It is ethical & legal to like or to dislike specific traits including color whether some race has it

northpolarbear

Oct 3, 2015
It is ethical & legal to like or to dislike some specific traits including color whether some race happens to have that color in skin or not.

You are entitled to your preference. You shouldn't have to like the color black "just because" some race has that color as the skin. You can dislike that color "regardless" of some race having that color as the skin. If that African American can't handle that, which is legitimately your right, then he or she is just a dictator which you are neither legally nor morally obligated to. Don't feel bad about it. You are entitled to what you like or dislike.

As for forcefully avoiding or twisting your way around just so that you can become a friend with someone, that depends on whether you want to become friends or not. As for me, I don't want to become friends with such people who can't handle that & who would force that "even if" they were "perfect" in other traits like personality & principle (still not wanted as friends). Since I don't want to be friends with them, I would not avoid such preference. Also, it is an infringement of right & it is not wanted to avoid such preference "just so they can feel better" at the expensive of my mental effort I should not have to suffer; it is an infringement of my right. I am very picky about friends. I don't like making friends.

Legal yes. Can be a bigot and hate everyone but yourself but no good reason.

Ethical? Not so much a matter of ethics unless your bigotry then results in an action against those you don't like. More a function of morality. Moral? no.

I uh, don't think there are "like police" around enforcing what has to be "liked".
Not sure what the point is here.

Say what? Is English your first language? because your points aren't at all clear

Say what? Is English your first language? because your points aren't at all clear

Seems to me he's conflating personal preference and racism.

To prefer the company of some set of people (personal preference) is not the same as to believe some set of people is inferior (racism). At least I have to assume that's what his conflation is, because if it's not that then I have no clue.

Seems to me he's conflating personal preference and racism.

To prefer the company of some set of people (personal preference) is not the same as to believe some set of people is inferior (racism). At least I have to assume that's what his conflation is, because if it's not that then I have no clue.

That's just my point. We don't have a way of telling what he is trying to argue because his writing is so unclear.

It is ethical & legal to like or to dislike some specific traits including color whether some race happens to have that color in skin or not.

You are entitled to your preference. You shouldn't have to like the color black "just because" some race has that color as the skin. You can dislike that color "regardless" of some race having that color as the skin. If that African American can't handle that, which is legitimately your right, then he or she is just a dictator which you are neither legally nor morally obligated to. Don't feel bad about it. You are entitled to what you like or dislike.

As for forcefully avoiding or twisting your way around just so that you can become a friend with someone, that depends on whether you want to become friends or not. As for me, I don't want to become friends with such people who can't handle that & who would force that "even if" they were "perfect" in other traits like personality & principle (still not wanted as friends). Since I don't want to be friends with them, I would not avoid such preference. Also, it is an infringement of right & it is not wanted to avoid such preference "just so they can feel better" at the expensive of my mental effort I should not have to suffer; it is an infringement of my right. I am very picky about friends. I don't like making friends.

Hi NPB if you're still out there...my opinion is that when it comes to race and friends, people should be able to do what they wish, as long as they do not violate anyone.

-

Forum List

Back