Is this an example of the #MeToo movement going to far

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
It is a lengthy read, as well as typical of the whole "he said she said" conundrum of sloppy drunk hookups, but did this guy really deserve what happened to him?

'I'm Radioactive'

Until the spring of 2018, Jonathan Kaiman was the Beijing bureau chief of the Los Angeles Times. Today he is living at the home of his parents in Phoenix under conditions he describes as a form of psychological house arrest. There are no visitors, and his few remaining friends rarely call. He feels unable to make new ones, because he fears the reaction of anyone who Googles him. He's 32, unemployed, and perhaps unemployable—"I'm radioactive," as he puts it. And he's still trying to find the right combination of psychotropic medication to quell the recurrent thought that ending his life may be the best way out.

His concern about search engines is not paranoia. Because if you Google Jonathan Kaiman today, the results will likely lead you to conclude that he is at best a sexual creep, at worst, well, it's hard to tell—but something worse. He is one of the least famous, least powerful men on the lists published by The New York Times and Bloomberg of those who have lost their jobs in the wake of #MeToo. Kaiman was accused by two women, each once his friend, of behaving badly during separate casual sexual encounters, four years apart.

Me2 went too far the moment some woman could make a accusation on Twitter without a court decision, without even filing a police report, or even any proof and the man was instantly attacked, fired from his job and dragged through the mud.

Its just like spray painting "pedophile lives here" on someone's house and posting it online. Whether they are not you just destroyed that person. And those women in most cases never did anything else, they fucked up some guys life and just walked away with no reprocussions.

Women are cruel and vindictive. A man might kick your ass if you piss him off, but a woman will take a shit in your soul because she isn't happy.

It is a lengthy read, as well as typical of the whole "he said she said" conundrum of sloppy drunk hookups, but did this guy really deserve what happened to him?

'I'm Radioactive'
I read part of the linked article. Got to wonder why the women he hooks up with keep changing their minds about him in the middle of their sexual encounters with him? Does he have a zit on his dick or something?

That said, it doesn't seem he did anything illegal.....maybe I didn't read far enough to get to that.

I read part of the linked article. Got to wonder why the women he hooks up with keep changing their minds about him in the middle of their sexual encounters with him? Does he have a zit on his dick or something?

That said, it doesn't seem he did anything illegal.....maybe I didn't read far enough to get to that.

All of the referenced situations involved both parties being inebriated I believe.

And the question is this is 2-3 women out of how many?

Also his current girlfriend hasn't left him, and things like this are an easy "out" if she wanted out.

All of the referenced situations involved both parties being inebriated I believe.

And the question is this is 2-3 women out of how many?

Also his current girlfriend hasn't left him, and things like this are an easy "out" if she wanted out.
I wounder if part of his woes aren't self inflicted. Seems like with his knowledge of Chinese, he could get pretty nice job with some company that does business with China even if he has been blackballed by media/journalism.

I wounder if part of his woes aren't self inflicted. Seems like with his knowledge of Chinese, he could get pretty nice job with some company that does business with China even if he has been blackballed by media/journalism.

Good point, I would assume so Chinese media company would love to have an American on board, and they don't give a shit about #MeToo

I never deny that Conservatives do have many faults. Conservatives are wrong to minimize/excuse Racism. Conservatives are wrong to support guns. Conservatives are wrong to oppose Welfare -- I also have a disability!

Nevertheless, Progressive support for Presumption of Guilt is pure evil. Under Presumption of Guilt, any man's life can be destroyed by an uninvestigated accusation. Any man employed by or working with Progressives must know that his career is one tweet away from total destruction.

Every Progressive knows, that Presumption of Guilt will destroy the lives of tens of thousands of innocent men. Knowing that, they are willing to sacrifice the innocent for what they view as the Greater Good.

There is a theological dispute regarding what evil represents. Most Christians believe that pure evil exists and is embodied by Satan. From what I have read in Jewish literature, pure evil can not exist unless it can take energy from goodness to sustain itself.

In less philosophical terms, no platform which proclaims evil for the sake of evil can be serious, practical, or self-sustaining. Most evil ideologies are based on a slogan of evil for the sake of ``greater good". Under this slogan, anyone who opposes evil also opposes the ``greater good" and thus must be stopped.

Forum List

Back