Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

Seems to me a US default might have some postitve effects too. A lower valued US dollar would make your goods more affordable overseas and could stimulate job growth too. Could it be the Republicans sill solve the jobs crisis?

Last edited:
Why would anyone listen to someone who makes such an ignorant, general statement?
They don't.

And Simpleholic is bitter that nobody listens to him. :lol:
Obviously, you just did!

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Who would do that, and how?

Wouldn't that be the job of the Speaker of the House, to pass a jobs bill? President Obama cannot pass any bills, just sign or not sign them.

So tell me how you want the President to create jobs.

He could start by being the leader he has the capabilities of being instead of cowing to the lobbyists who hold the congressional leash.

He could rally the unemployed and those who care to march on DC and DEMAND a fair and simple tax code.

He could remember that we elected him to 'change the way business is conducted in Washington' and rally the people to march on DC to form a human shield between congress and K Street, forcing congress to decide for themselves instead of letting the lobbyists write the legislation.

Rally, march, and demand. OK, thanks for that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Now, any ideas on how the President - THROUGH THE POWERS OF HIS OFFICE - can create jobs?

He could stop spending $12 million per day blowing shit up overseas and bring our troops home.
And that CREATES JOBS . . . how?

He could grow a set. He is such a huge disappointment.
Well, I'll agree with you there. But only in the political sense. He refuses to take advantage of political gimmies. Example:

The economy was growing at a steady rate until January, and it's been stagnant or sliding ever since. Now, a lot of factors have gone into that, including the Japanese tsunami, which hurt supply chains, higher energy costs, the threat of a government shutdown, and the current nonsense about the debt limit.

But it ALSO coincides with the GOP takeover in the House, where they took charge in January.

Do you see Obama out there blaming the Boehner do-nothing House for the decline since January? No. Even though it's the politically smart thing to do. They could be hammering home every single day that the House has not had one jobs bill. They could be asking daily "Where are the jobs, Mr. Speaker", since Boehner ran saying Republicans were the answer to the jobs crisis.

So I ask: why don't they?

Simple. Democrat or Republican, they both answer to the same special interests, none of which is willing to give up one iota of their current cash flow. Classic status quo politics.

P.S. If employment is the question, simple and fair taxes, along with a return to PAYGO for spending is the answer.

No, it isn't. The citizens are the nation. The government works for us, not the other way around.

You idiot statists just can't understand that.

We, The People.

Government is simply a tool. It's high time we learned how to use it instead of allowing it use us.

Fair taxes, appropriate regulation, strict PAYGO for spending.
The 3 people who thanked you for your post do not believe in 'fair taxes'.

Neither did I the first time I voted for GWB. Nobody has a destiny carved in stone, allow for growth, Grasshopper. Allow for growth.

He could start by being the leader he has the capabilities of being instead of cowing to the lobbyists who hold the congressional leash.

He could rally the unemployed and those who care to march on DC and DEMAND a fair and simple tax code.

He could remember that we elected him to 'change the way business is conducted in Washington' and rally the people to march on DC to form a human shield between congress and K Street, forcing congress to decide for themselves instead of letting the lobbyists write the legislation.

Rally, march, and demand. OK, thanks for that.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Now, any ideas on how the President - THROUGH THE POWERS OF HIS OFFICE - can create jobs?

And that CREATES JOBS . . . how?

He could grow a set. He is such a huge disappointment.
Well, I'll agree with you there. But only in the political sense. He refuses to take advantage of political gimmies. Example:

The economy was growing at a steady rate until January, and it's been stagnant or sliding ever since. Now, a lot of factors have gone into that, including the Japanese tsunami, which hurt supply chains, higher energy costs, the threat of a government shutdown, and the current nonsense about the debt limit.

But it ALSO coincides with the GOP takeover in the House, where they took charge in January.

Do you see Obama out there blaming the Boehner do-nothing House for the decline since January? No. Even though it's the politically smart thing to do. They could be hammering home every single day that the House has not had one jobs bill. They could be asking daily "Where are the jobs, Mr. Speaker", since Boehner ran saying Republicans were the answer to the jobs crisis.

So I ask: why don't they?

Simple. Democrat or Republican, they both answer to the same special interests, none of which is willing to give up one iota of their current cash flow. Classic status quo politics.

P.S. If employment is the question, simple and fair taxes, along with a return to PAYGO for spending is the answer.

No, the question was:

Oh yes the new left response to Papa Obama's failed policy for unemployment going up to 9.2%

- the president can not really create jobs, but
- they want you to know that unemployment started to go up under Bush

This is part of the

"Never Never Blame Obama Land" of liberal self delusion

obama.unicorn.jpg

Last edited:
No, like all leftists, he pretends things he doesn't like don't exist. It's magical thinking, and it shows a disconnect from reality.

Why would anyone listen to someone who makes such an ignorant, general statement?

On point perfectly. His use of superlatives, "all Democrats", "all liberals"; perjoratives and profane name calling put him in the 'class' of no class. He actually believes the propaganda from the right as immutable truths and repeats same with the understanding of a parrot. I simply ignore, as in don't read, as soon as he posts.
Tissue?

Seems like nearly the entire idiot fringe has given up defending the GOP's self serving efforts to keep unemployment high and more families in desperate situations.

The first phrase out of the Senators mouth is a LIE.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVLWpllOcL4]YouTube - ‪DeMint on TODAY Show: President's Promises Don't Match His Policies‬‏[/ame]

And more evidence that the Republican Party is all about party and not country. Listen to his rhetoric, his hyperbole and his dishonesty. It is all about politics.

Seems like nearly the entire idiot fringe has given up defending the GOP's self serving efforts to keep unemployment high and more families in desperate situations.

The Democrats don't need any help keeping unemployment high and more families in desperate situations.

Because that's the goal. More and more people dependent on the government.

Rarely do I comment on stupdiity but in the case of this comment I must:

The Democrats don't need any help keeping unemployment high and more families in desperate situations. Because that's the goal. More and more people dependent on the government."

There is plenty of room to debate policy among honorable people with reasnable opinions. The quote above is not one assoicated with an honorable person or a reasonable person.

Obama's press conference today was both honorable and reasonable, unlike Senator DeMint's wholly political, non negoitionable, and unreasonable demands made on national TV today.

Rarely do I comment on stupdiity but in the case of this comment I must:

The Democrats don't need any help keeping unemployment high and more families in desperate situations. Because that's the goal. More and more people dependent on the government."

There is plenty of room to debate policy among honorable people with reasnable opinions. The quote above is not one assoicated with an honorable person or a reasonable person.

Obama's press conference today was both honorable and reasonable, unlike Senator DeMint's wholly political, non negoitionable, and unreasonable demands made on national TV today.
Mindless and slavish obeisance to Obama is not honorable and reasonable. Stop pretending it is.

The last time Obama was in a hurry it cost us hundreds of billion that we'll never get back on "Not so shovel ready (laughs)" projects

Forum List

Back