🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

ISIS Beheads Another Brit

How much oil is there in Afghanistan?

Afghanistan's an interesting one, why go into Afghanistan?

In relation to oil. First. To be able to attack these oil rich Muslim countries, it helps that they're a really big enemy. So, Afghanistan was the obvious target after 9/11 and it helped Bush spread the word about al-Qaeda and the "War on Terror".

Traditionally Afghanistan was a buffer. The British went into Afghanistan to create a buffer between the British Empire in British India and Russia. This was a time when Russia was growing, Catherine the Great had see some great successes against the Ottoman Empire and was moving further south. Turns out the Russians wouldn't have done anything there anyway, just like the British got kicked out continually.
The Russians made in the 1980s and, well, suffered then left.

I have heard of various other reasons why Bush invaded Afghanistan,

Bush wanted bin Laden's head. That's one reason, enough for an invasion? Not really.

The question the US has always asked since Lebanon in the 1980s is, what are US interests? And does the US benefit from this?

Why Did the United States Invade Afghanistan The Future of Freedom Foundation

This is a good article.

It deals with Afghanistan saying it would turn bin Laden over IF the US provided evidence. It never does, and never has and never will.

"So, the U.S. government’s case against Osama bin Laden was not good enough to take to court, but it was good enough to take the country to war, a war that has killed or maimed countless people who had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. "

"Surveying the evidence, it is clear the Bush administration did not even come close to exhausting its diplomatic options in the fall of 2001 and that some other route could have been chosen to respond to the 9/11 attacks."

"Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, citing officials from the Department of Justice and the CIA, said the real reason the Bush administration reneged on its pledge to release the evidence was a “lack of solid information.”"

This is the main point here.

"The anger arising from the invasion and occupation of the country has created a perpetual supply of terrorist recruits, enabling U.S. officials to use the never-ending “war on terror” to eviscerate the Bill of Rights. And we now have a president who asserts the authority to kill off any person he deems a “threat.” I submit that this claim of unaccountable power represents a far greater threat to the peace and security of the country than any terrorist or group of terrorists could ever pose."

Afghanistan was used as a tool to open the way to the invasions of Iraq and Iran. Iran never happened, Iraq did.

Oil? Oh yeah, it's not in Afghanistan, it's in Muslim countries.

Total BS.

the US bombs any person sitting on oil? news to me

Where have you been? Okay, maybe they don't just bomb.

Here's a story.

2002 Coup d'etat against Chavez in Venezuela (OPEC COUNTRY) helped by the US with funding and encouragement.
2003 Invasion of Iraq (OPEC COUNTRY)
2011 Bombing of Libya (OPEC COUNTRY)
Iran has had sanctions against it from the US because, well, it's an OPEC COUNTRY.

You're looking at the 4 OPEC countries which weren't friendly with the US in 2001.

Then you have issues with Nigeria. Not so much the govt, but the locals.

Here are some websites

THE PRICE OF OIL

"
THE PRICE OF OIL
Corporate Responsibility and Human Rights Violations in
Nigeria’s Oil Producing Communities"

Factsheet Shell s Environmental Devastation in Nigeria Center for Constitutional Rights

"Factsheet: Shell's Environmental Devastation in Nigeria"

Not bombing, and not necessarily all to do with the US govt, but the situation in Nigeria, with the US doing absolutely nothing, because hey, the US has been paying the Nigerian military, paying the Nigerian govt to be on their side, and who cares if an ally is doing all of this? Who cares if international companies that are represented massively in the US are doing this? Not the US govt that's for sure.

By my count, Bush bombed 4, Obama bombed 6.

In relation to oil. First. To be able to attack these oil rich Muslim countries, it helps that they're a really big enemy. So, Afghanistan was the obvious target after 9/11 and it helped Bush spread the word about al-Qaeda and the "War on Terror".

Traditionally Afghanistan was a buffer. The British went into Afghanistan to create a buffer between the British Empire in British India and Russia. This was a time when Russia was growing, Catherine the Great had see some great successes against the Ottoman Empire and was moving further south. Turns out the Russians wouldn't have done anything there anyway, just like the British got kicked out continually.

Bush wanted bin Laden's head. That's one reason, enough for an invasion? Not really.

The question the US has always asked since Lebanon in the 1980s is, what are US interests? And does the US benefit from this?

This is a good article.

It deals with Afghanistan saying it would turn bin Laden over IF the US provided evidence. It never does, and never has and never will.

"So, the U.S. government’s case against Osama bin Laden was not good enough to take to court, but it was good enough to take the country to war, a war that has killed or maimed countless people who had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. "

"Surveying the evidence, it is clear the Bush administration did not even come close to exhausting its diplomatic options in the fall of 2001 and that some other route could have been chosen to respond to the 9/11 attacks."

"Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, citing officials from the Department of Justice and the CIA, said the real reason the Bush administration reneged on its pledge to release the evidence was a “lack of solid information.”"

"The anger arising from the invasion and occupation of the country has created a perpetual supply of terrorist recruits, enabling U.S. officials to use the never-ending “war on terror” to eviscerate the Bill of Rights. And we now have a president who asserts the authority to kill off any person he deems a “threat.” I submit that this claim of unaccountable power represents a far greater threat to the peace and security of the country than any terrorist or group of terrorists could ever pose."

Afghanistan was used as a tool to open the way to the invasions of Iraq and Iran. Iran never happened, Iraq did.

Total BS.

Well I'm glad you got that off your chest. It would be nice if you actually had more to say though. Perhaps backing up your argument a little.

This is a good article.

Total BS.

Well I'm glad you got that off your chest. It would be nice if you actually had more to say though. Perhaps backing up your argument a little.

Afghanistan was invaded to stop bin Laden from mounting another attack on the US. In order to do that, the Taliban that was protecting him had to be taken out of power. Does 911 ring a bell?

So?

By my count the US is the most dangerous country on earth.

I sure do hope so. It is a shame that our enemies consider us weak.

No, I don't think they consider the US weak, just gullible.

In order to grow they needed to be able to attack the US and make them look bad to their own people, they did that in Iraq and Afghanistan. They were crying out for the US to attack ISIS, a bit too much for this to be smart though, ISIS have made quite a few blunders.

They use what the US does against the US. And yet the US fails to see this.

wrong----they consider the US weak and STUPID----afterall-----we have a religion (ie Christianity) which teaches ----'when someone spits in your face----give him a kiss' ------really----I learned the utter scorn muslims from Islamic countries have for this "weird" idea. I heard it SO MANY times---from muslims from various countries----especially south east asia----that by logical statistical analysis----it has to be a commonly held
concept

I believe that there was a bit more to it than 9-11--- in that Bin Laden was already a known danger---remember OLIVER NORTH? ---my take on Afghanistan is that
the white house knew less about the Islamic imperialist
ambitions than do I

This is a good article.

Total BS.

Afghanistan was invaded to stop bin Laden from mounting another attack on the US. In order to do that, the Taliban that was protecting him had to be taken out of power. Does 911 ring a bell?

So?

By my count the US is the most dangerous country on earth.

I sure do hope so. It is a shame that our enemies consider us weak.

No, I don't think they consider the US weak, just gullible.

In order to grow they needed to be able to attack the US and make them look bad to their own people, they did that in Iraq and Afghanistan. They were crying out for the US to attack ISIS, a bit too much for this to be smart though, ISIS have made quite a few blunders.

They use what the US does against the US. And yet the US fails to see this.

This is so simple, and doesn't take into account the many different areas of interest that the US has. Part of the reason, and a small part, was bin Laden.

HOWEVER, if you read that report I presented, or anything else, you'll see that the US govt asked the Afghan regime to hand over bin Laden and they said "okay, if you provide the evidence that he was responsible for 9/11".

Bush couldn't do that. Who extradites anyone without any proof? (The UK maybe, that's about it).

So if the US could have got bin Laden without a war, why wouldn't they have pushed and pushed and pushed to get this? They hardly even tried. They wanted the war. Why? It wasn't for bin Laden.

This is so simple, and doesn't take into account the many different areas of interest that the US has. Part of the reason, and a small part, was bin Laden.

HOWEVER, if you read that report I presented, or anything else, you'll see that the US govt asked the Afghan regime to hand over bin Laden and they said "okay, if you provide the evidence that he was responsible for 9/11".

Bush couldn't do that. Who extradites anyone without any proof? (The UK maybe, that's about it).

So if the US could have got bin Laden without a war, why wouldn't they have pushed and pushed and pushed to get this? They hardly even tried. They wanted the war. Why? It wasn't for bin Laden.

I agree---It was not ONLY for bin laden----it was for the entire CALIPHATE program in Afghanistan-----which was more controlled by THE TALIBAN ----than by Bin Laden and, of course---there were lots of other players----just as there are now. Did anyone say ----or did BUSH say---"I did it for bin laden"????

I agree---It was not ONLY for bin laden----it was for the entire CALIPHATE program in Afghanistan-----which was more controlled by THE TALIBAN ----than by Bin Laden and, of course---there were lots of other players----just as there are now. Did anyone say ----or did BUSH say---"I did it for bin laden"????

Why does the US give a damn who runs a backwards out of the way place like Afghanistan? Does the US care who runs Zimbabwe? Does it care who runs the DRC? Does it care who runs most countries in the world? No, not really.

So why does it care who runs Afghanistan?

Why does the US give a damn who runs a backwards out of the way place like Afghanistan? Does the US care who runs Zimbabwe? Does it care who runs the DRC? Does it care who runs most countries in the world? No, not really.

easy----because within the agenda of the CALIPHATE of Afghanistan----was an ambitious agenda of imperialism and world wide terrorism. Have you ever heard of THE MOGHUL EMPIRE?------I will help you----
it was a caliphate----just as ISIS is (or wished to be) and ---sorta like the OTTOMAN EMPIRE once was----
well---before ataturk ruined things

STABILITY. It is still an important area, with the oil. Oil is the MOST important commodity that we have. Without it, the world would come to a stop.

STABILITY. It is still an important area, with the oil. Oil is the MOST important commodity that we have. Without it, the world would come to a stop.

Bingo.

This was all about OIL. You don't need to have oil in order for the US to target you. But you have to play a part, or you have to be useful for the US to want to use you.

Bingo.

This was all about OIL. You don't need to have oil in order for the US to target you. But you have to play a part, or you have to be useful for the US to want to use you.

Sure, it was definitely partly due to the oil. It is imperative that it is secured for the good of the entire world. Do you not understand that?

That's why I've suggested that we go in and take over the countries with the oil. They are TOO unstable and retarded to run a country and they use the oil as a weapon. They are like spoiled children, and the good of the rest of the world SHOULD take precedence over those savages.

Sure, it was definitely partly due to the oil. It is imperative that it is secured for the good of the entire world. Do you not understand that?

The US being the entire world?

EIA_petroleum_consumption_of_selected_nations_1960-2008.png

The US uses more than China, Japan and India put together, that's a population of 2.4 billion people or so. That's like 1/3 of the world.

Good of the entire world my ass.

The US being the entire world?

EIA_petroleum_consumption_of_selected_nations_1960-2008.png

The US uses more than China, Japan and India put together, that's a population of 2.4 billion people or so. That's like 1/3 of the world.

Good of the entire world my ass.

We ALL use oil. Yes, without oil, the world and the economy would collapse, genius. Good grief!!! You can't be so dense as to think that the United States is the ONLY country to which oil is important!!!

That's why I've suggested that we go in and take over the countries with the oil. They are TOO unstable and retarded to run a country and they use the oil as a weapon. They are like spoiled children, and the good of the rest of the world SHOULD take precedence over those savages.

Oh, and the US is the country that can run things well huh?

Hurricane Katrina.
The post war period in Iraq
Afghanistan in general.

Hell, the US can't even run itself let alone another country. Two parties who bicker more than they actually do anything, an education system the envy of anyone who absolutely no money, universities away from the govt actually have some prestige. Also a lot of people in the country don't trust the govt to run their own country.

I'd rather NORWAY run these countries, and the US, they'd do a much better job.

chris------not a bad idea-------the good news is that the countries that seem to have lots-------are kinda hostile to
lots of people----------ISIS/IRAQ SAUDI ARABIA------the them thar EMIRATES ---------the Saudis and the emirates make slaves out of HINDUS-------a nice potential FIFTH COLUMN

Forum List

Back