Is the Fed going to decimate the gig industry?

The feds want to claw every dime away from hard working folks that they can find...and they believe gig employment makes it easier to hide income....next they will do away with cash...so do not tell me dems are for the little guy...that narrative has been disproven over and over again...

As usual, many leftists want to crush free-market economics and micromanage every facet of society. But, yea, YOU'RE the fascist!

In NYC Uber and it's ilk gave you a choice of a well kept, clean and well driven vehicle vs. usually old broken down livery call services or trying to find a yellow/green cab.

The medallion cabs gave crappy service and whined when asked to drive to the outer boroughs for decades and now because people can get better they whine to Democrats who try to protect them, of course for donations to their election campaigns.

• Banned
Leftists demand that citizens receive government permission to be productive.

The feds want to claw every dime away from hard working folks that they can find...and they believe gig employment makes it easier to hide income....next they will do away with cash...so do not tell me dems are for the little guy...that narrative has been disproven over and over again...

This is absolute bullshit. You know who "benefits from the gig industry"? It's not the drivers, or the workers, it's Uber, Skip the Dishes, Shopify, Etsy - all of the "gig employers". Their founders are retiring as multi-millionaires, and the same can't be said of the drivers, the crafters, or the delivery people. Yes, Etsy helps me pay for my hobby, and gives me a nice tax write-off at the end of the year, but it's not something I could do for an actual living. But Etsy shares are selling for $73 on NASDAQ.

My daughter was working for some food delivery service, on call for 4 hours a night and coming home with $30 in her pocket. After gas, insurance and mileage costs, she wasn't making much.

So who's making the real money here?

Forum List

Back