Israeli Christians Think and Do Almost the Opposite of American Evangelicals

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it talks about the settlements I thought this was the best place.
I agree with the maj of the Israel Christians.

New Pew survey finds big differences in political views and religious practices.

Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra

[ posted 3/8/2016 08:01AM ]

In contrast, only 19 percent of Christians actually born, raised, and living in Israel believe that God gave the land of Israel to the Jewish people. Significantly more than half (66%) believe this is not literally true, while another 9 percent don’t know what to think.

And only 12 percent of Christians think the Israeli government is making a sincere effort to bring about peace with Palestinians; 80 percent said there was no sincere attempt. (I agree with them there) They were more generous to Palestine—half of Israeli Christians think the “Palestinian leadership” is making a genuine effort for peace, while 37 percent said it was not.

Israeli Christians are also opposed to the settlements the Jewish state builds in areas such as the West Bank. Nearly 4 out of 5 Christians (79%) say that the continued building of settlements hurts the security of Israel; just 15 percent say such construction helps. In fact, Christians in Israel are more opposed to building settlements than even Muslims in Israel (61%).

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it talks about the settlements I thought this was the best place.
I agree with the maj of the Israel Christians.

New Pew survey finds big differences in political views and religious practices.

Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra

[ posted 3/8/2016 08:01AM ]

In contrast, only 19 percent of Christians actually born, raised, and living in Israel believe that God gave the land of Israel to the Jewish people. Significantly more than half (66%) believe this is not literally true, while another 9 percent don’t know what to think.

And only 12 percent of Christians think the Israeli government is making a sincere effort to bring about peace with Palestinians; 80 percent said there was no sincere attempt. (I agree with them there) They were more generous to Palestine—half of Israeli Christians think the “Palestinian leadership” is making a genuine effort for peace, while 37 percent said it was not.

Israeli Christians are also opposed to the settlements the Jewish state builds in areas such as the West Bank. Nearly 4 out of 5 Christians (79%) say that the continued building of settlements hurts the security of Israel; just 15 percent say such construction helps. In fact, Christians in Israel are more opposed to building settlements than even Muslims in Israel (61%).

The Israeli Christians need to read their Bibles. Or better yet, Ask A Rabbi.

What confession or denomination Israeli Christians believe in? Orthodoxes, catholics?

by the way, most of american "christians" belong to sects.

What confession or denomination Israeli Christians believe in? Orthodoxes, catholics?

There are a variety of Christian sects in Israel, but they're mostly Orthodox. My best friend teaches at an Armenian Orthodox Christian school.

There are a variety of Christian sects in Israel, but they're mostly Orthodox. My best friend teaches at an Armenian Orthodox Christian school.
really? Could you name them? I have not heard any. Know only Jerusalem Orthodox Church, which is not the sect.

Armenian Orthodox Christian school.
Armenian school in Israel?

Jerusalem's Old City is divided into 4 Quarters--Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Armenian (although Armenians are also Christian). There's quite alot of them in Jerusalem. There are also very small amounts of Russian, Ethiopian, and perhaps Greek Orthodox Christians. They all have their own places in the Church of the Holy Sephulcer. (sp.)

Forum List

Back