bedsheets. They have slithered out from under their rocks and actually seem proud of their ignorant hate.

There are some racist scum who will try to say that Obama has made racism worse but they're really just looking in a mirror.

It would be a time of "coming together." I was looking forward to it.

I was too but none of us could know that the Republicans were holding secret meetings during which they discussed the methods they would use to bring him and our country down.

I don't really think it's gotten worse, but I do think Obama, as the first black president, has been given a unique opportunity to bring people together, and he's failed miserably.

I don't really think it's gotten worse, but I do think Obama, as the first black president, has been given a unique opportunity to bring people together, and he's failed miserably.

I believe he had the opportunity, as you said to bring us all together, but inflamed both races by his actions in the Gates matter, Travon Martin shooting and the Ferguson shooting. He has acted in a very biased manner.

We should have known when we heard his mentor, the "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright's comments in the black church.

I believe he had the opportunity, as you said to bring us all together, but inflamed both races by his actions in the Gates matter, Travon Martin shooting and the Ferguson shooting. He has acted in a very biased manner.

We should have known when we heard his mentor, the "Reverend" Jeremiah Wright's comments in the black church.

If the first black president actually had the balls to speak the truth on this issue then that would be a very powerful thing. Unfortunately telling the truth is just not in this man's DNA.

I think it is. White racists are empowered with a black president in the White House.

My first thought was to disagree with you, but true racists would be find fault in anything he did, so they would feel empowered. I think you are right.

But when his poll numbers start to drop substantially and his base starts to dwindle, it's not racists that are coming down on him.

The Foley beheading and the quick jump from discussing that gory event, from talking about the family and hopping to the golf course was hard to take for citizens and, watch out, journalists. The "high five" on the links just was not cool. Where was his head? Many of the journalists knew Foley and some were identifying with him. They used to be liberals on Obama's side. Not now. Watch for them to be more objective.

Only racism in america is affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of whites. Obozo has increased AA a hundred-fold so yes, racism has gotten much worse since 2008.

No.

It seems worse because they're not hiding behind bedsheets. They have slithered out from under their rocks and actually seem proud of their ignorant hate.

There are some racist scum who will try to say that Obama has made racism worse but they're really just looking in a mirror.
Racism cuts all ways.
Don't you DARE come here and imply that non whites cannot be racist.
Do that and you get to be LIAR of the the decade.
You would be wise to stand down.

I was reticent, I was reluctant, I was steadfast AGAINST Obama's first election.

Yet, once elected, I had the spirit of Hope AND Change within me. PRAISE JEEZUS!

I was jaded.

He lied, he fucked up, and he will lie and fuck each and every one of us in the ass for the next two years.

Bank on it.

The single biggest mistake in the history of our Nation...

electing a semi-Negro to the White House.

The Chicago charlatan... the broad-shouldered bombast.

The long-winded Windy City kitty.

The Kenyan curmudgeon...

The embodiment of falsification.

When Obama was elected, I didn't think things were bad at all racially. But with his promise of healing, I thought, things would be healed completely. It would be a time of "coming together." I was looking forward to it.

But now it is much worse, I think. What do you think?

The appeal of Obama for many white people is that he is a good role model for the black community. Biden nailed it when he called Obama "an articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." He was the first black person of any stature to really meet those benchmarks. The way he did it was by not being raised anywhere near American black culture. Recall back the early days of his candidacy. The black community was still solidly in Hilary's camp. The criticism FROM the black community was that Obama wasn't one of them. He was raised apart. He didn't understand their struggles. That viewpoint soon gave way to racial solidarity but it was there.

Obama's failure is that he never did anything to make American blacks more like him. "Hey, African-Americans, don't be black, be like Barack." Too bad that slogan never turned into reality. It was unfair to put that goal onto Obama's shoulders. Leaders don't lead people where they don't want to go, leaders get in front of people who are already going somewhere.

Obama has good speechwriters but those words alone will never fix race relations. The problems with race in this country go very deep and they're unfixable.

The problems can be addressed but only with vast amounts of bribery and subsidy - wealth from White America has to be transferred to Black America in order to make up for lower levels of black economic productivity stemming from lower levels of black human capital. When there were 7 whites for every black person in the US this wealth subsidy was a burden that could be carried by whites. Now that we're at 1.6 whites for every minority, the burden is quite heavy. That burden is going to get heavier still in the coming decades as the white proportion of the population drops. When each white person has to subsidize one minority person, then people are either past or nearing the breaking point.

Each passing year this problem will grow in severity.

When Obama was elected, I didn't think things were bad at all racially. But with his promise of healing, I thought, things would be healed completely. It would be a time of "coming together." I was looking forward to it.

But now it is much worse, I think. What do you think?

The appeal of Obama for many white people is that he is a good role model for the black community. Biden nailed it when he called Obama "an articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." He was the first black person of any stature to really meet those benchmarks. The way he did it was by not being raised anywhere near American black culture. Recall back the early days of his candidacy. The black community was still solidly in Hilary's camp. The criticism FROM the black community was that Obama wasn't one of them. He was raised apart. He didn't understand their struggles. That viewpoint soon gave way to racial solidarity but it was there.

Obama's failure is that he never did anything to make American blacks more like him. "Hey, African-Americans, don't be black, be like Barack." Too bad that slogan never turned into reality. It was unfair to put that goal onto Obama's shoulders. Leaders don't lead people where they don't want to go, leaders get in front of people who are already going somewhere.

Obama has good speechwriters but those words alone will never fix race relations. The problems with race in this country go very deep and they're unfixable.

The problems can be addressed but only with vast amounts of bribery and subsidy - wealth from White America has to be transferred to Black America in order to make up for lower levels of black economic productivity stemming from lower levels of black human capital. When there were 7 whites for every black person in the US this wealth subsidy was a burden that could be carried by whites. Now that we're at 1.6 whites for every minority, the burden is quite heavy. That burden is going to get heavier still in the coming decades as the white proportion of the population drops. When each white person has to subsidize one minority person, then people are either past or nearing the breaking point.

Each passing year this problem will grow in severity.
I don't know whether to like or hate this post.

So I think I'll do both.

I think it is. White racists are empowered with a black president in the White House.
WHAT?!!!!
Hey genius...I do not believe there is any way to top that most preposterous statement.

He has a point. Obama is confirming stereotypes about blacks being crooked, incompetent, having high self esteem, being lazy. This plays directly into the hands of racists. If Obama was not all of these things, if he was a man of accomplishment, humble, conciliatory, non-Marxist, hard working, etc then he would be a man worth looking up to and that would be a direct refutation of the stereotypes. That would be hard for racists to swallow.

Forum List

Back