🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Israel's War Against Hamas - Updates

A Palestinian dentist in Gaza has recounted to the BBC how Israeli intelligence agents spent hours on the phone with him, urging him to evacuate and save hundreds of his neighbors ahead of a series of airstrikes that destroyed a wide swath of apartment buildings in a Gaza City neighborhood.

In the dramatic account published Wednesday, Mahmoud Shaheen, 40, told the UK news service how on the morning of October 19 he suddenly heard a commotion outside his apartment in the middle-class neighborhood of al-Zahra.

“You need to escape because they will bomb the towers,” he recounted someone in the street shouting.

Then his phone rang; it was an unidentified number.

“I’m speaking with you from Israeli intelligence,” Shaheen recounted being told, adding that the man addressed him in flawless Arabic and identified himself as “Abu Khaled.”

“He told me he wanted to bomb three towers… and ordered me to evacuate the surrounding area,” Shaheen said.

Shaheen said he doubted the call was real as there had been widespread cautions on social media warning of fake calls from Israel, so he asked the man to fire a warning shot, hoping both for proof and that the noise would alert anybody who had not yet evacuated.

A warning shot seemingly from nowhere, but perhaps from a drone, hit one of the apartment buildings under threat, he said

“I asked him to ‘shoot another warning shot before you bomb,'” Shaheen said. One more rang out.

Israel sometimes uses missiles without warheads as warnings in a move commonly known as “roof knocking.” However, the practice has been less commonly utilized in the current war.

Shaheen said he then ran around the neighborhood frantically urging all those in the three apartment buildings to evacuate. His building was nearby, but not one of those targeted.

The Israeli caller spent over an hour on the phone with Shaheen reportedly telling him that he would give him time as he did not want anyone to die.

Shaheen said he then asked the caller why Israel wanted to bomb the area as they were just residential apartments.

“He said, ‘There are some things that we see that you don’t see,'” Shaheen said, adding that the caller did not elaborate.

Shaheen said that once he confirmed the area was clear, the man told him they would now bomb the first one, which they did, then all three buildings specified were hit as Israeli aircraft circled overhead.

“This is the tower that we want, stay away,” Abu Khaled said.

When the bombing was over, the Israeli told Shaheen. “We’ve finished… you can go back.”

A bartender who survived the Nova festival massacre by hiding under a stage, smearing her face with blood and pretending to be dead has gone back to the scene - and warned the world to 'wake up' to Hamas.

May Hayat, from Tel Aviv, was one of the first to witness the true horrors of the war - as she watched Hamas gunmen attack the open-air music festival a few kilometres from the Gaza security fence, killing 260 and taking others hostage.

The 30-year-old only escaped after the man hiding in a hole with her had been shot dead - but a Hamas terrorist took pity on her and told her to flee while another argued that they wanted to kill her too.

(full article online )

Read the story here: Campus Reform Student Reporter William Biagini went to Saturday's March for Palestine to film the rally. Angry protesters tried to get police to arrest Biagini for documenting the event as a journalist.

2023-11-08T000000Z_1725470008_MT1LTANA000UNGWR2_RTRMADP_3_AMERICA-ARGENTINA-ASIA-BUENOS-AIRES-ISRAEL-LATIN-AMERICA-MIDDLE-EAST-PALESTINE.jpeg

A display of posters at the AMIA Jewish center in Buenos Aires, Argentina, highlighting the plight of hostages seized by Hamas. Photo: Reuters/Añeli Pablo

More than 50 prominent intellectuals, artists, and politicians in Argentina have endorsed the founding statement of a new initiative created to combat antisemitism and anti-Zionism in the wake of the Oct. 7 Hamas pogrom in Israel.

The statement announcing the formation of the Argentine Forum Against Antisemitism (FACA) was published on Tuesday and widely covered by local news outlets. “We won’t look the other way, we are going to defend Israel and denounce antisemitism,” Sabrina Ajmechet, a parliamentarian and a co-founder of FACA, declared.

Noting that the Hamas pogrom was the worst single atrocity targeting Jews since the Holocaust, the FACA statement observed that Hamas terrorists had committed the “worst atrocities.” It noted that among the more than 200 hostages seized and taken to Gaza, 22 were Argentine nationals.

“They are all victims simply because they are Jews,” the statement asserted.

Since the atrocities, “we have witnessed the intensification of attacks against the State of Israel and the Jews who live both there and in the diaspora,” the statement said, adding that these incidents had been “promoted by those who believe that the State of Israel should not exist and that Jews should be eliminated.”

It added that “sadly, we live in a time when antisemitism grows in our countryand in the world, showing itself in broad daylight. Post-war lessons seem to have been forgotten and today we face dangers that we believed were overcome.” The statement concluded: “Today antisemitism is expressed in the form of anti-Zionism, condemning the existence of the State of Israel and its unequivocal right to defend itself and protect its citizens.”

Among the signatories to the statement are the writers Gonzalo Garcés and Federico Andahazi, philosophers Santiago Kovadloff and Diana Cohen Agrest, and politicians María Sotolano and Waldo Wolff.

Speaking to the Argentine news outlet La Nacion, Kovadloff depicted anti-Zionism as a “genocidal project.”

“It is an expression of fanaticism that ignores Israel’s legal and legitimate right to exist as a state,” he said. “From our forum we will endeavor to join those who dedicate themselves to disrupting that prejudice [and] the violence that prejudice engenders.”

Some 130 tunnel shafts in the Gaza Strip have been destroyed since Israel launched its ground operation last month to dismantle Hamas’s terror infrastructure in the Palestinian enclave, the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday.

On Wednesday, the IDF said troops of the 460th Brigade with engineering forces found a number of tunnel entrances next to a structure with car batteries, which are thought to be hooked up to the tunnel’s air filtration system.

The military also said troops located and destroyed a Hamas tunnel adjacent to an UNRWA school in the Beit Hanoun area in northern Gaza.

The IDF said the 252nd Reserve Division captured the area in recent days, engaging in battles with Hamas operatives and demolishing the terror group’s infrastructure, including tunnels, compounds and launch positions. According to the military, since the beginning of the fighting, the 252nd Division has killed hundreds of Hamas operatives, including senior members, in Beit Hanoun and Jabaliya.

(full article online)

Members of the Druze community in Israel have countless tales of heroism to tell amid the war against Hamas. Soldiers eliminated a terrorist, another freed a hostage, and one participated in the battles defending communities in southern Israel.

The Druze, who see themselves as an integral part of Israel and nurture a love for it, know this is the time to come together. Everyone, both Druze soldiers and residents, have been volunteering since the outset of the war, setting aside political discord and feelings of discrimination by the Israeli government.

The average enlistment rate into the Israel Defense Forces among the Druze community stands at over 80%, much higher than that of the Jewish population.
Since October 7, four Druze soldiers have been killed. Lt. Col. Alim Saad, 40, from Yanuh-Jat, the 300th Brigade’s deputy commander, and Staff Sgt. Jawad Amer, 23, from Hurfeish, an officer in the 300th Brigade, were killed in a clash with terrorists who infiltrated Israel from Lebanon.
Staff Sgt. Daniel Rashed, 19, from Shefa-Amr, a soldier in the Golan Brigade's 13th Battalion, fell in Hamas’ attack, and Lt. Col. Salman Habaka, 33, from Yanuh-Jat, commander of the Armored Corps’ 53rd Battalion, who fought against terrorists in Kibbutz Be’eri, was killed in the fighting in northern Gaza.

One of the many stories is that of 30-year-old Lt. Sadek Saeed, a commander of a Kfir Brigade hospital, who took part in the evacuation of casualties in Kibbutz Be’eri and acted to save as many lives as he could. "On the morning of October 7, I received a phone call about an incident in southern Israel,” he said. “The soldiers were on their way to the base to get ready, and I headed there immediately. While on the road, I saw a military ambulance and joined it right away. From that moment on, every few minutes, wounded began arriving."

(full article online)

We want to see Palestinians free from their other Arab "allies" as well. Allies like Egypt who have barely opened their border with Gaza for aid, let alone commerce. Allies like Saudi Arabia and Jordan have no interest in taking in Palestinian refugees and close their borders to them. Allies like Turkey and Qatar who empower Hamas' reign of terror in Gaza by harboring their leaders. With allies like these, who needs enemies?

We want to see Palestinians free from the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, the most dysfunctional relief organization in the world. A slouching, bloated bureaucracy, UNRWA's senior leadership has been mired in scandal for years, including charges of nepotism, corruption, and sexual misconduct. They have a billion-dollar budget and yet Palestinians remain trapped in an endless cycle of destitution. UNRWA does not work, and it does not serve the Palestinian people.

Finally, we'd like to see Palestinians free from Western academic orthodoxy, the adherents of which naively chant, "from the river to the sea," but who have no meaningful understanding of the history, politics or culture of the middle east. Their virtue signaling is an act of violence because it legitimates those who wield authoritarian violence over Gaza. Their patronizing ideology requires Palestinians to remain forever impoverished, forever victims without agency — rather than a people with a future.

We are unapologetically Zionist, believing that the state of Israel embodies the promise of a homeland free from persecution for the Jewish people. We also want to see Palestinians prosper as a people. This requires Palestinian leadership that is willing to compromise and recognize a Palestinian state alongside a Jewish state. Arab intransigence is not a starting point. Neither is Palestinian terrorism.

And that means ensuring that a future state of Palestine is free of Hamas, free from the corruption of Fatah, from the dysfunction of UNRWA, from the cynical exploitation of so-called allies, and from the idiocy of academia.

From there, we can do more than hope and pray for peace: we can realize it. From the river to the sea.

(full article online)

Below are the video and transcript of a speech given by Melanie Phillips at the Freedom Center’s 2023 Restoration Weekend – held Oct. 26-29 at the Ritz Carlton in New Orleans.

Transcript:
Good morning, everybody. Until Sunday, I was in Jerusalem. And I intend to return there on Thursday if Iran’s missiles will permit El Al to continue running its flights. Although I spend a great deal of time in London, my home is now in Jerusalem. So let me start by giving you a little snapshot of what it’s been like in Jerusalem in the last three weeks when the air raid siren goes.

We have 90 seconds to get into a shelter. And for me, that’s a choice. I have this dialog in my head the whole time. Is it safer for me to go down to the underground car parking lot where there are two shelters equipped with lavatories for a long stay? Or is it safer for me to stay in my stairwell? Because it will take me quite a long time to get to the shelter. And I have concluded that I am safer in the stairwell. I’m looking at the guidance that the Israeli government authorities offer to all of us. Make sure you have in your house or in your shelter enough water for at least three days per person. Make sure you have enough dried goods have with you a battery operated radio. Make sure you have with you a flashlight. Be prepared for a very long stay in the shelter. So I stay in my stairwell and I wonder whether I’m ever going to see my cupboard with my dried goods and my water. In the street, I meet people.

A friend who has five sons underground. Five sons and a son in law on the front lines somewhere. He has no idea where, in the south or in the north. I meet another friend, an elderly man who says in tears: thank goodness, one of my grandchildren, one of my grandsons, was wounded and he’s now home. But the other grandson is on the front line. I don’t know where. Another friend says to me as she burst into tears in the street. She says that her granddaughter was about to be married on the Tuesday after the terrible attack on Simha Torah and the wedding was postponed. The boyfriend, the husband to be, as soon as the sirens went off on that terrible day, he rushed down south. He knew that friends of his were in one of the kibbutzim on that border. He got his gun. He rushed down south and he met there at the kibbutz, a scene of indescribable carnage. And he also met Hamas terrorists roaming around, still murdering people. He killed a very large number of terrorists that day, until he himself was himself was wounded and apparently he collapsed. He was simply exhausted and he was shot. He collapsed into a ditch somewhere and the IDF eventually found him. They thought he was a terrorist and they prepared to shoot him. And then someone said he’s wearing Tzitzit and he was not shot. He was rescued and put into immediate counseling, Immediate counseling because of the trauma of what he had seen.

(full article and video online)

[ Day in, Day out, learned hatred of Jews because Jews are not allowed to be sovereign over Muslims on land once conquered by Muslims. The Culture of supremacy over Jews]

Whoever has a rifle, “shoot a Jew, or give it to Hamas!
”The Quds News Network, which is identified with Hamas, posted this video from a demonstration of female students in Ramallah in the West Bank, waving Palestinian flags and a green Hamas flag. Members of the PA Security Forces are seen guarding the demonstration:

Leader of chant: “[PA President] Mahmoud Abbas, where are you?

”Female students: “[PA President] Mahmoud Abbas, where are you?”

Leader of chant: ”[Hamas spokesman] Abu Ubeida is poking you in the eye…”

Female students: “[Hamas spokesman] Abu Ubeida is poking you in the eye…”

Leader of chant: “They said Hamas is terrorist”

Female students: “They said Hamas is terrorist”

Leader of chant: “[but] the entire West Bank is Hamas!”
Female students: “The entire West Bank is Hamas!”

Leader of chant: “[Whoever has a rifle,] shoot a Jew”

Female students: “Shoot a Jew”Leader of chant: “or give it to Hamas!”

Female students: “or give it to Hamas!”

Part 1

Gershon Baskin is a long-time Israeli peace activist. He did admirable work during the failed Oslo peace process in the 1990s, hoping to forge coexistence between Israel and the Palestinians. After Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat refused peace at Camp David in 2000 and launched a suicidal terror war on Israeli civilians, Baskin, like most of the Israeli “peace camp,” lost a great deal of credibility.

Baskin soldiered on, however, insisting that Israel could and should make peace with the Palestinians, regardless of their terrorism and violence. Proud of his contacts with various Palestinians, he sponsored many initiatives and working groups.

In 2007, he wrote a response to critics whose hostile talkbacks filled the comments to his Jerusalem Post column.

In 2015, along with his Hamas contact Ghazi Hamad, he played a prominent rolein the exchange of IDF soldier Gilad Shalit for over a thousand Palestinian prisoners held by Israel.

However, as a result of seeing Hamad give interviews after the Oct. 7 massacre that made his genocidal hatred of Israelis quite clear, Baskin wrote and published a letter to Hamad breaking off all contact.

The following open letter is my response to Baskin and the wider peace camp.

Dear Gershon Baskin,

You recently published a letter to your Hamas contact Ghazi Hamad, who has notoriously promised, “We will repeat October 7 until Israel is annihilated.”

As a long-time critic of your writings, I would like to respond to this extraordinary document. Although your letter is remarkably honest, allow me to press some points:

First, why did it take you over three weeks to wake up to the genocidal ravings of your supposed friend?

Why do you speak of Hamad as if he has recently changed, rather than simply revealed who he was all along? Does your vanity not permit you to see how, in negotiating such an extravagant exchange with him to return Gilad Shalit, you secured the release of the mastermind of Oct. 7—Yahya Sinwar?

Ponder the feelings of a fellow peace activist, who called his Palestinian friend and asked, “Did you know that Hamas was capable of this?” To which the “man of peace” responded, “Of course. The only ones who didn’t were you stupid Israelis.” This is the man whose assurances you trusted?

Ponder why there are hundreds of miles of tunnels under Gaza, but no public bomb shelters.

Ponder the accusation that you and the peace camp contributed to the calamity of Oct. 7.

And now, if you wish to sincerely pay the debt you owe—not only to the tortured, mutilated, burnt, raped and massacred Israelis on Oct. 7, but also all the Palestinians used as human shields in Gaza—then let me suggest the following to you and all those in the “peace camp” who consistently blamed Israeli unwillingness to sacrifice more land and more security to reach a settlement you were sure would bring peace:

First, get off the moral high ground. You say to Hamad, “You don’t deserve to speak to someone like me.” Really? You’re not a lover betrayed. You and many others got duped for decades by your and our enemies. Your moral narcissism, your pride in your flamboyant good-heartedness, blinded you to a reality that would have made your blithe, fatal confidence impossible. Instead, you slandered those of us who pointed out this reality as right-wing warmongers.

Part 2

Second, sit down and reread the extensive critiques of your peace efforts by people like Ken Levine, Raphael Israeli, Ephraim Karsh, Ofira Seliktarand Golan Lahat. Then go back and read how indignantly you responded to those critiques.

You might even try to read my recent book Can “The Whole World” Be Wrong? (yes, it can), which deals with not only the Oslo folly (chapter 5), but the way in which Western progressives were duped in precisely the same way you were—as you have now publicly admitted—with the same disastrous consequences for them as for us.

Third, spend time on MEMRI and Palestinian Media Watch. Familiarize yourself with the kind of discourse commonly expressed in the Arab and Palestinian public sphere. Evaluate the evidence that the incitement to hatred so prevalent there has the extermination of the Jews as its goal.

Fourth, make it your dedicated task to use the soapbox you’ve built in the “progressive” world to reveal to that world, in extensive detail, why you told Hamad: “You and your friends are directly responsible for the tragedy that is happening to your people. … Millions of Palestinians are paying the price of your hate, your fanatic ideology and your lack of humanity.” Explain how you got it so wrong.

Determine how wide Hamad’s circle of “friends” might be. Does it only include religious “fanatics”? Or does it include secular Palestinian groups like Fatah and the Palestinian Authority? Document how these “friends” sacrifice their own people to their mad determination to wipe out another people.

Explain how you and the rest of the peace camp did nothing to extract the Palestinians from the talons of this death cult. How, instead, you read their painful grip as a manifestation of the Palestinians’ desire to be “free.”

Explain to your fellow compassionate progressives how these jihadis engineer their own people’s misery and death in order to achieve a PR victory in their war of annihilation. Explain how they exploit ourhumane concerns for their people in order to secure such PR victories. Explain that these victories are so highly valued that these jihadis create the terrible suffering and humanitarian catastrophe in order to win them.

Explain how, by bemoaning the loss of the lives we hold so dear—and they do not—by following their lead in blaming Israel, we ensure the prolongation of the jihadis’ bloody, cannibalistic war. Explain that you share a significant burden of guilt for the victimization of the very people you think you want to help.

Explain how, by whitewashing the jihadis—in the service of diplomacy to be sure—the peace camp gave them the fig leaves necessary to cover up their genocidal intentions, even as, by holding Israel responsible, you gave wings to their raving accusations that we are committing genocide. Explain how you have tilled the soil and now we all have to reap what you have sewn.

I’m sure you can understand why some might believe you have blood on your hands.

Having awoken on the wrong side of the moral arc of history, rise and get on the right side.

About a week after the October 7 massacre, I passed a large group of people in an airport who were waiting to check in for a flight to Cairo. One of the women ostentatiously clocked the Jewish star I wear around my neck and started whispering with her compatriots. As I walked by, she shouted at me, “Palestine will be free!”

I chuckled as I walked to my gate, thinking, Not if Egypt has anything to say about it.

Before October 7, I would have considered this whole scene to be wildly offensive. A stranger shouting an anti-Israel slogan at me, holding me responsible for the actions of the Israeli government simply because I am a Jew.

But in the post–October 7 world, I had a different reaction: let her scream.

It’s uncomfortable to be barked at by strangers. It’s not pleasant to find out that your classmates will not condemn the murder of your people, or to hear thousands of them gleefully chanting the slogans of a genocidal death cult committed to your erasure from this planet. It’s unsettling to know that your peers have adopted a worldview that allows them to convince themselves that you are the bad guy, you are the privileged monster who wants babies to burn—even as they justify and celebrate the burning of Jewish babies.

It is scary to realize that the same administration that “protects” your fellow students from every perceived slight and insult will side with them against you as they literally call for your annihilation. It can be deeply isolating to open social media and see post after post calling your people the perpetrators of the exact forms of murderous violence that was done to them not three weeks earlier. And it is maddening to watch those who hate us and wish violence upon us fashion themselves as victims—even as heroes.

But that feeling you get when you are facing those things down, that quickening of your heart rate, the flush on your face, the chill down the spine—these unpleasant sensations are what courage feels like. They are the physical symptoms of a moral compass that works, the manifestations of pride in who you are, of the fact that despite millennia of calls for our murder, we’re still here. You’re still here.

Treasure those feelings. Do not cower. Do not tremble.

I’m not suggesting you put yourself in actual danger. The assaults on Jewish students at Harvard and UMass are crimes and should be prosecuted as such. On Sunday, 69-year-old Paul Kessler dared wave an Israeli flag on a Thousand Oaks street corner and died after being assaulted. His murderer should spend his life behind bars.

But the worst thing that could come out of this moment would be for Jews, especially Jews on campus, to embrace the victimhood narrative that their peers subscribe to—and that universities large and small have reified in sprawling DEI bureaucracies. That worldview is a large part of what has brought us to this moment.

So do not cast your lot as a competitor in the oppression Olympics. Instead, reject that entire way of looking at the world.

Here’s the thing: it’s good to be unpopular with a mob whose worldview has done away with the concept of right and wrong and decided, with a Nazi-like commitment to racial ideology, that you are Jewish and therefore you are white and therefore you are bad. It is good to be unpopular with people who spent the weeks after October 7 on the hunt for Jewish exaggeration, Jewish lies, Jewish crimes. It is good to be unpopular with people who cannot separate evil from power and virtue from skin color. (Unpopularity, for now, is your fate, unless you are willing to cosign your own humiliation and join the left’s token “good Jews” who advocate against Zionism from the comfort of the diaspora for plaudits from the Squad.) We don’t answer to them; we answer to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Rock of Israel and its Redeemer.

The good news is: it may not feel like it, but this country is on your side. College students are in one of vanishingly few spaces in America that sides with Hamas. Your professors will live and die in irrelevance, signing their names to their silly little letters and coming up with new jargon with which to defend terrorism while nurturing their grandiose hero complexes. Most of your peers will grow up and abandon their radical chic commitments. The progressive movement has taken a big hit, having shown its true colors to a nation that knows what is good and what is right, that can separate barbarism from civilization.

But for now, remember this: to be a Jew is to refuse to kneel and refuse to bow. The stakes of standing upright have never been clearer than they are today, in this post–October 7 world. It’s good to have these people as your enemies, because the world will always have people who oppose what’s right and what’s good, and it is our destiny to fight them. Do it with pride.

Forum List

Back