🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Social Security welfare?

Is Social Security welfare?

• Hell no. I paid for it and the money was saved in treasury bills for me

• No. Granted nothing was actually saved, but our kids will pay for us then be repaid by their kids

• Yes. But I still want it

• Yes. End it. I don't want to do to my kids what my parents are doing to me, sending me their bills

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
Kazmania
What is Social Security? Is it a savings plan with a trust fund? A money grubbing welfare program? What do you say?

Please explain in a post and state your political views, left, right, libertarian, whatever

I say its one of the best things this nation has ever done for the nation. Without it tens of millions of people who worked hard are not able to make it due to low wages.

I say its one of the best things this nation has ever done for the nation. Without it tens of millions of people who worked hard are not able to make it due to low wages.

Welfare, because I love America! Wow, but at least you're honest

No, people pay into the SS trust fund, welfare is free money paid by the tax payers that only a small (well medium, portion under far left rule) can apply for and get.

You still have to apply for SS, but if you meet the requirements most likely you will get it.

No, people pay into the SS trust fund, welfare is free money paid by the tax payers that only a small (well medium, portion under far left rule) can apply for and get.

You still have to apply for SS, but if you meet the requirements most likely you will get it.

The money is spent as it comes in. How do you pay someone from a trust fund with no money in it? All the Feds did is write down what they spent

The money is spent as it comes in. How do you pay someone from a trust fund with no money in it? All the Feds did is write down what they spent

Because the far left voted to raid the SS trust!

Today, the federal government automatically puts all of the money that should be set aside for the Social Security Trust Fund into the General Fund. Raiding the Social Security Trust Fund was a precedent set in 1968 by president, Lyndon B. Johnson, to help pay for the Vietnam War. To date, the federal government has borrowed over $2 trillion from the Social Security Trust Fund to spend on other programs

If they end it, I want a refund of the last 30 years of paying into it. If you dont pay into it you should not receive it.

If they end it, I want a refund of the last 30 years of paying into it. If you dont pay into it you should not receive it.

So if I don't want to pay you welfare for money you didn't save, you want me to pay to give you the money you didn't save back ...

Good luck with that

In it's strictest sense SS is a welfare program in that it is concerned with the welfare of the elderly, it is also the most kindly thing we ever did for our elders.

Today, the federal government automatically puts all of the money that should be set aside for the Social Security Trust Fund into the General Fund. Raiding the Social Security Trust Fund was a precedent set in 1968 by president, Lyndon B. Johnson, to help pay for the Vietnam War. To date, the federal government has borrowed over $2 trillion from the Social Security Trust Fund to spend on other programs

OK, but the left steal from us every day. How does that make taxes you paid that were not saved a trust fund? It's welfare, Holmes, you're getting a check funded by your children just like any other welfare recipient

Our pay was confiscated (12%) every payday for 50 years. A promise was made (contract?) to trickle monthly payments back to us at age 67 or 62.

Maybe look into stopping the payments to those who never paid in or the disability scam?

I would like to know how American citizen with little work history is compensated at age 62?

So if I don't want to pay you welfare for money you didn't save, you want me to pay to give you the money you didn't save back ...

Good luck with that
not what I said. I have a Military retirement and my own retirement, but I paid into SS for over 30 years..its my money, and I want it back..so I will take my SS checks when the time comes and fuck you and anyone else that did not contribute to it.

Social security is a big reason to love america. Working until you are 80 is bad in every way.

OK, but the left steal from us every day. How does that make taxes you paid that were not saved a trust fund? It's welfare, Holmes, you're getting a check funded by your children just like any other welfare recipient

Taxes are disturbed differently as you pay specifically into the SS fund for your retirement! Also you pay for Medicare out of your check as it is another specific payment, which Obama robbed to pay for Obamacare!

It is a huge difference and you need to learn that!

You pay FICA taxes for your entire working life. Just because the government steals it and spends every dime it doesn't mean you aren't entitled to it when you come of age. Social Security is also awarded to persons who are disabled and that might be a form of welfare if they never paid into the fund.

Taxes are disturbed differently as you pay specifically into the SS fund for your retirement! Also you pay for Medicare out of your check as it is another specific payment, which Obama robbed to pay for Obamacare!

Federal taxes - paid into the general fund
Social security taxes - paid into the general fund

Government spending - paid out of the general fund
Social Security payments - paid out of the general fund
Welfare payments - paid out of the general fund

I need to learn what again, Holmes? You seem to be the one with catching up to do

They will never end it. They know what it would lead to. Not a pretty sight. The hardest working most productive people on earth don't do that to each other. American workers are the hardest working least complaining workers in the world by far.

You pay FICA taxes for your entire working life. Just because the government steals it and spends every dime it doesn't mean you aren't entitled to it when you come of age. Social Security is also awarded to persons who are disabled and that might be a form of welfare if they never paid into the fund.

Government takes the money from your children. You voted in the people who stole your money, not them.

Explain why your children owe you the money you weren't responsible enough to actually save

Federal taxes - paid into the general fund
Social security taxes - paid into the general fund

Government spending - paid out of the general fund
Social Security payments - paid out of the general fund
Welfare payments - paid out of the general fund

I need to learn what again, Holmes? You seem to be the one with catching up to do

Wrong again!

The Social Security Administration collects payroll taxes and uses the money collected to pay Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance benefits by way of trust funds. When the program runs a surplus, the excess funds increase the value of the Trust Fund. At the end of 2014, the Trust Fund contained (or alternatively, was owed) $2.79 trillion, up $25 billion from 2013.

Forum List

Back