Is sex ed working? Risky gay sex increasing as well as HIV infections

To the liberals blaming the rise of HIV in gay men on conservatives and the lack of sex education, how does that explain the rise of barebacking and HIV in gay men in the UK, France, and Australia? Please see the links I have posted.

There is absolutely nothing that can be done to force anyone to use a condom. It's not merely an irresponsible person who refuses to use a condom. There are also irresponsible people who agree to have sex with a person that refuses to use a condom.

The difference between a heterosexual who gets an STD and the dramatic rise in HIV among gay men is that there is nothing about heterosexuals, culturally, that impels them to get an STD as a political or social statement. There is no comparable idea among heterosexuals that compares to Bug Chasing like there is among homosexuals.

PGN-The Philadelphia Gay News. Phila gay news. philly news - Bug chasers

To heterosexuals getting the clap is embarassing to say the least. Getting HIV to a gay man is empowering and imparts a sense of freedom they didn't have before they were positive.

Is sex ed helping? Obviously not.

What do you purpose to do to get people to use condoms more, Novasteve?

Oh so because you claim it's not enforceable, not worth trying?

Isn't that the argument libs make with gun control?

You can't really force people to wear seatbelts either. I can drive my car without putting it on, but I'll get in trouble if I get caught.

It's not enforceable. The Supreme Court has spoken. What people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is sacred. The police are not going to bust down boudoir doors to make sure the parties are appropriately covered with the same ease that they pull over your car.

Education is a non entity. Not one of those infected didn't know that condom use reduces the chances of getting AIDS. They all knew. They just made a decision not to use a condom and their partners were okay with that. The concept of condom use is negated by the concept of consensual sex.

You want to ban gay sex inside of public establishments and charge them more for health insurance?

Maybe that would help? Randy Shilts, a gay journalist, proposed banning gay bath houses as a way to reduce HIV infections. He was called a "gay uncle tom" as a result, and was spat on in public.

There is absolutely nothing that can be done to force anyone to use a condom. It's not merely an irresponsible person who refuses to use a condom. There are also irresponsible people who agree to have sex with a person that refuses to use a condom.

The difference between a heterosexual who gets an STD and the dramatic rise in HIV among gay men is that there is nothing about heterosexuals, culturally, that impels them to get an STD as a political or social statement. There is no comparable idea among heterosexuals that compares to Bug Chasing like there is among homosexuals.

PGN-The Philadelphia Gay News. Phila gay news. philly news - Bug chasers

To heterosexuals getting the clap is embarassing to say the least. Getting HIV to a gay man is empowering and imparts a sense of freedom they didn't have before they were positive.

Is sex ed helping? Obviously not.

There is something downright creepy in the homosexual personality. The self destructive tendency is similar to serial killers who enjoy the thrill of the hunt. It's truly amazing that the homosexual lobby fought hard against closing the notorious filthy bath houses during the peak of the AIDS epidemic.

You can't really force people to wear seatbelts either. I can drive my car without putting it on, but I'll get in trouble if I get caught.

It's not enforceable. The Supreme Court has spoken. What people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms is sacred. The police are not going to bust down boudoir doors to make sure the parties are appropriately covered with the same ease that they pull over your car.

Education is a non entity. Not one of those infected didn't know that condom use reduces the chances of getting AIDS. They all knew. They just made a decision not to use a condom and their partners were okay with that. The concept of condom use is negated by the concept of consensual sex.

Then money spent on HIV is wasted money, and only enables irresponsible behavior. There are other illnesses that are not ENTIRELY preventable that go neglected.

WHO | 10 facts on malaria

Half the world population is at risk for malaria, 655,000 deaths per year, and most of those are children under five. This should continue so that gays can be enabled to be irresponsible? How can one live with themselves knowing how much is spent on HIV and how other illnesses are neglected that aren't even easily prevented?

Sacred, so long as you don't smoke afterwards or use an incandescent bulb in that bedroom.

I'm 100% certain it's already illegal to have sex in public. As to insurance, gay men may be more likely to get HIV but there are a host of other stds that heterosexuals are more likely to get. Perhaps we should raise everyone's insurance cost except lesbians.

Interesting that the cost of AIDS treatment is an issue when a democrat is in the White House. A few years ago the sissies were throwing their purses and rioting in the streets demanding more federal dollars to combat the AIDS epidemic.

I'm 100% certain it's already illegal to have sex in public. As to insurance, gay men may be more likely to get HIV but there are a host of other stds that heterosexuals are more likely to get. Perhaps we should raise everyone's insurance cost except lesbians.

They have clubs and "saunas" where gay men have sex. Technically it's public like a bar is public. But in reality, it's private. But since it's open to the public, why treat them differently?

Recall, its perfectly legal for companies and governments to fire employees for being smokers, and to refuse to hire them for being smokers. They cite health costs as the justification.

What in the world are you babbling about? :confused:

You have identified a problem, aids is on the rise. I asked what your solution is.

Prosecute offenders- knowingly having unprotected sex when you are infected is equal to using a weapon without regard for life of another.

In other words allow society to treat offenders as criminals.

What in the world are you babbling about? :confused:

You have identified a problem, aids is on the rise. I asked what your solution is.

Prosecute offenders- knowingly having unprotected sex when you are infected is equal to using a weapon without regard for life of another.

In other words allow society to treat offenders as criminals.

That won't do much because if you don't know you have HIV, you can't be prosecuted, and you can't make a willful ignorance claim without going into the realm of extreme political correctness, by making it seem if you've had any anal sex, you could have HIV.

I doubt many deliberately try to infect others. The issue is those who don't know or don't care.

They have clubs and "saunas" where gay men have sex. Technically it's public like a bar is public. But in reality, it's private. But since it's open to the public, why treat them differently?

Recall, its perfectly legal for companies and governments to fire employees for being smokers, and to refuse to hire them for being smokers. They cite health costs as the justification.

So, companies should be able to deny employment based on sexual orientation? How are you ever going to find/keep a job?

Interesting that the cost of AIDS treatment is an issue when a democrat is in the White House. A few years ago the sissies were throwing their purses and rioting in the streets demanding more federal dollars to combat the AIDS epidemic.

So now you don't want budget cuts?

Don't get your abs in a twist josie. I am merely making a political observation.

Don't get your abs in a twist josie. I am merely making a political observation.

In other words, Jizzwall, you're a being a political hack. BUdget cuts are exactly what you want to see; so spare me your "point" about cuts to funding to the CDC.

So, companies should be able to deny employment based on sexual orientation? How are you ever going to find/keep a job?

Sexual practices. Perhaps they shoudl not hire promiscuous straights either? If they can do it to smokers, why not? They will start doing it to fat people soon. Do you deny HIV is a serious problem? Is insulting me going to save lives and costs?

Forum List

Back