Is There One Sound/valid Syllogistic Argument For The Existence Of God?

Umm, it was a funny quote - so I posted it.

Lighten up, douche towels.

Like I said, I won't argue with your position that you posted something you don't believe because you are stupid. It actually makes it easier for me because you have admitted something I have been saying about you for years.

well, silly, i never even tried to prove the opposite.

it's not currently provable, and i've certainly not claimed i could do so.

im an agnostic.

So that post where someone claimed that it is impossible to know everything without knowing you know everything wasn't really your post.

Got it.

I'd love to see you present me the possibility of a knower -

who can possibly know everything and not KNOW that he/she/it knows everything.

Because by default, that one thing they do not know - means they do not know everything.

But somehow, you disagree. I'll entertain"why/how" it could ever be untrue.

so - go ahead, big mouth.

Like I said, I won't argue with your position that you posted something you don't believe because you are stupid. It actually makes it easier for me because you have admitted something I have been saying about you for years.
You've been saying something about ME for YEARS?

WTF?

I'm not even sure I remember aside from this maybe 1 other conversation I've even been in with you, I could be wrong. But I'm glad to be relevant to you to remember, I guess.

Thanks?

I just said in a previous post that I don't think you theists are lying when you say you believe in god. Do you really believe we aren't being sincere when we tell you that you are delusional for believing in gods?

I just said in a previous post that I don't think you theists are lying when you say you believe in god. Do you really believe we aren't being sincere when we tell you that you are delusional for believing in gods?
We are know it alls for being agnostic,

whereas believers and non believers are........................................................totally open minded.

Up is down, you know.

Title is pretty self-explanatory. Go.

The Cosmological argument fails.
The kalam fails.
The ontological argument fails.
The modal ontological argument only proves the possibility of god, by virtue of modal logic and axiom S5.
The teleological argument fails.
The transcendental argument fails.

ARE THERE ANY? For the past three thousand years, the smartest minds have been unable to provide a single syllogism that conclusively demonstrates god's existence.

Yet, all of these supremely arrogant theists run their mouth against atheism, as if they have an epistemological leg to stand on, when they don't.

Any day now! We are waiting for your argument, and until then, atheism is justified.
Is faith a difficult concept for you?

WTF?

I'm not even sure I remember aside from this maybe 1 other conversation I've even been in with you, I could be wrong. But I'm glad to be relevant to you to remember, I guess.

Thanks?

If you tell him you are a god and that you have performed miracles in the past he will worship you. And tell him part of being a member is not asking for any proof. Just have faith you are a god.

The kalam fails.
The modal ontological argument only proves the possibility of god, by virtue of modal logic and axiom S5.

ARE THERE ANY? For the past three thousand years, the smartest minds have been unable to provide a single syllogism that conclusively demonstrates god's existence.

Yet, all of these supremely arrogant theists run their mouth against atheism, as if they have an epistemological leg to stand on, when they don't.

Any day now! We are waiting for your argument, and until then, atheism is justified.

Faith isn't a virtue it is willful ignorance.

There is not a flaw in the use logic, reason, and evidence. This is how all claims are examined, and your wish to be exempt because of the nature of your claim, is simply special pleading.

Claim: I still love me ex-girlfriend.

What evidence can I provide? I married a different woman, I had kids with a different woman, I love my wife, I have no pictures of my ex. I never send her gifts or letters or phone her. My love lives only in my heart and my memory.

So how do we proceed? What evidence is needed, what logic is required to evaluate the claim? How do you, an outsider, evaluate what is in my heart and what I know to be true?
I'm tellin.

The kalam fails.

Faith isn't a virtue it is willful ignorance.

Neither is pride a virtue.

Exactly! Everybody knows that God's existence can't be proven to another in the absolute, ultimate sense. These people have been thinking all this time that we've been arguing something we're not . . . after how many friggin' posts now? Eight-hundred and some posts!

And what is one of the things I've been telling them all along that everybody knows: God's existence can't be proven to another in the absolute, ultimate sense!

And it is because everybody knows this, including them as they simultaneously think that we're arguing the opposite, that their minds are closed. Hence, they will not shut up, read, think about or understand what we are arguing.

And now that that Jake finally understands, after Eight-hundred and some posts, that we haven't been arguing that all along, what is his response?

Answer: whatever we are talking about isn't important or doesn't matter, but he doesn't have the first clue about what that is. IDIOT!

He opens his mind long enough to get just one item of what we're talking about, after Eight-hundred and some posts, which is more of the things that everybody knows, only to shut the door of his mind again!

One bit of knowledge I have acquired purely via observation and reason doing this message board stuff for a number of years now, is that some people play obtuse, stupid, belligerent, hateful, insulting for sport. I can't say for certain, but I suspect some people--maybe Hollie and Jake?--entertain themselves by trying to goad or manipulate us in that way. It can be by being deliberately personally insulting while using diversionary tactics or it can be by being deliberately obtuse or non sequitur. They don't care that they don't have our respect because we certainly don't have theirs. But we give them exactly what they want when we take the bait. I don't always succeed, but I do make an effort not to take that bait.

Even more interesting is how often the Atheists and anti-religionists are drawn to religious threads like flies. They almost never are interested in discussing concepts but are there to declare how stupid anybody is to believe in God or really in anything larger than ourselves. I don't understand those who are so driven to destroy the faith of those to whom their faith is important and beneficial, but I do wonder what is at work that makes the subject so fascinating to so many non-believers.

One might even think it is another bit of evidence for the existence of God. :)

To put that into a syllogistic argument:

One cannot be passionate about something that does not exist.
Atheists/anti-religionists are passionate about discrediting God.
Therefore God exists.

Agree. But sometimes I do take the bait in order to highlight precisely why the atheist is so obviously wrong, and the difference between those who are earnestly trying to understand things and those who aren't.

The interesting thing about Jake, which further undermines his credibility for all to see, is that he does believe God exists. So what he's really telling all us is that his belief is blind faith, when in fact there is good reason to believe that God is, that this conviction can be solidly based on evidentiary facts and logical proofs, with the premises of the latter being objectively and independently verifiable.

Hence, just what kind of fool believes God exists but closes his mind to the very evidentiary facts and logical proofs which substantiate his instinctual inclination?

Answer: A damn fool, one that is even more foolish than the closed-minded atheist.

Hey! I believe in god and the devil now. Last night I saw an angel in the middle of the night and it told me to believe.

Do you believe I saw an angel in the middle of the night? So why the hell would we believe any unbelievable story you tell us?

It would rather depend on your reputation for veracity and commitment to truth wouldn't it? There are people who could tell me they saw an angel the middle of the night, and I would know beyond all reasonable doubt that they saw something that they identified as an angel. Would I believe it was in fact an angel? Not so much but I would believe the person believed it was an angel and that he wasn't hallucinating or making it up. I would file it away as knowledge that could be useful if I ran into other credible people who testified to such phenomena.

Whether I accept their interpretation of things or not, there are people I believe to be sincere, honest, and truthful to the best of their ability.

And other people not so much.

Oh I believe they believe it too. I know my friends are sincere every last one of them.

You sure couldn't have discerned that from your post that came across as rather snotty, condescending, judgmental, and intentionally combative.

Because by default, that one thing they do not know - means they do not know everything.

I see no need to even attempt it until you actually provide evidence your claim is correct, and that the fact that it is correct somehow proves that everyone who believes in a non omniscient god is somehow wrong.

WTF?

Thanks?
That is because you are stupid, just like I have been saying.

Perhaps it was because the stupid person I responded to said he wasn't sincere about the post he made.

Any other stupid questions?

That you admit that concrete proof for the existence of or not of deity is all that matters to me, guys. You can dance on the head of a pin all you want: go for it.

Now having made sure we are all on the same sheet of music, I am a believer in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He calls me by my first name and I call Him Lord. Although Satan knows your name, some of you are letting it call you by your addictions, where as Jesus, who always knows your addictions (consider our radical atheists), calls you by your name.

Thanks for the opportunity to share, folks

Shut up, you idiot. You have concrete evidence, beginning with the universe itself and it's contents, including the things in your pin head that everybody knows: objectively, universally and absolutely, dummy. You don't care about concrete evidence at all.

Yours is the stuff of a purely academic substance that amounts to nothing more than a propositionally justifiable objection, which, of course, is not justifiable knowledge, as such is not explicable or demonstrable. And like others, you still don't understand what evidence and proof and knowledge are. In the meantime, every piece of the evidence for God's existence is justifiable knowledge: demonstrably, authoritatively and intuitively, you dope.

If you tell him you are a god and that you have performed miracles in the past he will worship you. And tell him part of being a member is not asking for any proof. Just have faith you are a god.

Why would I do that? Especially after he posts something he claims does not represent his position?

I see no need to even attempt it until you actually provide evidence your claim is correct, and that the fact that it is correct somehow proves that everyone who believes in a non omniscient god is somehow wrong.
Umm, the second clause of your sentence, that I bolded, was not my conclusion. You made that up out of whole cloth.

But the first clause, is that it's an axiom - the impossibility of the contrary makes it true.

If it could somehow be wrong - name one instance or situation in which it could..............I'll be very open minded for you.

I claim it is absolute, because of the impossibility of the contrary.

You can either name a scenario where the contrary works, or sit the fuck down about it.

WTF?

Thanks?
That is because you are stupid, just like I have been saying.
im rubber youre glue...blah blah blah

good for you, man. hope this all helps your massively inflated ego. you post so angry day in and day out.

pm me if youre really sad about something, swear to the universe ill be sincere in trying to be a shoulder. and i mean that.

Forum List

Back