Is the GOP intentionally preventing a recovery?

How is it that the President has no sway over his own party? Why the surprise over Republicans not falling in line, when he can't even bring in his own? Clearly the President is out of touch with the American Public.

I disagree. Obama represents non partisan American's who want pragmatic solutons to our economic woes, not ideolgoical ones.

Obama not an ideologue?

Wow. Just...wow. :eek:

Try to keep up Wry. Obama went partisan on the debt ceiling in less than twenty-four hours.

Try to keep up Wry. Obama went partisan on the debt ceiling in less than twenty-four hours.

I keep in step.

Raising the debt ceiling has never been a partisan issue until now. It is one more example of the hypocrisy of the right and the willingness of the current crop of leaders in the GOP to put aveage Americans at risk for partisan gain.

If Boehner stands up and works with the president to solve this made up crisis, Cantor will make a play for and likely get the Speakers job; If Boehner fails to prevent a default and a real crisis develops he'll take the fall, and its likely Cantor wins the Speaker's job. Cantor has outplayed the Speaker at every turn and stands to win no matter what the outcome.

I keep in step.

Raising the debt ceiling has never been a partisan issue until now. It is one more example of the hypocrisy of the right and the willingness of the current crop of leaders in the GOP to put aveage Americans at risk for partisan gain.

If Boehner stands up and works with the president to solve this made up crisis, Cantor will make a play for and likely get the Speakers job; If Boehner fails to prevent a default and a real crisis develops he'll take the fall, and its likely Cantor wins the Speaker's job. Cantor has outplayed the Speaker at every turn and stands to win no matter what the outcome.

When even the people in the Republican leadership are working at cross purposes, how in God's name can anyone expect Republicans to work with Democrats to solve real problems?

I keep in step.

When even the people in the Republican leadership are working at cross purposes, how in God's name can anyone expect Republicans to work with Democrats to solve real problems?

I think the expectation that Republicans will work to solve problems is a fantasy, one President Obama must disabuse himself from if any problems are to be solved. The radical right which now controls the House of Representatives represents not the people of their district, but a radical ideology which if played out to a successful conclusion will seriously harm the aged, infirm, unemployed and children in their district.

I keep in step.

The debt has never been 14 trillion dollars before, with Democrats wanting to put us in the hole even deeper with the sole purpose of attempting to retain political power.

The grown-ups are saying no, and you petulant children are throwing a tantrum.

You have to be very naive to think the Republicans in Congress, especially the leadership, are not capable of willfully attempting to sabotage or at least hinder the economy recovery for the sake of political gain.

Indeed. You'd also have to be very naive to think the Democrats aren't capable of wrecking the economy for political gain.

When your goal is more and more people dependent on government, a strong, healthy economy will not advance that.

Yes, of course INCUMBENT PRESIDENT Obama is going to wreck the economy to help himself get re-elected.

Where DO you people get these ideas?

I keep in step.

The debt has never been 14 trillion dollars before, with Democrats wanting to put us in the hole even deeper with the sole purpose of attempting to retain political power.

What was the magic debt number that justified the Republicans turning the debt ceiling into a political football?

14 trillion? 12? 10?

Tell us what the number was.

You have to be very naive to think the Republicans in Congress, especially the leadership, are not capable of willfully attempting to sabotage or at least hinder the economy recovery for the sake of political gain.

Indeed. You'd also have to be very naive to think the Democrats aren't capable of wrecking the economy for political gain.

When your goal is more and more people dependent on government, a strong, healthy economy will not advance that.

Yes, of course INCUMBENT PRESIDENT Obama is going to wreck the economy to help himself get re-elected.

Fatso Tub-A-Lard Lush Rimbaugh....that's where.

I think for myself. You ought to try it sometime.

In case you haven't noticed, the economy IS wrecked. It's not improving, no matter what Obama tells you to believe.

And progressives want as many people as possible dependent on government. That's undeniable.

I keep in step.

What was the magic debt number that justified the Republicans turning the debt ceiling into a political football?

14 trillion? 12? 10?

Tell us what the number was.
In other words, the GOP should just STFU and do what they're told.

We have one Democratic Party. We don't need two.

Fatso Tub-A-Lard Lush Rimbaugh....that's where.
:lol: I bet you listen to him more than I do.

It is a fact that higher ups in the republican party said their number one priority is to make Obama a one term president.

In other words, they will do anything they can to get him out. Fuck the people.

I can see where a lower dollar from all of this can create US jobs and help us quite a bot. It all depends how high interest rates go.

Forum List

Back