It is just getting worse. the lies of 2006 have come full circle, time to own up libs

America is coming back after the worst economic disaster, created by Bush and the far right wing of the GOP, in eighty years.

No more neo-conservatism, no more free-wheeling businesses.

Jake, the meltdown wasn't created overnight, it wasn't just a "Bush did it" thing. The meltdown was decades in the making and cultural in its DNA. It was a massive building of torque within our financial system, fed by virtually all of us, that had to break at some point.

It was a little more complicated than something we can just blame on one specific group of people, especially to make some kind of political statement.

In fact the meltdown was in my opinion a 100% self inflected wound by the free market. Loaning people wealth who could not pay it back put so many in a place (BofA Lehman etc...) that they had no cash, just junk assets
No-one really in Washington did anything to cause that no matter what Jake says
cash is king and it takes cash to pay your bills

AIG went from 1700 a share to 1.00 a share in weeks

Thankfully W and congress had enough sense to stop the bleeding
if not holy shit what a mess

These trying times we face today have had time to mend. there is no plan and all of the focus post crash was on O-Care, not Job-care

America is coming back after the worst economic disaster, created by Bush and the far right wing of the GOP, in eighty years.

Jake, the meltdown wasn't created overnight, it wasn't just a "Bush did it" thing. The meltdown was decades in the making and cultural in its DNA. It was a massive building of torque within our financial system, fed by virtually all of us, that had to break at some point.

It was a little more complicated than something we can just blame on one specific group of people, especially to make some kind of political statement.

The OP blamed one person....the only President who had no impact on the crash....for the symptoms of the crash. You said bupkis in reply.

Way to be non-partisan.

Yes, the crash was the result of deregulation that took place over decades and was helped along by Clinton.

But it was definitely Bush who managed it.

The OP blames one person?
Libs are one person?
Press are on person?
COngress are one person?
De regulation caused nothing
greed caused 100% of it

If the wealth loaners manage there wealth caorrectly we would be in a much better place and BHO probably would never had got elected

Allowing B of A to bundle up secure mortages and sell them as a type of security or a fund is not a bad thing until it becomes worthless
They became worthless due to the fact that in one security 10% of the assets were defaulting

De regulation had nothing to do with that
Bad business had everything to do with it
they should have thrown the bad ones in prison for a very long time
problem is they really did nothing wrong

Jobs moving to china can be stopped mining clean coal, drilling for gas and oil, shipping and refining same
thus jobs created to support that industry stay right here

you cannot stop people from buying from wall mart. That is no-ones fault but our own

More bullshit, the bubble started decades ago. Economists were predicting a crash of the magnitude of 2008 back in the 90's. you could not have a boom when stocks were 100's of time over inflated, you could not have people mortgaging 125-150% of their homes values, you could not have such over spending without a crash. The truth is both parties set this up for over 80 years and stupid people bury their head in the sand over the real facts.

Stop the lies. The GOP took over in 1994 and had complacent presidents for 12 years and only added fuel to the fire.

The neo-cons and corporatists have to stop the lies, because the American people know you folks are the responsible ones.

are you just a shit-stirrer or are you really as dumb as your posts?

BTW, is obama's buddy Immelt of GE a corporatist? Has he shipped jobs to china? is he up obama's ass? is obama up his ass?

The OP blamed one person....the only President who had no impact on the crash....for the symptoms of the crash. You said bupkis in reply.

Way to be non-partisan.

Yes, the crash was the result of deregulation that took place over decades and was helped along by Clinton.

Libs are one person?
Press are on person?
COngress are one person?
greed caused 100% of it

If the wealth loaners manage there wealth caorrectly we would be in a much better place and BHO probably would never had got elected

Allowing B of A to bundle up secure mortages and sell them as a type of security or a fund is not a bad thing until it becomes worthless
They became worthless due to the fact that in one security 10% of the assets were defaulting

Holy crap, LL is still posting to me personally even though he knows his posts don't appear on my screen. Creepy, creepy, creepy. I've come to the conclusion that since I don't respond it makes him "feel" like he's "won" the argument. Yikes. Whatever works for ya, pal.

Anyway JRK, the meltdown was a decades-long combination of ineffective regulation, poor choices by politicians, pure old corporate greed, and a social culture of greed as well. Buy shit on credit, buy far more than you need, buy more home than you can afford, leverage your equity to the hilt, on and on. But no politician will say that because they'll fucking lose votes.

The meltdown was a long process, a team effort, a self-inflicted wound, replete with terrible political leadership on multiple levels and soaked with both personal and corporate greed. In other words, most of us were culpable in one way or another. But no one looks in the mirror, we can't have that. Much easier to just blame someone else.

Last edited:

In fact the meltdown was in my opinion a 100% self inflected wound by the free market. Loaning people wealth who could not pay it back put so many in a place (BofA Lehman etc...) that they had no cash, just junk assets

These trying times we face today have had time to mend. there is no plan and all of the focus post crash was on O-Care, not Job-care

The melt down was inflicted by the GOP congress and Dem allies from 1994 to 2006.

That's how it will be taught in the history books.

No more neo-conservatism, no more corporatism.

The melt down was inflicted by the GOP congress and Dem allies from 1994 to 2006.

you are so wrong its laughable. WTF do you think obama is engaging in when he bails out car companies and wall street if not corporatism. what is it when he helps his contributer Immelt send GE jobs to china?

you use terms that you don't even know the meaning of.

IF the history books tell the truth (and thats doubtful) they will teach that obama was the worst president in our history. But since libtardians write history books and the teachers union reads them to young minds, Obozo will probably be portrayed as the savior of the USA and the entire world and demand that the world be renamed-obama planet.

the left worship of this failed clown is incredible. :cuckoo:

2006? Who controlled both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court? Whose policies had been in place for years? nuff said.

Things turned downward when the Democrats took the House. They got even worse when they got the Senate and the White House.

Way to be non-partisan.

Libs are one person?
Press are on person?
COngress are one person?
greed caused 100% of it

Holy crap, LL is still posting to me personally even though he knows his posts don't appear on my screen. Creepy, creepy, creepy. I've come to the conclusion that since I don't respond it makes him "feel" like he's "won" the argument. Yikes. Whatever works for ya, pal.

Anyway JRK, the meltdown was a decades-long combination of ineffective regulation, poor choices by politicians, pure old corporate greed, and a social culture of greed as well. Buy shit on credit, buy far more than you need, buy more home than you can afford, leverage your equity to the hilt, on and on. But no politician will say that because they'll fucking lose votes.

The meltdown was a long process, a team effort, a self-inflicted wound, replete with terrible political leadership on multiple levels and soaked with both personal and corporate greed. In other words, most of us were culpable in one way or another. But no one looks in the mirror, we can't have that. Much easier to just blame someone else.

You idiot. Everyone can see my posts but you....and you say I am posting to you personally. The quote feature is not a whisper. I will respond to your posts for my pleasure and for the benefit of others.

Clearly....you wish to communicate with me....or you would not keep trying that "creepy" hit and run bullshit. It has already been established that nobody cares.

Last edited:

you are so wrong its laughable. WTF do you think obama is engaging in when he bails out car companies and wall street if not corporatism. what is it when he helps his contributer Immelt send GE jobs to china?

you use terms that you don't even know the meaning of.

IF the history books tell the truth (and thats doubtful) they will teach that obama was the worst president in our history. But since libtardians write history books and the teachers union reads them to young minds, Obozo will probably be portrayed as the savior of the USA and the entire world and demand that the world be renamed-obama planet.

the left worship of this failed clown is incredible. :cuckoo:

We are not talking about Obama in this thread but how we got here.

History books will teach the truth that the TPM started good then went to the special interests and ended up in loonyville.

And the history books will tell the full truth about the groups with folks like you who threaten America: the truth is not pretty.

The only difference I can see between Bush/GOP and Obama/Democrats is...ObamaCare.

Seriously.

Nothing else has changed. Bush's domestic spying continues. Detainees are still in Gitmo. Muslims are still being killed by drones and US troops. Bush's wrecked economy is still wrecked.

The abortion rate is unchanged. Taxes went up for rich people a little bit. Waterboarding stopped, as far as we know. The too big to fail banks are even bigger. We bitch slapped Syria.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was a Republican in the White House right now.

Whose policies had been in place for years? nuff said.

For years? Obama's! He got 100% of every law he asked for which he claimed would "solve" all of our economic woes. So far, all they've done is cause the national debt to skyrocket, the cost of energy prices to skyrocket, unemployment to skyrocket, poverty to skyrocket, and taxes to skyrocket. In short, his policies have done what liberal policy has over 100 years of doing world wide - created FAILURE and COLLAPSE.

Obama asked for the Recovery and Re-Investment Act... he got it

Obamas asked for the Omnibus spending bill... he got it

Obama asked for Obamacare... he got it

Obama asked for Dodd Frank Finance Reform Bill... he got it

and literally hundreds more. On top of that, he illegally circumvented Congress on hundreds of other bills by creating laws unconstitutionally via Executive Orders.

In the history of the U.S., no president has had as much of his will forced down the throat of America than Barack Obama. And all we have to show for his entire ideology being pushed on America is FAILURE.

The only difference I can see between Bush/GOP and Obama/Democrats is...ObamaCare.

Seriously.

Nothing else has changed. Bush's domestic spying continues. Detainees are still in Gitmo. Muslims are still being killed by drones and US troops. Bush's wrecked economy is still wrecked.

The abortion rate is unchanged. Taxes went up for rich people a little bit. Waterboarding stopped, as far as we know. The too big to fail banks are even bigger. We bitch slapped Syria.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear there was a Republican in the White House right now.

It really illustrates just how radically liberal George W. Bush was - doesn't it?

If you didn't know better, you'd swear a Democrat occupied the White House from 2000 - 2008.

Seriously.

Oh - don't forget to add that under Obama, we went from SECOND in the entire world on the indeix of economic freedom to SEVENTEENTH. How tragic....

Seriously.

what did GWB do to ruin the economy?
the UE rate was 5% until 08
it has been wrecked sense
And no there is a huge difference in a defict of 162 billion (last gop budget) and well over 1 trillion, every dem budget

Whose policies had been in place for years? nuff said.

For years? Obama's! He got 100% of every law he asked for which he claimed would "solve" all of our economic woes. So far, all they've done is cause the national debt to skyrocket, the cost of energy prices to skyrocket, unemployment to skyrocket, poverty to skyrocket, and taxes to skyrocket. In short, his policies have done what liberal policy has over 100 years of doing world wide - created FAILURE and COLLAPSE.

Obama asked for the Recovery and Re-Investment Act... he got it

Obamas asked for the Omnibus spending bill... he got it

Obama asked for Obamacare... he got it

Obama asked for Dodd Frank Finance Reform Bill... he got it

and literally hundreds more. On top of that, he illegally circumvented Congress on hundreds of other bills by creating laws unconstitutionally via Executive Orders.

In the history of the U.S., no president has had as much of his will forced down the throat of America than Barack Obama. And all we have to show for his entire ideology being pushed on America is FAILURE.

and a plie of debt
no jobs
90 million out of the work forace
it is as bad as it gets
Benghazi
IRS doing his dirty work (more came out today)
Syria killing people with guns okay now for 3 years

Seriously.

what did GWB do to ruin the economy?
the UE rate was 5% until 08
it has been wrecked sense
And no there is a huge difference in a defict of 162 billion (last gop budget) and well over 1 trillion, every dem budget

Since. The word is since. Dammit!

And.....you are funny. You have the ability to skip shit. Cool.

Forum List

Back