Islamic Community Center Applied For $5 Million Dollar Federal Grant

Haven't seen any Christian human sacrifices. Seems Christians have evolved.

See a lot of Mooslim jihad terrorist attacks. Seems Mooslims have not evolved so much

Every Sunday, millions of christians eat the flesh and drink the blood of their savior, Christ.

Just as "Fish don't know they're wet", Christians don't know their religion is steeped in the blood of human sacrifice.

Again you refer to a Catholic concept. It's best not to lecture on things you have no understanding of. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Eucharist

Once again, you've got nothing by your high and mighty declarations. They don't count for shit. Let me know when you have a specific argument to make.

Do you how many Bible Versions are in existence?

Answer

While there are a number of versions to the Bible. There are 8 primary versions found in history:
Septuagint - 250 A.D. Written in Greek
Vulgate- 400 A.D. First version of the Bible which is canonized at the Council of Carthage in 400 A.D. Written in Latin
Luther's German Bible- 1534 A.D.
King James Version- 1611 A.D. This is the most widely used versions however it has large number of errors given that none of the writers had a decent understanding of Hebrew.
Revised Standard Version- 1952 A.D. Literal translation into American English which used the earliest possible text
New International Version- 1960's & 70's A.D. This is a very good contemporary English version
The Youngs Literal Translation is as close to the originals as you can get, translated by Robert Young in 1898 A.D.

Answer

There are dozens of different English translations of the Bible. Each one chooses different translations of various words to express what the translation's authors felt were most important or most accurate, based on the documents they had at the time.
See the Related Links for more information.
Answer

Originally there were about 11 of them. In England, circa 1800 there was mainly one source of blblical information availabe to the general public. Whenever questions would arise regarding biblical prophecy the people needed to go to the church elders who in turn would refer to their ' Book of Scriptures ' for answers. These inquisitions became somewhat burdensome to the church. In an effort to alleviate the many inquries, King James wanted the people to have their own copy of the scriptures. He then commisioned scholars, scribes and elders to translate the scriptures in to different languages to accomodate the masses from which the King James Version, ' The Holy Bible ' was derived.

Read more: Answers.com - How many different versions are there of the Bible

From a Protestant Perspective in Context. You have touched on a Catholic Perspective.

6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. Defenders Notes >>

The Holy Bible

<< Previous Page

It should be obvious here that Christ is speaking of the symbolic food and drink represented by His flesh and blood; it would be cannibalistic, even if it were physically possible, to actually eat and drink His physical flesh and blood. He made this clear in John 6:63, when He explained: "The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." This spiritual concept was later to be incorporated in the institution of the Lord's supper (1 Corinthians 11:23-26).

Source:

KJV Defenders Study Bible, by Dr. Henry Morris, Ph.D.
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Language: English
DEF 10 ISBN 0-529-10444-x
DEF 10-1 ISBN 0-529-10445-8

The Holy Bible

And another christian demonstrates his ignorance of his own faith and it's history

The Catholics think your "obvious" conclusions about what Christ said are heresy and would have you excommunicated for saying that it wasn't the actual blood and actual flesh of christ.

Non-catholics certainly have the right and the ability to decide for themselves what Christ words mean. In fact, that is the basis of protestantism. However, while they have their own opinions on the proper interpretation of this, they can't have their own facts about the history of their faith.

Christianity is a cult that worships human sacrifice

The Catholic Church does not excommunicate non-Catholics. What they believe is their business. What we believe is ours. See how that works?

We also accept that Muslims, Jews, and a whole bunch of other faiths are as relevant to them as ours is to us. We (Christians Churches) work together with Muslims, Jews and other faiths.

Please don't let facts get in the way of your ranting though. It's entertaining.

Translation: CG doesn't want to admit that she lied and claimed I said that catholics are not christians, so she's going to distract from her lie by creating a straw man about non-catholics being ex-communicated.

And CG wants to preach about how protestants love people of all religions in the hopes we will forget about all those Catholics the protestants killed.

And I bet the Wiccans (ie witches) just LOVED the way you protestants "worked together" to try and kill them all.

Every Sunday, millions of christians eat the flesh and drink the blood of their savior, Christ.

Just as "Fish don't know they're wet", Christians don't know their religion is steeped in the blood of human sacrifice.

Again you refer to a Catholic concept. It's best not to lecture on things you have no understanding of. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Eucharist

Once again, you've got nothing by your high and mighty declarations. They don't count for shit. Let me know when you have a specific argument to make.

Islam is low and weak

Sanga apparently struggles to differentiate between faiths. How embarrassing for her.

And CG again pretends that I said protestants take the sacrament in order to avoid having to admit she was wrong.

CG will never post any quotes from me to back up her lie.

And another christian demonstrates his ignorance of his own faith and it's history

The Catholics think your "obvious" conclusions about what Christ said are heresy and would have you excommunicated for saying that it wasn't the actual blood and actual flesh of christ.

Non-catholics certainly have the right and the ability to decide for themselves what Christ words mean. In fact, that is the basis of protestantism. However, while they have their own opinions on the proper interpretation of this, they can't have their own facts about the history of their faith.

Christianity is a cult that worships human sacrifice

The Catholic Church does not excommunicate non-Catholics. What they believe is their business. What we believe is ours. See how that works?

We also accept that Muslims, Jews, and a whole bunch of other faiths are as relevant to them as ours is to us. We (Christians Churches) work together with Muslims, Jews and other faiths.

Please don't let facts get in the way of your ranting though. It's entertaining.

Translation: CG doesn't want to admit that she lied and claimed I said that catholics are not christians, so she's going to distract from her lie by creating a straw man about non-catholics being ex-communicated.

And CG wants to preach about how protestants love people of all religions in the hopes we will forget about all those Catholics the protestants killed.

And I bet the Wiccans (ie witches) just LOVED the way you protestants "worked together" to try and kill them all.

99% of terrorism is perpetrated by Mooslims, not Christians.

The point has been made over and over. Christianity Itself is divided on the definition of Communion. The argument could not be more specific. Stop being a Sock Puppet. You keep repeating inaccurate information, no matter what evidence you are shown. I have specifically Linked two positions on the matter, Protestant and Catholic. You accuse me of Making High and Mighty Declarations? I merely linked you to Two Contrary Church positions, one Protestant and one Catholic. You are being disingenuous, I am trying to be considerate. How is that worthy of insult? Grow up.

You thanked sanga for his erroneous post because you claimed that Mud's Church believes in the Catholic Doctrine. It does not. You think that attending a few services of other faiths gives you some in-depth understanding of those faiths. It does not. Any more than studying Islam and having Muslim friends makes me an expert on yours. The Catholic Church, for instance, does not take 'bread and wine', we take the host. We believe that the host is transformed into the body and blood of the risen Christ. Mud's faith takes it as more symbolic. These are subtle but important differences between our faiths.

But... it doesn't make my faith better or worse than his.... nor does it mean that yours is any more or less valid. We all choose our own paths and only God knows what is in the heart of an individual.

And here's where CG reveals that I've said nothing inaccurate, and that her problem is with something SunniMan said.

Not that she'll ever admit that I was right when I said that Christianity is a religion that worships human sacrifice, and that christians engage in rituals where they engage in cannabilistic practices. She knows how violent the faith is, but christians are too embarrassed by their violence to admit to it.

You've said a lot - all of it bullshit. However, you're right about one thing. I won't admit that you were right.... because you were not. You're a mindless idiot. I don't have a problem with Sunni - other than the fact that he is too accepting of what his own faith says and refuses to consider alternative views - even from fellow Muslims. And, he refused to address honest questions and chose instead to continue a stupid, childish rant with others. That's his decision, nothing to do with me. I like Sunni, most of the time he is intelligent and articulate. That is more than I can say for you.

Once again, CG claims I'm wrong, but won't back up her claim by posting a quote of mine saying something wrong.

WIngnuts never stand up for their claim because their claims are all lies.

Now, if you could just get past the whole fantasy that the GZ Mosque is not a slap in the face to America, you'd be demonstrating some critical thinking.
Just by using the term "GW Mosque" for the proposed Community Center.

Shows that you are prejudiced and one sided; and not using critical thinking yourself.

Wait a sec.... you just saidd that Catholics aren't Christians. I'm a Catholic and now your calling me a Christian. So which is it? Are Catholics Christians or not? You can't have it both ways.
Many Protestant denominations do not consider Catholics to be Christians.

A few. Not many. And they are entitled to their opinion.

Millions of protestants belong to sects that preach that the Pope is the Anti-Christ and that catholics are not christians.

Protestants are ashamed of their bloody traditions, so they deny their own history and faith

There's nothing funnier than a post extolling the brotherly love christians have for people of other faiths with a Celtic sig line. :lol::lol:

And another wingnut proves she isn't familiar with her own faith. Like I said, christians are notoriously ignorant of their own faith

Wait a sec.... you just saidd that Catholics aren't Christians. I'm a Catholic and now your calling me a Christian. So which is it? Are Catholics Christians or not? You can't have it both ways.

You just got pwned.... by yourself. Congratulations. Idiot.

I'm not surprised, this idiot doesn't know what shes talking about. She probably smokes a pipe packed full of crystal meth before she starts posting on here.

Still better than the donkey sausage you smoke.

Now, if you could just get past the whole fantasy that the GZ Mosque is not a slap in the face to America, you'd be demonstrating some critical thinking.
Just by using the term "GW Mosque" for the proposed Community Center.

Shows that you are prejudiced and one sided; and not using critical thinking yourself.

Brainwashed slaves of allah are not capable of critical thinking, nor is it permitted in fascist Islam.
If you could think, you'd realize what a scam Islam is.

Why I left Islam
By Waleed Al-Husseini

Islam is an authoritarian religion that does not respect the individuals&#8217; freedom of choice, which is easily noticeable from its barbaric verdicts such as stoning the adulterous, pushing the homosexuals off a cliff and killing the apostates for daring to express a different viewpoint. Then there is the plight of other religions&#8217; followers in the Muslim State. Islam urges its followers to fight the infidels until they convert or agree to pay a tax known as "Jizya" per capita in total submission.The sacred texts in Islam also encourage blatant war and conquest of new territories to spread the religion of Muhammad, instead of using peaceful means to convey the message, relying only on a rational argumentative scheme; something that Islam, like any other religion for that matter, evidently lacks. It is simply a terrible insult to human values and a proof of unprecedented dementia.

I was flabbergasted when I learnt the commandments of Islam regarding the alliance and disavowal and the aberrant division of the world into believers and unbelievers, with all the outrageous provisions this implies for the "Dhimmis" and the&#8221; Jizya "!

A man also has the right to correct his wife by beating her and / or deserting the marital bed if she refuses to submit to his will. She has no choice when it comes to satisfying his sexual desire whenever he feels like it, with no regard whatsoever of her feelings and desires. I am not a feminist and I am not one of those who defend women passionately against the countless forms of injustice they have suffered for centuries because of religion, but I have a mother, a sister and a lover and I cannot stand for them to be humiliated and stigmatized in this bone-chilling way, because they are my dearest and I love them too much to treat them with this flawed and nauseating manner which debunks undoubtedly the claim that Islam is a religion of equality and freedom!

All forms of artistic expressions are banned in Islam: music, singing, dancing, painting, sculpture, acting, but also literature, poetry, philosophy and the use of logic!

Muhammad was no different than barbaric thugs who slaughtered, robbed and raped women, there are many proofs in the Sunnah, I invite you to do your homework before accusing me of lying for the sole purpose of damaging the image of the prophet of Islam. He was a sex maniac, and went around all the laws he has enacted to appease his voracious desire. He has torn humanity and imprisoned the nation with backward and outdated Bedouin laws. He accomplished no miracle that could prove his prophecy; all he had was a book showing strong similarities with the poetry of his contemporaries, full of scientific errors and philosophical dilemmas.
Why I left Islam

Many Protestant denominations do not consider Catholics to be Christians.

A few. Not many. And they are entitled to their opinion.

Millions of protestants belong to sects that preach that the Pope is the Anti-Christ and that catholics are not christians.

Protestants are ashamed of their bloody traditions, so they deny their own history and faith

There's nothing funnier than a post extolling the brotherly love christians have for people of other faiths with a Celtic sig line.

Actually, there's nothing funnier than someone from an ape religion badmouthing a monkey religion.:lol:

Islam is responsible for the terrorists.
Nope.

Islam is just a religion.

And is Not responsible of anyone's actions. :cool:

Wingnuts believe in "personal responsibility".............except when they don't

It's like their christian faith; They believe in religion of peace.....except when they don't (which is most of the time)

Christianity doesn't teach mass murder jihad of the infidel, like the religion of peace does

Islam isn't responsible for 9/11

Terrorist are responsible. :doubt:

Nope.

According to Islam no one has free will, and everything happens because Allah wills it. That makes Islam responsible for everything, even what people who are not Muslims do. Islam also seeks to control the lives of not only Muslims, but non Muslims, putting everyone under Sharia Law. That makes it more than a religion.

Islam is responsible for terrorism.

Nope.

I agree.

That makes you wrong. Islam is a social-political system, not a religion. It seeks to control the world, and bring every person under Sharia Law. That is the goal of every Muslim, and Sunni Man has admitted it.

Islam is not a religion.

Forum List

Back