Is there a god?

Because you're lying.

You are here to please yourself.

It's the same reason you make racist posts too.
YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Probably because you're jealous of my position.
Everyone sees the ax you are grinding, Taz. It's pretty obvious.
You're jealousy is showing again. Agnosticism is the thinking person's position. You can have all the fantasy.
I have yet to meet one. They must be the one's who aren't arguing for or against the existence of God.
I challenge atheists as well as theists, you're both deluded and have no proof.
But there is plenty of proof. We've been over it dozens of times and you have no answer for it other than to deny it. Ergo, you are not an agnostic.

no of us has any idea about the beginning/end/god/''heaven''-''hell''/etc
We have more than a good idea about the beginning. Space and time had one. Just like Genesis claimed.
this has to be the most ridiculous answer I've ever heard from anyone---no malice intended....
..humans can't even IMAGINE the beginning......
According to the Second Law of Thermodynamics for every matter to energy or energy to matter exchange there is a loss of usable energy. So as time approaches infinity the universe will reach thermal equilibrium at some point in time. We do not see that. So we know the universe had a beginning because it is not possible for space and time to have always existed without the universe being at thermal equilibrium.

Do you need for me to go on? There's more.

YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH. Probably because you're jealous of my position.
You're jealousy is showing again. Agnosticism is the thinking person's position. You can have all the fantasy.
I have yet to meet one. They must be the one's who aren't arguing for or against the existence of God.
But there is plenty of proof. We've been over it dozens of times and you have no answer for it other than to deny it. Ergo, you are not an agnostic.
Your proof is the universe. But you never proved how the "evidence" of the universe necessarily leads back to a single creator who cares whether we worship it and can only be found by distorting the whole contents of a book to make up a secret message from this invisible being, and how things like deformed babies and cancer fit in. You're welcome to keep trying.

Your proof is the universe. But you never proved how the "evidence" of the universe necessarily leads back to a single creator who cares whether we worship it and can only be found by distorting the whole contents of a book to make up a secret message from this invisible being, and how things like deformed babies and cancer fit in. You're welcome to keep trying.
Sure I did. You weren't paying attention. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. The purpose of the universe is to create intelligence aka consciousness. Consciousness is the pinnacle of creation. Consciousness is evolving. Every stage before it evolved until it made the next leap. Consciousness will make a leap too. Nature is full of death and rebirth examples. But most importantly, the moral law is written into the hearts of men.

Last edited:
Sure I did. You weren't paying attention. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. The purpose of the universe is create intelligence aka consciousness. Consciousness is the pinnacle of creation. Consciousness is evolving. Every stage before it evolved until it made the next leap. Consciousness will make a leap too. Nature is full of death and rebirth examples. But most importantly, the moral law is written into the hearts of men.
"The purpose of the universe is create intelligence aka consciousness. Consciousness is the pinnacle of creation." pure speculation, otherwise, offer up some proof.

"the moral law is written into the hearts of men", more unfounded speculation. What moral law was written into Hitler's heart? :biggrin:

Sure I did. You weren't paying attention. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. The purpose of the universe is create intelligence aka consciousness. Consciousness is the pinnacle of creation. Consciousness is evolving. Every stage before it evolved until it made the next leap. Consciousness will make a leap too. Nature is full of death and rebirth examples. But most importantly, the moral law is written into the hearts of men.
"The purpose of the universe is create intelligence aka consciousness. Consciousness is the pinnacle of creation." pure speculation, otherwise, offer up some proof.
"the moral law is written into the hearts of men", more unfounded speculation. What moral law was written into Hitler's heart? :biggrin:
See. That's how I know you are not an agnostic. You reject everything without any basis whatsoever.

Not to mention there is tons of evidence and logic for everything I said. While you have no evidence for anything you said.

We know the moral law exists for two very good reasons. Outcomes and our own behaviors.

Hitler did not do evil for evil's sake. Hitler did evil for the sake of his own good. He never abandoned the concept of good and evil. He rationalized that he did not do evil. So the fact that man does not abandon the concept of of good and evil means he can't get rid of the moral law.

See. That's how I know you are not an agnostic. You reject everything without any basis whatsoever.

Not to mention there is tons of evidence and logic for everything I said. While you have no evidence for anything you said.
I reject things that have no proof, what proof do you have to back up those statements? None, we've been over this before, but you're welcome to try again.

I reject things that have no proof, what proof do you have to back up those statements? None, we've been over this before, but you're welcome to try again.
I'm giving you the proof and you have no argument against them. Just blanket denials.

We know the moral law exists for two very good reasons. Outcomes and our own behaviors.

Hitler did not do evil for evil's sake. Hitler did evil for the sake of his own good. He never abandoned the concept of good and evil. He rationalized that he did not do evil. So the fact that man does not abandon the concept of of good and evil means he can't get rid of the moral law.

I'm giving you the proof and you have no argument against them. Just blanket denials.

I'm going to say "show me some proof" and you're going to say "I've already given it to you". We've been down this road before. But sure, go ahead if you seriously want to show me your proof.

Virtue is the ultimate organizing principle. A virtuous people will live in peace and harmony. A people devoid of virtue will live in disorder and chaos.

This is the evidence Taz has been seeking as an agnostic.

What moral law was written into Hitler's heart?
The moral law is about what we ought to do, not what we do do, Taz.

Your example of Hitler is a fail.
The Hitler example is to show that morality is subjective. There is no one moral standard.
No. That is an example to show that man is subjective. The moral law is absolute. Outcomes prove that.

Virtue is the ultimate organizing principle. A virtuous people will live in peace and harmony. A people devoid of virtue will live in disorder and chaos.

This is the evidence you have been seeking as an agnostic.

I'm going to say "show me some proof" and you're going to say "I've already given it to you". We've been down this road before. But sure, go ahead if you seriously want to show me your proof.
I just did show you the proof. You are losing this debate. Outcomes and our behaviors prove a moral law exists.

Is that why the US is in such chaos all the time?

Can you give me an example of a virtuous country living in peace and harmony?

What moral law was written into Hitler's heart?
The moral law is about what we ought to do, not what we do do, Taz.

Your example of Hitler is a fail.
The Hitler example is to show that morality is subjective. There is no one moral standard.
No. That is an example to show that man is subjective. The moral law is absolute. Outcomes prove that.

This is the evidence you have been seeking as an agnostic.
So what is the moral law? List its components.

I just did show you the proof. You are losing this debate. Outcomes and our behaviors prove a moral law exists.
"The purpose of the universe is create intelligence aka consciousness. Consciousness is the pinnacle of creation." What does proving this quote have to do with any moral law?

Is that why the US is in such chaos all the time?

Can you give me an example of a virtuous country living in peace and harmony?
Yes, because we stopped following the moral law.

Yes, there are numerous examples. Here is my witness.

Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America
Upon my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things. In France I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country. Religion in America...must be regarded as the foremost of the political institutions of that country; for if it does not impart a taste for freedom, it facilitates the use of it. Indeed, it is in this same point of view that the inhabitants of the United States themselves look upon religious belief. I do not know whether all Americans have a sincere faith in their religion -- for who can search the human heart? But I am certain that they hold it to be indispensable to the maintenance of republican institutions. This opinion is not peculiar to a class of citizens or a party, but it belongs to the whole nation and to every rank of society. In the United States, the sovereign authority is religious...there is no country in the world where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America, and there can be no greater proof of its utility and of its conformity to human nature than that its influence is powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth. In the United States, the influence of religion is not confined to the manners, but it extends to the intelligence of the people...

Christianity, therefore, reigns without obstacle, by universal consent...

I sought for the key to the greatness and genius of America in her harbors...; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power. America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great. The safeguard of morality is religion, and morality is the best security of law as well as the surest pledge of freedom. The Americans combine the notions of Christianity and of liberty so intimately in their minds, that it is impossible to make them conceive the one without the other Christianity is the companion of liberty in all its conflicts -- the cradle of its infancy, and the divine source of its claims.

One Nation Under God: Alexis de Tocqueville

Forum List

Back