Isn't it time that all kids be home schooled via Skype online classes?

gr-pm-pupilspending-462.gif

In comparison a small monthly Internet charge would be a fraction of the current cost if the parent and the child have the ability to go with an Internet based education.

So, these areas that are diverted, wouldn't they be like schools, only smaller?
If no parent can be home to do this and the kids have to go to the workplace with them, then at the very least they would be nearby if needed. And those areas would only need one adult to supervise just to make sure all students stay at their desks because the teacher online would be interacting as well. And besides that parents should be allowed full access to their son/daughter's online camera and sound at all times allowing them to tune in and/or record their classes and interaction. This would keep teachers from pushing their liberal ideology and keep their focus instead strictly on school subjects and also allow parents to see if their child acts up and needs discipline.

The same should work for other places as well where kids may need to go such as libraries and day cares. Before anyone says something about big brother watching, guess what, cameras are already installed in schools but they're simply used to expose bad behavior of the students, not the faculty. They are also on school buses as well so basically kids are already used to them.

There are no cameras in classrooms. Have a nice day!

Maybe not in public schools but many charter and private schools have them. Our oldest girls school has them in classrooms with students with special needs

Those cameras are all for security. They would be completely useless for instruction.

I simply pointed out there are cameras in classrooms and you will be seeing more of them.

Not in public school classrooms!

So you can teach them to HATE people. You want a religious fascist state.

FUCK YOU!!!!
Teaching children right from wrong is not hate nor is it bigotry. Perhaps no one ever taught you proper language skills so the best thing you can come up with is "FUCK YOU!!!!"

In comparison a small monthly Internet charge would be a fraction of the current cost if the parent and the child have the ability to go with an Internet based education.

Who is going to provide all the instructional materials that are necessary for the daily instruction? Are we gone to have Amazon ships each days school work and materials to the kids by snail mail or are parents going to need industrial grade printers?

Again, what about kids with no internet access?

Who is going to provide all the instructional materials that are necessary for the daily instruction? Are we gone to have Amazon ships each days school work and materials to the kids by snail mail or are parents going to need industrial grade printers?

The Amish generally host their own schools and so do many of the Mennonites (the M's generally have Internet access). Very few are in areas where Internet is not available. Like I said it should be an option. Personally my own mom would have probably been a terrible one to try to have home school with, we were expected to work to build their egg-nest even when we were like four and five years old but that doesn't mean that it is not a good option for many others in today's society. I would have loved to have that option for my children. We lived in a smaller rural town and I hired tutors for my son when teachers and teachers aides were abusive to him. The Internet would have been a great tool for him to learn by back then. As it is now and has been for the last twenty years for him he has been able to teach himself many things that the schools didn't teach him because he didn't fit their mold (he was dyslexic and too much trouble for most of those well paid assholes at the schools)

If no parent can be home to do this and the kids have to go to the workplace with them, then at the very least they would be nearby if needed. And those areas would only need one adult to supervise just to make sure all students stay at their desks because the teacher online would be interacting as well. And besides that parents should be allowed full access to their son/daughter's online camera and sound at all times allowing them to tune in and/or record their classes and interaction. This would keep teachers from pushing their liberal ideology and keep their focus instead strictly on school subjects and also allow parents to see if their child acts up and needs discipline.

The same should work for other places as well where kids may need to go such as libraries and day cares. Before anyone says something about big brother watching, guess what, cameras are already installed in schools but they're simply used to expose bad behavior of the students, not the faculty. They are also on school buses as well so basically kids are already used to them.

Maybe not in public schools but many charter and private schools have them. Our oldest girls school has them in classrooms with students with special needs

Those cameras are all for security. They would be completely useless for instruction.

I simply pointed out there are cameras in classrooms and you will be seeing more of them.

Maybe you should actually read my comment? I said maybe not in public schools...but a quick Google revealed some districts are experimenting with them, a school in NJ had 2 million dollars worth installed, they cover every inch of it except restrooms. Belleville School District in NJ

Due to all the problems facing kids today, I personally think it's clearly time children start learning from home. Let's face it, Skype classrooms are coming at some point. It only makes sense. So why not push to make it happen sooner? Before nay saying this idea, consider the following.

First of all the savings would be enormous. It would cut taxes because no brick and mortar schools would be needed or have to be maintained, it would save on energy costs, no trees would be used to print school books, far less teachers would be needed, no other staff would be needed as well such as administration, cafeteria, and cleaning staff. No nut jobs, terrorists, or pedophiles would be hanging around school yards. No teaching of Islam in the classrooms which liberals are desperately trying to implement nor would they be teaching their ridiculous liberal Marxist ideology of transgender this or that. And there would be no need to buy school buses, pay drivers, purchase fuel, or maintain the vehicles as well!

If parents can't be home to oversee this operation, possibly some of the savings from no longer operating schools and paying all those employees could instead be diverted to companies where parents work as an incentive to set up rooms or areas for employee's kids to take their classes online via Skype. And/or other arrangements could be made such as parents taking turns or day care and libraries could be used. Besides Skype, faxes would be used to transfer homework assignments and tests.

At any rate, I think the benefits of homeschooling would far outweigh that of attending school given the current rising costs of education, terrorism, pedophilia, bullying, bad peer pressure from kids trying to push drugs and sex, and progressive Marxism ideology taught by teachers which is what's being heavily reported these days.

What say you?

there is no legitimate reason to home school unless there's a safety issue

Only if you want your kids to grow up to be anti-social, awkward retards.
Yeah I'm sure you're right. How stupid of me. It would be far better that they become brainwashed by liberal teachers, become drug addicts or sexually active from peer pressure, gunned down, blown up, or raped by pedophiles.

I mean you do realize there are many other ways to socialize kids rather than send them into those situations, right? You know like sports and such?

better they should be morons taught by parents who don't know anything so they are protected from .... science (the horror).

:cuckoo:

Only if you want your kids to grow up to be anti-social, awkward retards.
Yeah I'm sure you're right. How stupid of me. It would be far better that they become brainwashed by liberal teachers, become drug addicts or sexually active from peer pressure, gunned down, blown up, or raped by pedophiles.

I mean you do realize there are many other ways to socialize kids rather than send them into those situations, right? You know like sports and such?

better they should be morons taught by parents who don't know anything so they are protected from .... science (the horror).

:cuckoo:
There is nothing wrong with science twit but there is a problem when greedy dickwads ignore other peoples health and well being for their pocket books can be filled. No one has to believe in anykind of science that is destructive to people, the environment or flat out lies by a few. Crap vaccines and altering DNA or RNA so a few can have control over other people sucks.

Due to all the problems facing kids today, I personally think it's clearly time children start learning from home. Let's face it, Skype classrooms are coming at some point. It only makes sense. So why not push to make it happen sooner? Before nay saying this idea, consider the following.

First of all the savings would be enormous. It would cut taxes because no brick and mortar schools would be needed or have to be maintained, it would save on energy costs, no trees would be used to print school books, far less teachers would be needed, no other staff would be needed as well such as administration, cafeteria, and cleaning staff. No nut jobs, terrorists, or pedophiles would be hanging around school yards. No teaching of Islam in the classrooms which liberals are desperately trying to implement nor would they be teaching their ridiculous liberal Marxist ideology of transgender this or that. And there would be no need to buy school buses, pay drivers, purchase fuel, or maintain the vehicles as well!

If parents can't be home to oversee this operation, possibly some of the savings from no longer operating schools and paying all those employees could instead be diverted to companies where parents work as an incentive to set up rooms or areas for employee's kids to take their classes online via Skype. And/or other arrangements could be made such as parents taking turns or day care and libraries could be used. Besides Skype, faxes would be used to transfer homework assignments and tests.

At any rate, I think the benefits of homeschooling would far outweigh that of attending school given the current rising costs of education, terrorism, pedophilia, bullying, bad peer pressure from kids trying to push drugs and sex, and progressive Marxism ideology taught by teachers which is what's being heavily reported these days.

What say you?
And if you want better send your kid to private school.

The savings on the gas we put in every school bus alone shuttling these kids back and forth 5 days a week for 9 months a year tells me you are spot on 100% correct.

Maybe you should actually read my comment? I said maybe not in public schools...but a quick Google revealed some districts are experimenting with them, a school in NJ had 2 million dollars worth installed, they cover every inch of it except restrooms. Belleville School District in NJ

Cameras in the Classroom: Is Big Brother Evaluating You? - NEA Today

This is why it fails! The Belleville School District school system you mentioned is in deep shit over that decision.

This is why it fails! The Belleville School District school system you mentioned is in deep shit over that decision.

Are there cameras in the classrooms?

That government paycheck must suck when they have to give up every inch of their privacy.

Hell, no. Too few students pay attention -- which is among the most significant reasons they don't master the material being taught -- in class when there's nothing other than the subject matter to which their attention should be directed. Why on Earth anyone would think a kid would be any more attentive when "Skyping" into a class is beyond me. Hell it's college students' are universally sufficiently engaged in class, and they, being adults, are willfully there.
The reality is that people, even kids, fully engage on and excel at things that capture their interest. No surprise there, but in the context of education, the reality is that there are scholastic topics s/he must master that aren't all that interesting to the student. That's just the way things are; one isn't going to be enthralled with everything one must do -- be it scholastically or otherwise -- but that doesn't mean one hasn't an obligation to perform well at it.
Parents who work could pay one stay at home mom to host ten kids who all Skype from their tablets and she helps when they need someone in person.

So, these areas that are diverted, wouldn't they be like schools, only smaller?

Still waiting on you to point out that lie you accused me of. Are you going do like most RWNJs, make a false accusation and then run?

Hell, no. Too few students pay attention -- which is among the most significant reasons they don't master the material being taught -- in class when there's nothing other than the subject matter to which their attention should be directed. Why on Earth anyone would think a kid would be any more attentive when "Skyping" into a class is beyond me. Hell it's college students' are universally sufficiently engaged in class, and they, being adults, are willfully there.
The reality is that people, even kids, fully engage on and excel at things that capture their interest. No surprise there, but in the context of education, the reality is that there are scholastic topics s/he must master that aren't all that interesting to the student. That's just the way things are; one isn't going to be enthralled with everything one must do -- be it scholastically or otherwise -- but that doesn't mean one hasn't an obligation to perform well at it.
Parents who work could pay one stay at home mom to host ten kids who all Skype from their tablets and she helps when they need someone in person.
Oh' the horror of it some people may actually have to have some decent skills to draw a paycheck of some kind....

If it costs $5k per year to send a kid to school give the family $2400 if they go online. Save is $2600 and pay for their internet

You sound so old. Everything online. Paperless.

Forum List

Back