Is there such thing as "universal morality"?

Translation: I don't have examples because there are none so I'll deflect

The US certainly doesn't live in peace and harmony. I was born while we were at war and we have been fighting wars for my entire life. I was born when segregation was legal and common. Black men were attacked by dogs and are still being shot in disproportionate numbers. Is the US an exception?
I am telling you pretty much all societies live in peace and harmony. My standard is not anarchy. What’s yours? Utopia?
So school shootings mean peace and harmony? :lmao:
So there must be none?
Robberies, murders, rape... no harmony in any country.
So would the number have to be zero?
It’s nowhere near zero. Anywhere.

Can you explain how it is gibberish?
Because you’re a retard, and gibberish is pretty much all you have.
I didn’t think you could.
I just did. You’re just in constant denial.
I couldn’t be happier for you to see it that way, brother.
You’re mad, I’m happy.
I couldn’t be happier for you to see that too, Taz. Your happiness is important to me.

I am telling you pretty much all societies live in peace and harmony. My standard is not anarchy. What’s yours? Utopia?
So there must be none?
But would it have to be zero for you to believe you live in a harmonious and orderly society?

So there must be none?
But would it have to be zero for you to believe you live in a harmonious and orderly society?
Possibly not, but the US is way too far from zero to be called harmonious. Just look at how Dems and Reps go at each other. To you that’s harmonious?

So there must be none?
Possibly not, but the US is way too far from zero to be called harmonious. Just look at how Dems and Reps go at each other. To you that’s harmonious?
I am trying to get at your threshold that you would call a society harmonious and orderly.

How many murders and rapes and violent crimes will you allow before you would call that society harmonious and orderly? As near as I can tell your number is zero.

If the number were 0 would it be a harmonious society?

How about 1?

Or 10?

Or 100?

Or 1000?

Or 10000?

After all there are 300,000,000 plus people here, right?

So if 299,990,000 out of 300,000,000 live peacefully you guys would say that the 10,000 that don’t mean the 299,990,000 that do would not be an orderly society?

That just doesn’t make any sense. Hence my position that you guys have entirety unrealistic expectations and standards of measure.

So just because people don’t always meet the universal standard doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist.

Hat tip to buttercup.

Apparently so. Also war, crime, and racism do too. Good thing the GOP and Dems get along in peace and harmony.
Everything works itself out in the end. It is all part of the conflict and confusion process.

Don’t you know how evolution works?

During the equilibrium phase slight differences work to create competition until the next big breakthrough occurs.

If it is wrong then eventually it will fail because error cannot stand and the process starts over again. The law of compensation never sleeps. It is constantly propelling us foward in starts and stops ebbs and flow backwards and forwards but eventually progress is made.

At any point in your life you are the sum of your choices. How’s that for reality?
Reality is that at any point in your life you are the sum of your choices PLUS what the universe has seen fit to throw your way.
Absolutely. 100%. The only question will be whether or not I have peace through the storm and learned what I was supposed to learn or have to repeat the lesson until I do.

I am trying to get at your threshold that you would call a society harmonious and orderly.

How many murders and rapes and violent crimes will you allow before you would call that society harmonious and orderly? As near as I can tell your number is zero.
No country that I know of.

Thanks for proving my point.

Thanks for proving my point.
No country is anywhere near zero. You're a retard.

Forum List

Back