Is Trump now FORCED to take Nikki Haley as his VP to unify the GOP? (Poll)

Several problems with this premise. The first one is that the 20% of the Primary electorate (and in fact, only 20% of eligible voters even participate in primaries.) don't represent a love for Nikki but a revulsion for Convicted Felon Trump. Sensible Republicans know that Convicted Felon Trump is destroying the party's credibility. Some of those voters are probably even Democrats, since Biden effectively ran unchallenged.

The Hill's polling average had her beating Biden by 3 points with 17% undecided. Only one very questionable poll had her up by 16%. Another poll had Biden up by 10. here's the thing. There is a very valid argument against Biden in his age. (although the same really applies to Convicted Felon Trump, who is probably in worse health.)

Except, again, you are mistaking an anti- Convicted Felon Trump vote as a vote for Haley.
Just like the Bernie Bros all thought that Bernie doing well in 2016 meant we were all ready to sing The International! when in fact, it was just a disdain for Hillary.
1. Stop spinning GOP. primaries. Your 20% numbers are probably correct, especially in 2024 since Trump had the nomination locked-up early. My wife and I voted for Nikki not because we're repulsed by Trump, but to send Trump a message "that every vote matters". He needs to think why Nikki beat Biden by more than him.

2. The polls were all over the map, but the WSJ should be accurate. Nikki or Desantis would be a welcome return to normal.

Shock new poll has Nikki Haley trouncing Biden by 17 POINTS in a head-to-head for the White House​

3. Here's the thing. We both know Biden is too old and senile to get elected. Calling Trump a convicted felon only gains him votes. My thesis for Nikki includes unifying the Republican Party. I doubt Trump's ego would do the math, so if he loses by a few percent, he deserves to lose. Problem with that is America loses.

You aren't taking into account how the Democrats and their surrogate media have skewed those polls time and again. If Nikki was a viable candidate she would have done much better than 1 or less out of 5 Republican votes.

And now that the weaponized Democrat regime has been exposed for the vile, militarized Marxist organization that it is, Trump is the ONLY reasonable choice for anybody who loves America and Americans. And I'm not sure Nikki is on much of anybody's radar any more. I would rather see someone stronger as VP. If she is the choice Trump gets my vote. If anybody else is his VP he gets my vote.

I trust him to pick somebody as VP who is ready to take over as President if necessary. He knows full well that at his age anything can happen healthwise as well as he is a big target for a deranged assassin. I'm not at all sure that most Americans trust Nikki as a person ready to take over as President.

I could be wrong.
1. Trump had the nomination locked up when my wife and I voted in the PA primary. Trump ignores those votes for Nikki at his peril, every vote matters, and Trump won't win with only 70% of Republicans.

2. Agreed. So who is a stronger VP than Nikki, and by stronger, I mean gets more votes?

3. Nikki was a successful governor, she's capable. Plus she got foreign policy cred at the UN. Plus she beats Biden by more than Trump in a head-to-head matchup.

1. Stop spinning GOP. primaries. Your 20% numbers are probably correct, especially in 2024 since Trump had the nomination locked-up early. My wife and I voted for Nikki not because we're repulsed by Trump, but to send Trump a message "that every vote matters". He needs to think why Nikki beat Biden by more than him.

Actually, 20% is the normal turnout in most primaries. Keep in mind, the President isn't the only thing on the ballot in these states. In my district, we had a Congressional seat, a State's attorney race, and quite a few others that were up for grabs. Primary turnout tends to be low, which is how we get so many awful candidates at all levels.

2. The polls were all over the map, but the WSJ should be accurate. Nikki or Desantis would be a welcome return to normal.

Why would the WSJ be accurate? If Nikki were so popular, she'd have done better.

3. Here's the thing. We both know Biden is too old and senile to get elected. Calling Trump a convicted felon only gains him votes. My thesis for Nikki includes unifying the Republican Party. I doubt Trump's ego would do the math, so if he loses by a few percent, he deserves to lose. Problem with that is America loses.

I don't know that. He's 82. Convicted Felon Trump is 77. They are probably both too old, but Trump is also crazy and evil. So there's that.

Nikki won't get the nomination because the Cult rejected her. When you are in a cult, you never question the cult leader.

Trump was found guilty in Bragg's hush-money case.

That will cost Trump a few percent of voters. How does Trump gain back those few percent?

My recommended choice for VP is Nikki Haley. She still has 15%-20% of GOP voters, I'm one, and that burns Trump's ass. That would set Nikki up for the 2028 presidential contest as the first woman president, easy wins for the GOP in 2028 and 2032.

Trump's ego can't handle Nikki as his VP choice. That is unfortunate. Trump can pick her and win, or pick someone else and lose.

He may have to pick a RINO like he did the first time around but Haley is the LAST RINO he should pick. Even Tulsi Gabbard is a better choice than the warmonger, Haley.

1. Trump had the nomination locked up when my wife and I voted in the PA primary. Trump ignores those votes for Nikki at his peril, every vote matters, and Trump won't win with only 70% of Republicans.
Convicted Felon Trump won't win with 100% of Republicans. Convicted Felon Trump's problem is that too many independents will have too many reservations about his criminality, ethics and sanity.
2. Agreed. So who is a stronger VP than Nikki, and by stronger, I mean gets more votes?
Neither.

Spectacularly good Veep picks don't move the needle. When was the last time someone won because of who they picked as their running mate?

I can't think of a single Veep who was a game-changer in a positive way. In fact, the only time we remember a running mate is when they are particularly bad picks. Even a bad one won't hobble a ticket. Bush Sr. still won with Dan Quayle on the ticket. Sarah Palin didn't turn things around for McCain. I guess maybe Eagleton killed McGovern, but McGovern was already a dead man walking.

3. Nikki was a successful governor, she's capable. Plus she got foreign policy cred at the UN. Plus she beats Biden by more than Trump in a head-to-head matchup.
Except you aren't running Nikki, you are running Convicted Felon Trump.

1. Trump isn't a neocon Zionist?
2. Nikki as president would not be controlled by the swamp
3. Stupid is losing an election when you should win.
4. Does every vote matter or not? Would VP Nikki gain votes in 2024 or not?
1) Trump likely can't be considered a "neocon" but he's certainly a Zionist.
2) Haley is owned by the military industrial complex, lock-stock-and-barrel.
3) True but Trump won the last one but was banned from taking office by the swamp.
4) Haley could very well lose a lot of votes. I'd have to reconsider my support for Trump if he chose a warmonger like Haley.

The point is Nikki gave it her best and still had to drop out early. The enthusiasm for her just isn't there. The votes won't go to the VP. They never have. They go to the guy running for President. So let's hope Trump picks the best possible Vice President willing to take the job. I honestly don't think that is Nikki.

If it is, I'll trust his judgment on that.

Actually, 20% is the normal turnout in most primaries. Keep in mind, the President isn't the only thing on the ballot in these states. In my district, we had a Congressional seat, a State's attorney race, and quite a few others that were up for grabs. Primary turnout tends to be low, which is how we get so many awful candidates at all levels.

Why would the WSJ be accurate? If Nikki were so popular, she'd have done better.

I don't know that. He's 82. Convicted Felon Trump is 77. They are probably both too old, but Trump is also crazy and evil. So there's that.
Nikki won't get the nomination because the Cult rejected her. When you are in a cult, you never question the cult leader.
1. We vote so they don't take our names off the voter rolls if you miss an election or two.

2. Nikki beat Biden by 17-points, that is a wipeout. The WSJ is reputable. IBD is the most accurate, but they didn't publish polls yet.

3. Biden is too old. You may disagree, we'll see how voters feel in November. I'm not pushing Nikki for president but for VP.

1) Trump likely can't be considered a "neocon" but he's certainly a Zionist.
2) Haley is owned by the military industrial complex, lock-stock-and-barrel.
3) True but Trump won the last one but was banned from taking office by the swamp.
4) Haley could very well lose a lot of votes. I'd have to reconsider my support for Trump if he chose a warmonger like Haley.
1. True
2. Her husband is active duty military, she's no "warmonger".
3. Trump lost the last one.
4. Go ahead vote Biden, I dare you. Nikki got 20% of GOP votes in the PA primary, that says Trump needs to mend fences before the election...or lose again.

Convicted Felon Trump won't win with 100% of Republicans. Convicted Felon Trump's problem is that too many independents will have too many reservations about his criminality, ethics and sanity.

Neither. Spectacularly good Veep picks don't move the needle. When was the last time someone won because of who they picked as their running mate? I can't think of a single Veep who was a game-changer in a positive way. In fact, the only time we remember a running mate is when they are particularly bad picks. Even a bad one won't hobble a ticket. Bush Sr. still won with Dan Quayle on the ticket. Sarah Palin didn't turn things around for McCain. I guess maybe Eagleton killed McGovern, but McGovern was already a dead man walking.

Except you aren't running Nikki, you are running Convicted Felon Trump.
1. Trump will beat "too old Joe" in November, that's all that matters. Your bullshit labels aren't sticking.

2. Nikki for VP is a fine choice. Much better than Kamala. Agreed that the VP pick doesn't move the needle, except when it unifies Republicans.

3. You forgot to mention Spiro Agnew!!

4. True, I'd have liked Nikki at the top of the ticket, but when you're running against old Joe Biden it won't matter.

The point is Nikki gave it her best and still had to drop out early. The enthusiasm for her just isn't there. The votes won't go to the VP. They never have. They go to the guy running for President. So let's hope Trump picks the best possible Vice President willing to take the job. I honestly don't think that is Nikki. If it is, I'll trust his judgment on that.
1. Nikki was the last candidate standing v Trump. She did not drop out early.

2. Republican votes did go to her, about 20%, if Trump wants them he needs her as VP.

3. I hope Trump picks a good VP, it could make the difference between winning and losing. A lackey VP loses, a strong VP wins.

1. True
2. Her husband is active duty military, she's no "warmonger".
3. Trump lost the last one.
4. Go ahead vote Biden, I dare you. Nikki got 20% of GOP votes in the PA primary, that says Trump needs to mend fences before the election...or lose again.
I wouldn't vote for Biden if you offered me ten thousand dollars. He's a literal traitor. I'm not Trump's number one fan but I will likely vote for him unless he embraces leftist policies. But picking Haley is a very BAD idea!

1. Nikki was the last candidate standing v Trump. She did not drop out early.

2. Republican votes did go to her, about 20%, if Trump wants them he needs her as VP.

3. I hope Trump picks a good VP, it could make the difference between winning and losing. A lackey VP loses, a strong VP wins.
People who have been analyzing elections for like forever say the VP pick has little if any effect on who people vote for President. But I won't argue the point further. We're on the same team and can disagree on this one without consequence.

1. Trump isn't a neocon Zionist?
2. Nikki as president would not be controlled by the swamp
3. Stupid is losing an election when you should win.
4. Does every vote matter or not? Would VP Nikki gain votes in 2024 or not?
Haley will kiss Trump's ass in the middle of Times Sq at high noon if that seals her loyalty to the subhuman ape so that the convicted felon & future jailbird Trump picks her as his V.P.

And so would Little Marco, J.Dick, Stinkfanik & the rest of his asslickers.

1. We vote so they don't take our names off the voter rolls if you miss an election or two.

2. Nikki beat Biden by 17-points, that is a wipeout. The WSJ is reputable. IBD is the most accurate, but they didn't publish polls yet.

3. Biden is too old. You may disagree, we'll see how voters feel in November. I'm not pushing Nikki for president but for VP.

1. Meaningless. Most people don't vote in primaries, but they do vote in the general.
2. Nikki never beat anyone.
3. Convicted Felon Trump is going to lose. You think the Deep State is going to allow him to win?

1. Meaningless. Most people don't vote in primaries, but they do vote in the general.
2. Nikki never beat anyone.
3. Convicted Felon Trump is going to lose. You think the Deep State is going to allow him to win?
If Trump doesn't win, the US loses big.

"NEVER UNDERESTIMATE JOE'S ABILITY TO FUCK THINGS UP" b.o.

Forum List

Back