Is there a god?

How did God come to be? If God has always been, without a beginning, then why don't you allow us to say the same about matter?

Many of us do allow for the possibility that both God (Spirit) and matter has always been, without a beginning. After all, we "matter" ;)

However, this does pose another question. IF one or the other came first, which do you surmise would be the first, and why? (What is the logic for proposing either?)

I think you are confusing man's interpretation of religious doctrine, with God's intent, expressed through said doctrine. Man is, by our very nature, imperfect, and therefore, do things that are against God's will. This fact does not, in any way, change God's will, or His plan/intent. God gave man the gift of reason so that each individual may CHOOSE their own path. That we may question the very existence of a god. What we do with that gift/ability is up to us, and our actions (regardless of their origins) are on us, as individuals.
Seriously brah, if there was a god, do you actually think that it would need to express its will through A FUCKING BOOK??? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Are you being serious, or just facetious? HOW ELSE WOULD IT EXPRESS ITSELF? Furthermore, it was not God who expressed himself through a book. God expressed himself through men, and commanded men to write an account of said expression. Therefore, the Bible, Koran, Torah, and all other religious documents are, at most, man's interpretation of God's will. Are you really so uneducated as to not understand that?
Is god so lame that he can't express himself directly to me, and that I can only get in touch with him through a 2000 year old book of non-stop nonsense not in evidence written by people who were so primitive that they hadn't even been able to invent toilet paper at that time? Do you understand THAT?
Are you waiting for a personal invitation before you stop being a militant atheist?
If I'm a militant atheists as you claim, then why would I be waiting for an invitation from a god? I'd have to be agnostic for wanting that. Please try again, and this time, try to make sense.
Because you're lying.

You are here to please yourself.

It's the same reason you make racist posts too.

They’re just going to spout a bunch of bible stuff without any serious proof. I have yet to find anyone who has actually found god, they might say they have, but when questioned, it’s obvious that they haven’t found shit.
they think they've found him--in their minds only
I have chosen the better portion. I hope you find half as much happiness in life as I have.
If it makes you feel better, than believer in the Spaghetti Monster if you want. Where I have a problem is when religion is the reason for so much killing in the world, or when parents want Creation taught in science class, which is fucking with kids' minds, or when idiots say that they have a god given right to a gun... then I have a big problem with religion.
I think you are confusing man's interpretation of religious doctrine, with God's intent, expressed through said doctrine. Man is, by our very nature, imperfect, and therefore, do things that are against God's will. This fact does not, in any way, change God's will, or His plan/intent. God gave man the gift of reason so that each individual may CHOOSE their own path. That we may question the very existence of a god. What we do with that gift/ability is up to us, and our actions (regardless of their origins) are on us, as individuals.
Worms Trying to Wriggle off the Hook

The same kind of predatory rationalization is used by Constitutionazis. They preach that their political Bible is almost divinely superior to the opinion of the majority. That's what allows them to exonerate the Constitution by saying that any harmful outcomes from that supremacy document are "misinterpretations" of it by the masses, whom they have a desperate need to feel superior to.
You are comparing us to nazis? Really?

The moral law is about what we ought to do, not what we do. But what we do does not negate the moral law.
But everyone who leans on religion thinks they are right and following your moral law. Like I said before, who gets to decide? Because ALL believers think that their view is right, especially Christians in the US, and they are obviously simply stupid and nuts.
Well, I guess that makes me a non-believer then. I do NOT think my view is the only way, I do NOT think my view is right for anyone but me. Therefore, by your logic, I am a non-believer.

See what happens when you start over generalising? It's offensive and immoral. You ONLY create animosity, and THAT is where your view falls.
You made something up to fit your world, which makes you a believer... in something made up. That it creates animosity is on you, people don't usually like the hard questions...
Hard questions? you want hard questions? Hows's this:

If not God, then how did EVERYTHING come to be? I mean before even the theory of "The Big Bang"? Where did the matter come from to begin with? How's that for a hard question?
Your Special and Selective "Logic"

How did God come to be? If God has always been, without a beginning, then why don't you allow us to say the same about matter?
Matter can exist forever... in thermal equilibrium. We don't see that so we know that space and time had a beginning.

Seriously brah, if there was a god, do you actually think that it would need to express its will through A FUCKING BOOK??? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Are you being serious, or just facetious? HOW ELSE WOULD IT EXPRESS ITSELF? Furthermore, it was not God who expressed himself through a book. God expressed himself through men, and commanded men to write an account of said expression. Therefore, the Bible, Koran, Torah, and all other religious documents are, at most, man's interpretation of God's will. Are you really so uneducated as to not understand that?
Is god so lame that he can't express himself directly to me, and that I can only get in touch with him through a 2000 year old book of non-stop nonsense not in evidence written by people who were so primitive that they hadn't even been able to invent toilet paper at that time? Do you understand THAT?
Are you waiting for a personal invitation before you stop being a militant atheist?
If I'm a militant atheists as you claim, then why would I be waiting for an invitation from a god? I'd have to be agnostic for wanting that. Please try again, and this time, try to make sense.
Because you're lying.

surer-EVERYTHING is racist...anything is racist
RACISM is EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because you're lying.

YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Probably because you're jealous of my position.

Because you're lying.

Everyone sees the ax you are grinding, Taz. It's pretty obvious.

Because you're lying.

Are you rationalizing your racism?

Because you're lying.

You're jealousy is showing again. Agnosticism is the thinking person's position. You can have all the fantasy.

Because you're lying.

You're jealousy is showing again. Agnosticism is the thinking person's position. You can have all the fantasy.
I have yet to meet one. They must be the one's who aren't arguing for or against the existence of God.

Because you're lying.

I have yet to meet one. They must be the one's who aren't arguing for or against the existence of God.
I challenge atheists as well as theists, you're both deluded and have no proof.

Because you're lying.

Are you rationalizing your racism?
please prove I'm racist--or your post is worthless crap

Many of us do allow for the possibility that both God (Spirit) and matter has always been, without a beginning. After all, we "matter" ;)

However, this does pose another question. IF one or the other came first, which do you surmise would be the first, and why? (What is the logic for proposing either?)
Non Sequitur Creates Adam and Eve Non Sequiturs. So NS Must Be God.

First of all, you have no basis for including God just because you are willing to concede that matter had no beginning. Because of that leap in logic, you go on to contradict yourself by talking about "firsts," when you started with neither having a beginning. Third, you assume I can make a judgment on some entity I don't believe exists.

Because you're lying.

Don't Fall for That "Got to Have Faith" Line

Are you "agnostic" about Santa Claus? You can't prove a negative about his existence either.

Because you're lying.

Don't Fall for That "Got to Have Faith" Line

Are you "agnostic" about Santa Claus? You can't prove a negative about his existence either.
Doesn’t mean I’m agnostic about everything else. It’s a case by case basis. On god I’m agnostic.

First of all, you have no basis for including God just because you are willing to concede that matter had no beginning. Because of that leap in logic, you go on to contradict yourself by talking about "firsts," when you started with neither having a beginning. Third, you assume I can make a judgment on some entity I don't believe exists.

The current discussion includes God. However, if God is disturbing to the reader, the question can be changed to talk about physical matter and intelligence. Which came first...matter or intelligence? Or, were both always in existence--neither preceded the other?

People who cannot concede God should be able to concede intelligence.

Matter and energy (aka space and time) had a beginning. The SLoT requires it. Inflation Theory explains how it is possible and tells us that the Laws of Nature were in place before space and time were created.

no of us has any idea about the beginning/end/god/''heaven''-''hell''/etc
We have more than a good idea about the beginning. Space and time had one. Just like Genesis claimed.
this has to be the most ridiculous answers I've ever heard from anyone---no malice intended....
..humans can't even IMAGINE the beginning......

Forum List

Back