Is sex ed working? Risky gay sex increasing as well as HIV infections

They have clubs and "saunas" where gay men have sex. Technically it's public like a bar is public. But in reality, it's private. But since it's open to the public, why treat them differently?

Recall, its perfectly legal for companies and governments to fire employees for being smokers, and to refuse to hire them for being smokers. They cite health costs as the justification.

So, companies should be able to deny employment based on sexual orientation? How are you ever going to find/keep a job?

Sexual practices. Perhaps they shoudl not hire promiscuous straights either? If they can do it to smokers, why not? They will start doing it to fat people soon. Do you deny HIV is a serious problem? Is insulting me going to save lives and costs?

Sexual practices; sexual orientation. What's the difference? Are you proposing companies require rectal exams as pre-employment screening? If your ass-gape is more than 4 cm, you're denied employment?

Again, how are you going to get/keep a job with those regulations?

So, companies should be able to deny employment based on sexual orientation? How are you ever going to find/keep a job?

Sexual practices. Perhaps they shoudl not hire promiscuous straights either? If they can do it to smokers, why not? They will start doing it to fat people soon. Do you deny HIV is a serious problem? Is insulting me going to save lives and costs?

Sexual practices; sexual orientation. What's the difference? Are you proposing companies require rectal exams as pre-employment screening? If your ass-gape is more than 4 cm, you're denied employment?

So I assume you think nothing should be done, and things allowed to progress as they are? What will having a large percentage of the gay male population being HIV positive do for the benefit of mankind?

Is you ignoring the issue and insulting those who point it out, going to accomplish anything? I bet assholes like you would have spat on Mr. Shilts.

So I assume you think nothing should be done, and things allowed to progress as they are? What will having a large percentage of the gay male population being HIV positive do for the benefit of mankind?

Right. So you want Big Brother examining bedroom behavior for employment screening. The Thought Police would be proud of you.

Is you ignoring the issue and insulting those who point it out, going to accomplish anything? I bet assholes like you would have spat on Mr. Shilts.

I bet you know a thing or two about assholes being spat upon (from a bottom's viewpoint I mean) :lol:

Right. So you want Big Brother examining bedroom behavior for employment screening. The Thought Police would be proud of you.

I bet you know a thing or two about assholes being spat upon (from a bottom's viewpoint I mean) :lol:

So you think Shilts was an asshole?

TOo bad libs like you tell people what they can do in their own homes all the time.

So now you don't want budget cuts?

Don't get your abs in a twist josie. I am merely making a political observation.

In other words, Jizzwall, you're a being a political hack. BUdget cuts are exactly what you want to see; so spare me your "point" about cuts to funding to the CDC.

Yeah of course I want to see budget cuts. I'm making a point that the left seems to be concerned about the cost of AIDS treatment now that the 3,000 page health care law that nobody read is about to click in.

No, nothing can be done legislatively unless you want to completely trample the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

No, nothing can be done legislatively unless you want to completely trample the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

oh but it's okay to persecute smokers and fatties?

What in the world are you babbling about? :confused:

You have identified a problem, aids is on the rise. I asked what your solution is.

Prosecute offenders- knowingly having unprotected sex when you are infected is equal to using a weapon without regard for life of another.

In other words allow society to treat offenders as criminals.

We do that already.

Will any lib suggest a way to reduce this deadly plague or do you think sticking your head in the sand will solve it?

I remember when Nancy Reagan announced the "War on Drugs" - which rapidly evolved into an expensive Federal Bureaucracy over all the states. The most interesting component was the part about Saving our nation's children. The Reagan administration, from a very centralized place, erected a one-size-fits-all solution, and then they proceeded with a media-forward strategy of carpet bombing all television markets with "You can't fly when you're high". This new Federal concern for the body politic expanded into a moral war against sin. This is when Reagan partnered with Pat Robertson and the moral majority to Protect American Families from the liberal permissiveness and alternative lifestyles unleashed in the sixties. This lead to another bloated Federal Bureaucracy that sought to control the content of Hollywood, making sure no curse-words or naked images reached the pure and innocent souls of our children. (I'm sure you're all familiar with the famous ban on "7 Dirty Words" which has survived in no small part because of the tremendous pressure exerted by Conservative coalitions loosely claiming to be doing "Family Support". For a good treatment of the Centralized Moral Control that Conservatives exert from Washington read the Decency Wars )

This Federal concern for Drugs and Sin was actually quite brilliant because it altered the regulatory role of the government from Boardroom to Bedroom. Reagan got us to worry more about what drugs and non-reproductive sex were doing to our families than what Arthur Anderson was doing with Enron's taxes. They defanged the SEC and EPA, making it possible for GE to poison families by dumping PCBs in the Hudson while they redoubled efforts to save the souls of those same families by protecting them from the word "Shit". Those families may have died of cancer, but at least Washington saved their souls. (Brilliant)

By the time we got to Bush 43, the regulatory apparatus of Drugs, Sin and Evil-Doers was fully institutionalized - and supported by talk radio, which trained the stupid to worry more about Janet Jackson's breast than Wall Street criminality. Of course, the war on terrorism fit perfectly into the rhetoric of evil. Taken as a whole, this growing apparatus was brilliantly Stalinist - preaching never-ending fear of vague shadowy domestic and foreign "evil doers" who sought to destroy the American Way of Life: indeed, whether it be drug dealers from the ghetto, illegals from Mexico, liberal elite atheist baby killers from Hollywood, or Muslims from abroad, the American Family was under siege - and, but [wait for it] guess who is at the door offering help? Washington! It was Rightwing Big Government at its most evolved. They got American Families to worry about gay gym teachers and Islamo-fascists while, in the back of the house, their Big Money Donors were making trillions from an unregulated derivatives market.

Reagan got us to think about drugs and a crumbing Soviet Empire when the real nuclear bomb was the Energy Crisis (which involved breaking the energy monopoly of his big oil donors). The upshot of this strategic distraction is that today our economy is being destroyed by the $4 gallon. Bush got us to worry about "evil doers" when the real nuclear bomb was the housing bubble. He was begged to pressure Greenspan to raise interest rates in order to slow the money flowing into the bubble, but he was too busy distracting middle class home owners with visions of evil. (The upshot is that American home owners, by borrowing against their inflated home values, kept the Bush economy afloat on a sea of bad credit. This was predictable. When we started to ship jobs overseas (to give American corporations the benefits of ultra-cheap labor), we replaced wage-based consumption with American Express, Visa and Master Card. This cycle of debt-based consumption got so bad that American families, struggling to keep pace in the face of disappearing jobs, wages, benefits and entitlements, leveraged the last thing left that had any value, their homes)

Make no mistake though, the Conservative Movement LOVES centralized control when it involves their issues. The Department of Homeland security is the most expensive and powerful bureaucracy ever created. It gives Washington total centralized control over state law enforcement. Can you imagine the Tea Party ever protesting it? Do you think they know anything about its size, budget, waste, and anti-constitutional powers of surveillance? Of course not.

They love centralized control, and they love distracting the nation with tales of evil while their corporate donors loot the nation.

Last edited:
That's nice but had nothing to do with gays killing themselves because they can't be bothered to be responsible.

Sure, we need to go back to what we were doing in the early 90's. We need to spend time and money blasting PSA's, talking to teens about safe sex and aids, handing out condoms, and getting the information out there.

There are still people (lots of people) who think you can't get aids if you aren't gay. And lots of people who don't view anal sex as "real sex".

Sure, we need to go back to what we were doing in the early 90's. We need to spend time and money blasting PSA's, talking to teens about safe sex and aids, handing out condoms, and getting the information out there.

There are still people (lots of people) who think you can't get aids if you aren't gay. And lots of people who don't view anal sex as "real sex".

Do you think the sexual permissiveness in society has contribute to or taken away from the HIV infections in society?

Do you think the sexual permissiveness in society has contribute to or taken away from the HIV infections in society?

I think your lack of sex has lead to this flawed thread. Go get laid.

I think your lack of sex has lead to this flawed thread. Go get laid.

are your insults going to save any lives?

Nope.

People were still having premarital sex when society viewed it as shameful and in very similar numbers to what we have today. What contributes to all stds, including aids is bad information, pleasure over safety, and the notion that wearing a condom makes it more "real", which is something many in the closet gay men feel.

how much more money needs to be wasted on research and treating an ENTIRELY 100% preventable illness while children die of malaria all over the world?

What in the world are you babbling about? :confused:

You have identified a problem, aids is on the rise. I asked what your solution is.

Prosecute offenders- knowingly having unprotected sex when you are infected is equal to using a weapon without regard for life of another.

In other words allow society to treat offenders as criminals.

We do that already.

Rarely... legislate it specifically and go after it aggressively.

Forum List

Back