Islam is the religion of peace? Sunnis and Shiites hate each other.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
What's up with that? Some feud about who was the true successor of Mohammed and Muslims still can't work it out 1300 years later? 'The religion of peace' yet they don't even have peace among themselves.

What's up with that? Some feud about who was the true successor of Mohammed and Muslims still can't work it out 1300 years later? 'The religion of peace' yet they don't even have peace among themselves.
Exactly. Their 'peacefulness' started with Mo and was then extended to each other shortly after his poisoning....errr......demise. And it's not just Sunni and Shia either, there are other very small groups who are considered infidels too.

Tilly wrote: Their 'peacefulness' started with Mo and was then extended to each other shortly after his poisoning....errr......demise.

Mebbe his wife poisoned him...

... over his foolin' around...

... with that 9 yr. old girl?

Tilly wrote: Their 'peacefulness' started with Mo and was then extended to each other shortly after his poisoning....errr......demise.

Mebbe his wife poisoned him...

... over his foolin' around...

... with that 9 yr. old girl?

Which one? :)

...the tradition about Muhammad’s death, widely propagated by Muslims that a Jewish woman at Khaibar had poisoned him. The story goes like this: a Jewish woman, captured in Muhammad attack of Khaibar, was put on the duty for preparing the meal, and she had put poisoned meat in Muhammad's and his companions' meal to take revenge for the murder of her husband, sons and brothers by Muhammad and his Jihadi companions.

http://www.islam-watch.org/home/112-mohammad/660-why-aisha-poisoned-muhammad-not-jewish-woman-1.html

Tilly wrote: A Jewish woman, captured in Muhammad attack of Khaibar, was put on the duty for preparing the meal...

Sounds kinda fishy to me...

... why would a Jewish woman be...

... put on the duty for preparing the meal...

... after the murder of her husband, sons and brothers by Muhammad and his Jihadi companions?

Makes more sense that his wife poisoned him for messin' around with the 9 yr. old.

Tilly wrote: A Jewish woman, captured in Muhammad attack of Khaibar, was put on the duty for preparing the meal...

Sounds kinda fishy to me...

... why would a Jewish woman be...

... put on the duty for preparing the meal...

... after the murder of her husband, sons and brothers by Muhammad and his Jihadi companions?

Somehow it don't add up.
I couldn't agree more. But, it's in Bukhari Hadith, which is considered the most 'reliable'. However, the other reason it seems unlikely is according to the Hadith, after knowingly being poisoned, the poison took 2-3 years to kill him. Bizarre, but that's Islam :terror:

Just wondering, do the Muslims in America commonly identify as either sunnis or shiite?

JoeMama wrote: Just wondering, do the Muslims in America commonly identify as either sunnis or shiite?

Prob'ly depends on where they're from.

Do they get along well with each other?

Pro'bly depends on whether they have contact with one another...

... or if they discriminate here like they do back home.

I know of a Sunni Muslim...

... he seems to be pretty avid against the Shia's.

Just wondering, do the Muslims in America commonly identify as either sunnis or shiite?

yes----if they are Shiite or sunni--------I have known both. -----for the past 45+ years
Do they get along well with each other?

My interaction with muslims has been at the work place------the people do their work. HOWEVER I did notice the HATRED early on. Kinda interesting to me-----I started working at places with lots of muslims when I was 19 (very long ago) and was fascinated that people who LOOK alike----some speak the same languages and are of the same religion ------sorta----DESPISE each other. . Young medical school graduates do not engage in brawls. They treat patients. My early and continuing impression even before I knew "Shiite" and "sunni" was-----Iranians hate Pakistanis-------I had no idea why for at least a year (disclaimer----Iranians do not speak the same language that Pakistanis speak----but there is a bit of overlap-------bits of Farsi in Urdu)

Forum List

Back