Is there really white privilege?

I’ve been wondering about this since the entire white privilege thing started. Kinda looking around for it. If I had it at all it sure as hell wasn't helping me. Im still looking for it. Has anyone actually found their white privilege?

Have you ever walked into a store and not been followed by security because they thought you might steal something?

White privilege.

Been pulled over and not had your car searched?

White privilege.

And so on.

Another story or two...

I used to work public sector in Houston. We went to a conference in Austin and stayed at the Double Tree across from the Erwin Center. I arrived in the afternoon and presented my organization's travel voucher and was given a room and some cookies. A young Hispanic gentleman (US Navy veteran who served in combat) who was actually younger than me and my direct supervisor came in around 7PM that evening. He presented his voucher and was asked to also present a credit card to pay for the room. When he asked why he needed to present a credit card for the room, he was told it was to cover incidentals and any damages that are done to the room.

A relative of mine who is Hispanic and his Anglo wife were in a shopping mall when it got late and they announced the mall would be closing in a few minutes. They had parked outside of Dillards and were wanting to pass through the Dillards store so they could exit near their car. A gentleman (white guy) told them that they would have to go out the mall entrance and this would force them to walk around the anchor store at Deerbrook Mall in Humble, Texas. It's a very large store and this was not a minor inconvenience considering they were also pushing a baby carriage with their young daughter in it. As they were walking down the hallway to exit the store, a white couple came up to the same door and were let into Dillards. Its unclear if they were pass-throughs or shoppers.

Those are two of the many cases where I experienced White privilege.

This doesn't count all of the times I was at the beach or park and the police chose not to stop and search me

I’ve been wondering about this since the entire white privilege thing started. Kinda looking around for it. If I had it at all it sure as hell wasn't helping me. Im still looking for it. Has anyone actually found their white privilege?

Have you ever walked into a store and not been followed by security because they thought you might steal something?

White privilege.

White privilege.

And so on.
I just had to deal with getting pulled over. Turns out we forgot to renew the plates. My truck wasn’t searched probably because it doesn’t smell like pot. Although the cop did ask what my job was after seeing all the tools in the back seat. I got the ticket BTW. Is that white privilege?
You got pulled over for a reason.

Whites built almost all of the civilization. All of the best countries are white, according to all of the best countries lists I have ever seen - they are made by leftist organizations by the way, one was quoted to me by JoeB. All this despite being 6-8% of world population.

Yes, white countries are privileged. There is just something special about white attitudes and DNA that others have not yet figured out. That is not a sin, it is a fact to be celebrated. White cultures are FUCKING AWESOME!

I only wish Trump would start saying the stuff his Trumpsters are saying here in these various threads.

Loud and clear. Every day.
I agree. Trump should be saying what I say. Democrats are literally so racist and sexist that the most important thing about their VP nominee is its race and gender.

No you see, the democrat voters are PROUD to have their demographic represent them. If you tell them they are racist they laugh at you - rightfully.

This is a standard we should aspire to as well. If someone is not American enough it is a no go.

White privilege.

White privilege.

And so on.

There you go. Saying shit that you can’t prove and we’re just supposed to accept it as fact

I can't even get anyone to explain to me what the fuck "white privilege" IS, so I have no idea if it exists or not. The only answer I ever get is, "If you have to ask, that's your white privilege right there."

White privilege.

White privilege.

And so on.

There you go. Saying shit that you can’t prove and we’re just supposed to accept it as fact
61184d2ff5f8e3213b466e9c07ad642e.jpg

White privilege.

White privilege.

And so on.

Except I do know white people who’ve had that happen to them.

So do I. I also don't know ANY black person those things happen to. Gotta make you wonder if it's actually about something else entirely, and some people just automatically leap to, "It's because I'm black, EVERYTHING is because I'm black, because OBVIOUSLY I have no identity beyond being black."

White privilege.

White privilege.

And so on.

Except I do know white people who’ve had that happen to them.

So do I. I also don't know ANY black person those things happen to. Gotta make you wonder if it's actually about something else entirely, and some people just automatically leap to, "It's because I'm black, EVERYTHING is because I'm black, because OBVIOUSLY I have no identity beyond being black."
I'm pretty sure you know few if any black folks.

From 2013:

I remember back when I lived in Houston, I was pulled over and ticketed in the suburb of Bellaire. Google the city of Bellaire and check it out. Wiki has it as being 90+% white and Asian.

Well, I wanted to fight the ticket so I went to the court which was in the evening. The court room was packed full of people there to fight their tickets as well. The racial make up should be about 90+% white and Asian if, on average, those ticketed reflect the racial make-up of the city...right?

Aside from the Judge, an attorney some Mexican lady brought with her, and another defendant, nearly every defendant in the room was black or Hispanic (very few Hispanics by the way). We're talking about 150 defendants and one of them was white, in Bellaire, where 90% of the town is white or Asian.

When I hear about White Privilege, I think it's an antiquated notion but it still exists and, to my mind, it is most prevalent here.

--

On the flip side of the coin, as many of you may know if you read my posts, I do credentialing for our health system. What that means is that I check to make sure current and prospective future employees have the licenses they say they have, the endorsements they claim, and generally are telling the baseline truth about their qualifications. I get "packets" from HR about each applicant or volunteer. Recently, the packets have started to include the race-based questions we have on the end of our on-line application. The part that wants you to self-identify whether you're white, black, Latino, martian or whatever.

I have purposely refused to look at this. It doesn't affect their qualifications at all (alternate languages spoke, written are covered in another part of the application). I'm not in HR but I would bet that the message down there is that they need to have our staff mirror the city of Phoenix meaning hire more Hispanics. BS...I say hire the best person for the job and have your HR staff eliminate race from consideration to the positive or the negative. If the open job has two good candidates, you flip a coin.

Did the author - or you - consider that maybe this was about "good driver privilege", not racial privilege? Or are we expecting the cops to pull over people who haven't actually done anything to warrant it, just so that they have a more "equal" mix of people in court?

Oh hell yeah there is I went by the bank yesterday and showed them my white privilege ID card and got 50 million dollars no questions asked.

Forum List

Back