Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
I used to think Joe Montana was the greatest ever, but I'm wondering if Tom Brady is the best.

What do you think?
That's sad. Joe Montana isn't even in the top 25 all time and Tom Brady isn't in the top 5 (he is in the top 10).

I always know immediately that a person doesn't know shit about football when they grade a QB on how many rings he's won. QB's don't win rings. Teams do. Championships are a measurement of teams - not individuals. Go to the NFL website you and you won't see Joe Montana listed a single time as a Super Bowl winner. You will, however, see the San Francisco 49ers listed.

The greatest QB's in order:

1. Dan Marino (it's not even close - he obliterated the NFL record books)
2. John Elway
3. Peyton Manning
4. Steve Young
5. Troy Aikman (most pin-point accurate passer ever)

And before anyone even attempt to argue about #1 - Don Shula is the winningest coach in NFL history. He coached the legendary Johnny Unitas in Baltimore. He coached Earl Morrell and Bob Griese. Don Shula himself said that Dan Marino is the greatest QB to ever play football and that it wasn't even close. I think he has forgotten more about football than anyone here on USMB will ever know.

These are just a few quarterbacks that you mentioned that are TEN times better than Tom Brady in the era of the superbowl. Jim Kelly,Steve Grogan,Roger Stabach,Bob Griese are just a couple others along with the ones you mentioned I can think of immediatly at the moment at the top of my head that like the ones you mentioned are all TEN times better than Brady.

Brady is not even in the top 25 best even in the superbowl era.:rolleyes:

Bob Griese was a better quarterback than Tom Brady? God, you're an idiot!

What is Shula's record in the post season? 19 - 17? I'm sorry but that record SUCKS! Belichick is 24 - 9 in playoff games. Gee, 19-17 or 24-9? Call me crazy but I'm taking the latter!

Shula also was the first coach to lose to an AFL team. Going in as a 17 point favorite, his Colts were embarrassed by the Jets

Shula also was the first coach to lose to an AFL team. Going in as a 17 point favorite, his Colts were embarrassed by the Jets
LMAO! And? So? He has won more games than anyone in NFL history. Just because stupid people like you didn't realize the Jets had the better team and the bookies were too stupid to get the spread right doesn't mean anything other than how stupid people like you and the bookies are.

LMAO! And? So? He has won more games than anyone in NFL history. Just because stupid people like you didn't realize the Jets had the better team and the bookies were too stupid to get the spread right doesn't mean anything other than how stupid people like you and the bookies are.

Longevity...big deal
It only means he started coaching in his 30s and coached into his 70s

He did not have his team prepared for Super Bowl III

That last Superbowl plus his body of work makes him one of the greatest even though that last Superbowl win was not impressive. It doesn't have to be. Wins a win.

Brady doesn't move like a greatest either. He gets a lot of time in the pocket. Anyways, his record says he's the greatest

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:
When is the last time you saw Tom Brady play?

Brady has never played in a game, he was acting, just like all the other players in the NFL. The game is rigged and they are all actors.
Sez the guy who cannot argue with actual facts and needs a gang to back him up.

LA, I would not pay too much attention to weak Willie over here. The guy should go back to selling shoes or whatever it is he needs to do to make himself feel real.

He wants to take the irrelevant innuendo and make them relevant facts when discussing his hero.
Papa don't let Alexis phase you he's just jealous because his Cleveland browns suck.

No but seriously Alex wtf is wrong with you? I argue politics race and religion but never sports. It's just not that important. Want in on a secret. We are laughing at how worked up you and ram get. You are ridiculous.
"worked up" here? Hardly. I call a spade a spade and watch you guys run around like lunatics.

Fact is Brady is a cheater and is celebrated...that is relevant, when I coach his actions come into play, I have been asked by parents to explain to the ball players the ethical aspects of of being a football player and why Brady is not a person to be admired nor his actions respected.

Brady and his actions are a major reason why we have participation trophies and a PC society. I do not care how well or how badly he throws a ball....his actions and how they are received and treated are terrible.

Brady wanted the hero worship, he needed to act like one...that time has now passed.

By no means is he the greatest at anything...just another loser who tried to beat a system he fought for and agreed to.

Incidentally, if you look at the last few posts your buddy Papageorgio directed my way, he was having a terrible meltdown, insisting I give credence to his very unsubstantiated version of the facts and how they should be applied. Bunch of rough tough creampuffs....:itsok:

You are flattering yourself, you aren't worth a melt down, dishonest people never are.

John Madden retired from coaching after 10 seasons finished with 103, the first coach to win 100 in ten seasons, he won a Super Bowl. The greatest NFL coach of all time.

Terry Bradshaw is definitely the toughest and greatest quarterback of all time.

3 1/2 more days until the Atlanta Falcons again prove that.

Toughest? I'll perhaps give you that. Bradshaw was tough as nails. Greatest? Come on get serious! He played on teams that had so many players that became Hall of Famers that it's obvious he had help that none of the others being discussed came close to having. Bradshaw was throwing to Lynn Swan and John Stallworth and handing off to Franco Harris. He had the Steel Curtain Defense giving him field position.

Tom Brady has had to adjust his game to fit a Patriot's offense that has changed over the years according to personnel. He makes players like Hogan LOOK like Lynn Swan when before they were being let go by terrible teams like the Dolphins and Buffalo!

Montana, Elway, Manning, Brady, Marino, Young, Unitas are all in consideration of the best of all time.

If I had to make a Mt. Rushmore of QBs, Montana, Elway, Brady and Manning would be there.

Best of all time, Montana, next would be Manning.

When is the last time you saw Tom Brady play?

Brady has never played in a game, he was acting, just like all the other players in the NFL. The game is rigged and they are all actors.

LA, I would not pay too much attention to weak Willie over here. The guy should go back to selling shoes or whatever it is he needs to do to make himself feel real.

He wants to take the irrelevant innuendo and make them relevant facts when discussing his hero.
Papa don't let Alexis phase you he's just jealous because his Cleveland browns suck.

No but seriously Alex wtf is wrong with you? I argue politics race and religion but never sports. It's just not that important. Want in on a secret. We are laughing at how worked up you and ram get. You are ridiculous.
"worked up" here? Hardly. I call a spade a spade and watch you guys run around like lunatics.

Fact is Brady is a cheater and is celebrated...that is relevant, when I coach his actions come into play, I have been asked by parents to explain to the ball players the ethical aspects of of being a football player and why Brady is not a person to be admired nor his actions respected.

Brady and his actions are a major reason why we have participation trophies and a PC society. I do not care how well or how badly he throws a ball....his actions and how they are received and treated are terrible.

Brady wanted the hero worship, he needed to act like one...that time has now passed.

By no means is he the greatest at anything...just another loser who tried to beat a system he fought for and agreed to.

Incidentally, if you look at the last few posts your buddy Papageorgio directed my way, he was having a terrible meltdown, insisting I give credence to his very unsubstantiated version of the facts and how they should be applied. Bunch of rough tough creampuffs....:itsok:

You are flattering yourself, you aren't worth a melt down, dishonest people never are.
You did crumble down to the floor and cry like a baby....calling me names and making wild accusations much like you did in your previous post, Whiner.

A dishonest person will look at Brady and claim he is anything but a cheater who got caught and destroyed evidence.

Brady and his actions are a major reason why we have participation trophies and a PC society.

Whoa. Now you're blaming Brady for participation trophies and PC? That sounds unbalanced and obsessive. I could perhaps see citing Brady as an example of a symptom of PC culture, but a cause?
no...please find a playmate

Brady and his actions are a major reason why we have participation trophies and a PC society.

Whoa. Now you're blaming Brady for participation trophies and PC? That sounds unbalanced and obsessive. I could perhaps see citing Brady as an example of a symptom of PC culture, but a cause?

No what? No, you didn't mean to say Brady is a major cause of PC and participation trophies? No, you aren't willing to expound on your statement? No, you don't want to make yourself look foolish any more?

No what? No, you didn't mean to say Brady is a major cause of PC and participation trophies? No, you aren't willing to expound on your statement? No, you don't want to make yourself look foolish any more?
no....please find a playmate

You did crumble down to the floor and cry like a baby....calling me names and making wild accusations much like you did in your previous post, Whiner.

A dishonest person will look at Brady and claim he is anything but a cheater who got caught and destroyed evidence.

Never said he wasn't a cheater. I am saying you have a double standard and you absolutely know it.

He is dishonest and a fool, pretty simple to see and he keeps backing himself into corners because of the stupid stuff he says and then cries that we hold him to his words. Hate will do that to you.

Never said he wasn't a cheater. I am saying you have a double standard and you absolutely know it.
No double standard...the facts speak for themselves. Brady is a cheater, a liar and was suspended. He cannot even be considered as the greatest...not even in the same discussion except as an example of someone who squandered their good fortune and chance for glory.

He is dishonest and a fool, pretty simple to see and he keeps backing himself into corners because of the stupid stuff he says and then cries that we hold him to his words. Hate will do that to you.

Papa: "He is dishonest and a fool.."

When a person cannot cogently discuss the issue they resort to personal attacks...:itsok:

No double standard...the facts speak for themselves. Brady is a cheater, a liar and was suspended. He cannot even be considered as the greatest...not even in the same discussion except as an example of someone who squandered their good fortune and chance for glory.

Yet Montana is not a cheater because he wasn't punished by a higher authority. Again, you have a double standard, you just refuse to admit it. The facts as you say speak for themselves. Brady is cheater because a higher authority said so. Montana is not because a higher authority didn't say so, and he admitted it.

It is your standard, not mine.

Papa: "He is dishonest and a fool.."

When a person cannot cogently discuss the issue they resort to personal attacks...:itsok:

I already showed you why you are dishonest. Not my issue that you don't recognize why your position is dishonest.

Yet Montana is not a cheater because he wasn't punished by a higher authority. Again, you have a double standard, you just refuse to admit it. The facts as you say speak for themselves. Brady is cheater because a higher authority said so. Montana is not because a higher authority didn't say so, and he admitted it.

It is your standard, not mine.
Tom Brady was suspended, he lied, he cheated.

Next?

Forum List

Back