Is there an increase in illegal marijuana sells in states where it is legal?

If it is cheaper, I'm sure it happens a lot.
So because it's legal you're saying that makes the temptation more tempting to go ILLEGAL? :rofl:

I've never said to myself...beer is legal. So let me bypass that and skip on down to WV for some moonshine!

They haven't even started taxing it as much as most "sins". The more they tax, the bigger the black market will become.

Colorado Lost $25,000,000 to The Black Market

Just a quick google search brought this up.
Colorado's 2015 Marijuana Tax Results: $135 Million, $35 Million Going to Schools - MARIJUANA POLITICS
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/1215 Marijuana Tax, License, and Fees Report.pdf

Just a quick google search brought that up

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal to my post?

So because it's legal you're saying that makes the temptation more tempting to go ILLEGAL? :rofl:

I've never said to myself...beer is legal. So let me bypass that and skip on down to WV for some moonshine!

They haven't even started taxing it as much as most "sins". The more they tax, the bigger the black market will become.

Lost to the black market? They don't have jails in Colorado?

From the previous link.

"Colorado made $26 million less than they expected during its first year of recreational marijuana sales, not because of fewer users, but because of an active black market that functions in a grey area of the law. Many caregivers and personal growers, for example, may grow their own marijuana and give away excess to whomever they see fit (as long as they’re over 21). As long as no money, goods or services are traded in the exchange, no laws are broken by receiving cannabis from a non-licensed individual."

Your welcome

Colorado's 2015 Marijuana Tax Results: $135 Million, $35 Million Going to Schools - MARIJUANA POLITICS
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/1215 Marijuana Tax, License, and Fees Report.pdf

Just a quick google search brought that up

Is that supposed to be a rebuttal to my post?
Yes. Colorado was losing far more to the black market before they legalized marijuana. I've read reports that Mexican drug cartels are losing $1 billion per year thanks to the legalization of marijuana in Colorado. Great news all around.

From the previous link.

"Colorado made $26 million less than they expected during its first year of recreational marijuana sales, not because of fewer users, but because of an active black market that functions in a grey area of the law. Many caregivers and personal growers, for example, may grow their own marijuana and give away excess to whomever they see fit (as long as they’re over 21). As long as no money, goods or services are traded in the exchange, no laws are broken by receiving cannabis from a non-licensed individual."

Your welcome
$26 million less? How much less before legalization? According to my link that you dismissed for some reason, about $160 million less.

From the previous link.

Your welcome

So they didn't lose anything because what they said MAY be happening is legal.

You're welcome.

Freedom is freedom. What people do in their backyard is their business. Soda has god awful effects on society too....but it shouldn't be banned.
. Freedom is freedom eh ?? Well then don't stop there lefty.. Free up everything you can put your little mind to, I mean freedom is freedom after all right ??

I can only speak for legal pot in Seattle. $60 for the measliest 1/8th I've ever seen. You can get twice that for $50, and probably as good or better. BTW, you can keep the oil. The only thing I found is it makes my brother stupid.

I can only speak for legal pot in Seattle. $60 for the measliest 1/8th I've ever seen. You can get twice that for $50, and probably as good or better. BTW, you can keep the oil. The only thing I found is it makes my brother stupid.
I wish I could legally pay $60 for a measly 1/8. You lucky fuck.

From the previous link.

Your welcome
$26 million less? How much less before legalization? According to my link that you dismissed for some reason, about $160 million less.

I think you're arguing for no reason.

I don't disagree. I was pointing out that a black market does and will exist. It happens with nearly everything considered a "sin".

Dope will be no different.

From the previous link.

Your welcome

I don't disagree. I was pointing out that a black market does and will exist. It happens with nearly everything considered a "sin".

The black market has been drastically crippled thanks to legalization. Do you think that's good or bad?

From the previous link.

Your welcome

The black market has been drastically crippled thanks to legalization. Do you think that's good or bad?

First, I am pro legalization.

Second, I am a realist. It's a good thing. But wait until the state finds this as a cash cow. Taxes, fees and double of each.

Groups will be formed to target it. Like MADD with alcohol, and GASP with smoking.

People will still want it and will seek less expensive ways to get it.

That's why the black Market exists, and will always exist.

From the previous link.

Your welcome

In California half or more legal outlets for medical pot are owned by cartel frontmen who sell cartel pot.

From the previous link.

Your welcome

In California half or more legal outlets for medical pot are owned by cartel frontmen who sell cartel pot.
^ alternative fact

Report: Colorado Better Than Washington At Tamping Down Pot Black Market

The effect on crime seems to have been as one would predict. Colorado’s authorities reckon licensed sales—about 90 tonnes a year—now meet 70% of total estimated demand, with much of the rest covered by a “grey” market of legally home-grown pot illegally sold. In Washington licensed sales accounted for only about 30% of the market in 2014, according to Roger Roffman of the University of Washington. Washington’s large, untaxed and rather wild-west “medical” marijuana market accounts for a lot of the rest. Still, most agree that Colorado’s lower prices have done more to make life hard for organised crime.

The article points out that lot's of people may grow their own now too. This all is great news, if it means less people are being forced into crime, or situations with criminals.

It seems to me that it would be difficult to tell the legal stuff from the untaxed. From what I have heard the legal taxed marijuana is very expensive. I do not use it myself but was just curious if there was any studies on the matter and how reliable those studies would be.

Forum List

Back