Is there anyone here who believes politics isn’t a money scam?

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
It about high salaries, fat pensions, shady business deals, Netflix movies and documentaries, speaking fees, television deals, book deals, etc.. politicians, like athletes and entertainers are a brand. Their job is to parlay their fame from politics into money. They have no interest in public service. They’re in a self serving business.

Last edited:
Nearly all politicians are crooks. They learned early on they could make a killing financially speaking, in politics. They generally are the lowest form of human life. They should be treated by all of us as pariahs and criminals. Never to be trusted and quickly imprisoned.

It about high salaries, fat pensions, shady business deals, Netflix movies and documentaries, speaking fees, television deals, book deals, etc.. politicians, like athletes and entertainers are a brand. Their job is to parlay their fame from politics into money. They have no interest in public service. They’re in a self serving business.

That's why we need term limits.

Most people get rich in politics, but Trump has lost a fortune.

That’s part of why I support him. I’m not going to lie, sometimes I disagree with him, but I don’t question his motives. He’s the only one who stood nothing to gain from being successful in politics.

While I believe some who run for office do so initially out of a genuine motivation to serve the American People, there's no denying that once they get there they become a member of our modern aristocracy and soon after find themselves inebriated with the heady taste of power and fame. Lord Acton wasn't lying when he said, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and great men are almost always bad men." Human nature. Look it up . . . in the mirror of all our pasts.

Term limits, no retirement, minimal healthcare and a wage that is the average citizen salary.

Term limits are never going to happen. Decades of lies about it by the political class.

That’s part of why I support him. I’m not going to lie, sometimes I disagree with him, but I don’t question his motives. He’s the only one who stood nothing to gain from being successful in politics.
Power, fame and influence?

Trump does not need money and the ultra wealthy do not acquire more money because they want the cash. They do so because they want the status that wealth confers. Simply being the president confers more status than any amount of wealth can.

The Founding Fathers risked their lives and fortunes to create the greatest document the world had ever seen that guarantees government of the people and by the people and here we are in the 21st century when smarmy (lefties) claim that politics is a "money scam". Thank you government sponsored liberal education system.

Power, fame and influence?

Trump does not need money and the ultra wealthy do not acquire more money because they want the cash. They do so because they want the status that wealth confers. Simply being the president confers more status than any amount of wealth can.

Status and prestige is part of it, but another variable in the equation for most politicians is money. I mean who doesn’t like money.

The Founding Fathers risked their lives and fortunes to create the greatest document the world had ever seen that guarantees government of the people and by the people and here we are in the 21st century when smarmy (lefties) claim that politics is a "money scam". Thank you government sponsored liberal education system.

You’re going to compare these clown politicians to the founding fathers?! Wake up! They’re in it for the money!

Forum List

Back