Is the knowledge of good and evil, good or evil?

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL

Neither good nor evil exists outside of the mind of man
Good exists. Evil doesn’t.

Do hot and cold exist outside the mind of man?

What about light and darkness?

There is no physical quantification of good or evil.

When there is a thermometer that can measure the evil in the air let me know.
Does cold exist? Does darkness exist?

Yes and they can be quantified

When you can measure "evil" let me know.

WHat would one unit of evil be called do you think?

Maybe we should call it a Satan or a Lucifer.

So tell me how many Lucifers must be present in the air for a murder to be committed?
So cold does not exist. Only heat exists. Darkness does not exist. Only light exists.'

Cold is the absence of heat and darkness is the absence of light.

Evil doesn't exist either. Evil is the absence of good.

Unfairness doesn't exist. Unfairness is the absence of fairness.

G-d said evil exists,
you weren't consulted.

Creation is not bound by the limits of dulaistic human logic.

The epitome of human corruption - when man willfully denies his evil potential.
Everything God created is good.

And yet G-d calls man's heart evil.

Who are you to argue?

If man's heart is evil and god supposedly created man what does that make god?
That would be the logical conclusion of his beliefs.

For you, me, and Adam to answer this question; we need the knowledge of good and evil.

Adam may have needed what he was denied by Yahweh to know if the tree of the knowledge of all things, is good or evil to eat from. As scriptures say, he was mentally and morally blind without it.

You and I cannot see any better than Adam could when our mental eyes are blind on issues and without knowledge of them.

It seems that Yahweh put Adam in a catch 22. Damned to being mentally blind and as bright as a brick and unable to reproduce or condemned to death if he educated himself.

Regards
DL

So tell me how many Lucifers must be present in the air for a murder to be committed?
So cold does not exist. Only heat exists. Darkness does not exist. Only light exists.'

G-d said evil exists,
you weren't consulted.

So the serial killer is "good"?

The rapist, the thief the pederast are all "good"

Sometimes, bad people do good things, and good people do bad things.

Yes, but they never say I do bad things for the sake of evil.

Regards
DL

G-d said evil exists,
you weren't consulted.

And yet G-d calls man's heart evil.

Who are you to argue?

If man's heart is evil and god supposedly created man what does that make god?

The Creator.

Heart is not his only character trait, man has soul, and body.
All these parts have their nature, and integrity within human experience - which through interaction within the personality throughout the life, allow man his freedom of choice.

Last edited:
Man does not do evil for evil's sake.

FACT

People do what they do because they want to and they get some sort of pleasure and satisfaction from it.

That is the way it always has been and the way it always will be.
You just said the same thing I said.

They do it for their own good. No one does evil for the sake of evil. Evil does not exist. Only good exists. Evil is the absence of good.
And as such evil does not exist anywhere but in the minds of men if it exists there at all

Men cause suffering,
it's not merely a mind construct, it's real and physical.
Yes, but they don't do it for the sake of evil. They do it for their own selfish good.

FACT

People do what they do because they want to and they get some sort of pleasure and satisfaction from it.

They do it for their own good. No one does evil for the sake of evil. Evil does not exist. Only good exists. Evil is the absence of good.
And as such evil does not exist anywhere but in the minds of men if it exists there at all

Men cause suffering,
Yes, but they don't do it for the sake of evil. They do it for their own selfish good.

Says who?
Wanna read some poems by Karl Marx?

Basically you've bought into post-modernist delusion of relativism,
where subjective narrative is more important than facts or outcome.

I. e. a serial killer is "good", as long as he perceives his motives as such.
You essentially preach the epitome of human corruption and evil - as a virtue.

Can't be more evil than that.

FACT

Men cause suffering,

Says who?

Evil isn't extant. It doesn't exist. What you call evil is in reality absence of good.

Unless of course you believe God created evil.

Do you believe God created evil?

FACT

Men cause suffering,

Says who?

^where subjective narrative is more important than facts or outcome.

:thup:

The need to account for the existence of evil in the world became even more acute with the manifestation of dualistic movements. Saadiah Gaon strongly rejects these dualist doctrines and affirms God's unity. Steeped as he was in the *Kalām tradition, he states that God conducts the world with infinite justice and wisdom. God, according to Saadiah, would not have created evil because evil does not have a separate existence sui generis but is nothing more than the absence of good. The sufferings of the righteous are either a requital for the few sins which they have committed, or they serve as an instrument of chastisement or trial, for which reward will be given in the afterlife. Saadiah thus upholds the doctrine of "afflictions of love."

*Maimonides also views evil as a nonexistence, namely the absence of good, which could not have been produced by God. He distinguishes between three different kinds of evil. The first category is that of natural evils which befall man, such as landslides, earthquakes, and floods, or his having been born with certain deformities. The cause of this type of evil is the fact that man has a body which is subject to corruption and destruction. This is in accordance with natural law and is necessary for the continuance and permanence of the species. The second kind of evil is within the social realm, such as wars. This type of evil, Maimonides says, occurs infrequently and, of course, being wholly within the control of man, could not have been caused by God. Though difficult, its remedy is within the hands of man. The third class of evil, the largest and most frequent class, is the evil which the individual brings upon himself through his vices and excessive desires. Again the remedy is within man's power. Maimonides rejects the notion of "afflictions of love," holding instead that even the minutest pain is a punishment for some previous transgression. He explains that the tests mentioned in the Bible, such as God's request to Abraham to offer up his son, have a didactic purpose, to teach the truth of God's commandments and how far one must go in obeying them.

The problem of evil played an important role in the philosophy of Martin *Buber . For Buber the source of evil was the failure to enter into relation, and conversely evil can be redeemed by the reestablishment of relations. "Good and evil, then, cannot be a pair of opposites like right and left or above and beneath, 'good' is the movement in the direction of home, 'evil' is the aimless whirl of human potentialities without which nothing can be achieved and by which, if they take no direction but remain trapped in themselves, everything goes awry" (Between Man and Man (19664), 103). Man is not evil by nature, but his misuse of his nature generates evil. Some men can carry evil so far as to give it a kind of independent quality. However, evil is never an independent entity but such men crystallize it into a perverse resistance to the individual's self-fulfillment in relation. After World War II Buber did question the possibility of addressing God as "kind and merciful" in the light of what had happened to the Jews in Europe, but he nevertheless maintained the possibility of man redeeming evil. He denied the gnostic dualistic approach and maintained that man had it in his power to sanctify the world.

Man's inclination is for good not evil.

G-d says otherwise.

Write a letter to your congressman.
Did God create evil?

Yes, and gave humanity the freedom to choose.
How many times will you be asking the same question?
So does God contain evil? Where did God get this evil from to create evil?

What do you mean, where did he get it from?
Everything God created is good because God is good. The goodness proceeds from God. How was God able to create evil if his nature does not contain evil?

G-d says otherwise.

Did God create evil?

A god that can be contained by your little brain,

is not my G-d nor the Creator.

Don't confuse.

Last edited:

G-d says otherwise.

Did God create evil?

What do you mean, where did he get it from?
Everything God created is good because God is good. The goodness proceeds from God. How was God able to create evil if his nature does not contain evil?

By wanting good.

G-d wanted humanity to choose good,
and so "blip", an opposite dimension became reality.

Don't belittle G-d by projecting your human limitations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back