It looks like Trump fired Preet Barrarah because Veselnitskaya asked him to

It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

I didn't pretend anything, jackass.

Res Judicata is for civil cases what double jeopardy is for criminal cases.

Once there is a verdict or settlement by the court, no further actions can be taken, other than to appeal the verdict on legal grounds, ie errors in law.

Whether there is an admission of guilt, or no admission, the case is closed, over, fine', the end, over and out, finished, cerrado, that's all folks.

& i'm sure mueller is very interested to hear what mr. bharara has to say in the matter as well.... since he was fired.. (& as comey was & did ) he is free to testify any which way being that he is a private citizen now... :popcorn:
What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Just admit that you're an idiot and your life will be a lot easier.
Trump's Personal Lawyer Bragged That He Got US Attorney Preet Bharara Fired
Preet was fired at the same time as every other Obama holdover was fired.
Preet WAS ALREADY TOLD, he would be kept on by the Trump administration as prosecutor in the southern district of NY by both President Trump and Jeff Sessions, in person, just a month or so before he was fired.

Preet WAS ALREADY TOLD, he would be kept on by the Trump administration as prosecutor in the southern district of NY by both President Trump and Jeff Sessions, in person, just a month or so before he was fired.

Trump praised what a great great, truly wonderful job Prett was doing. Until Trump found out he was responsible for the $230 million fraud case against the Russian company.

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan
11/30/2016 12:35 PM EST

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Conversely it looks like all the attorneys were fired to cover the firing of Bharara.

I find Jeff Sessions settling this case for less than 3 cents on a $1, with no admission of guilt, to be most telling of all. Who always settles with no admission of guilt? Why Trump of course. It's standard operating procedure for him.

According to foreignpolicy.com, even Ms. V was surprised at the generosity of the settlement terms.
WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

The most corrupt admin of all time! Sessions needs to be questioned on this.....imo.

DUHHH prove intent, or any thing at all loooosssseeeerrrrsss. This is another same old thread. Damn what a waste of bandwidth. And where is the connecting line of evidence? There is NONE in fact everyone on earth Knows the reason for the firing but you, and it has nothing to do with any thing not even a White Russian with a bomb.

I will give you a little info though, When Trump falls there will be NO joy in liberal lala land because when he goes you piles of dogshit go too, and in a massive way that will make your little tears today look like the happiest days of your miserable lives. Your damn messiah set in motion something that you idiots are too shallow, monoplanic and ignorant to see coming. The funny thing is that you liberals and your pets will be the most adversely affected while most of us conservatives will simply change a few things and thrive, ALL because of your MESS-I-AH, I thank him for setting in motion your demise even though I hate to see the aftermath.

Last edited:
The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

Here's a better analysis of the plot.

Clue: the Obabble Admin, Clinton Family Crime Syndicate, and the Dems were the ones who were actually colluding witht the Russians

Articles: The Russian Collusion Story: The Acme of Fake News
Collusion is the more political aspect; conflicts of interest are the capital aspect.

DUHHH prove intent, or any thing at all loooosssseeeerrrrsss. This is another same old thread. Damn what a waste of bandwidth. And where is the connecting line of evidence? There is NONE in fact everyone on earth Knows the reason for the firing but you, and it has nothing to do with any thing not even a White Russian with a bomb.

It is no longer a line, but a tangled web. We have threads connecting Trump Jr to the Prett Bharara firing through the Russian attorney, and back again to collusion to help get Trump Sr elected.

This reads like a dime store mystery novel. And we're nowhere near the last chapter.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Is bripat9643 in this thread trying to represent himself as some kind of expert on law?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Does he have a law degree to be able to do that?!!?!?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Is it legal to give legal advice without a law degree!?!??!

:terror:

Here's what "no admission of guilt costs"

Judge approves $25M settlement in Trump University fraud case

A federal judge has closed the book on the Trump University legal battle — at least for now.

U.S. District Judge Gonzolo Curiel gave his final approval Friday to the $25 million pact that averted a trial between Trump and thousands of his disgruntled former students late last year.

Plaintiff lawyers have said the settlement is a good deal for the students who spent thousands of dollars on nationwide seminars they called worthless infomercials with high-pressure sales tactics.

The settlement is expected to return about 90 cents on the dollar to the roughly 3,730 class members who submitted claims by the deadline, the lawyers said.

90 cents on the dollar

Compare to the deal the Russian lawyer got paying only 4 cents on the dollar.
Tax cuts for the rich and social benefits cuts for the poor; coincidence, or conspiracy and collusion?

It is no longer a line, but a tangled web. We have threads connecting Trump Jr to the Prett Bharara firing through the Russian attorney, and back again to collusion to help get Trump Sr elected.

This reads like a dime store mystery novel. And we're nowhere near the last chapter.

Yeah a dime store fantasy of lies and conjecture, YOU HAVE NOTHING WHATSOEVER BUT FANTASY!! The LAST CHAPTER IS MUCH CLOSER THAN YOU KNOW!!

Is this the cart before the horse, or the horse before the cart?

Did Trump arrange for the Russian company to settle their money laundering case for 4 cents on the dollar in return for Russias help with the stolen emails?

Just what was exchanged in that June 2016 meeting?

Is this the cart before the horse, or the horse before the cart?

Did Trump arrange for the Russian company to settle their money laundering case for 4 cents on the dollar in return for Russias help with the stolen emails?

Just what was exchanged in that June 2016 meeting?

I don't get why the lawyer wanted to talk to Don Jr. and gang about adoption laws in the first place when they were in no position to do anything about it.

Where is the fine and wonderful health care plan the Capitalist of the Right, promised when campaigning?

Truth in campaigning laws may be in order.

Yeah a dime store fantasy of lies and conjecture, YOU HAVE NOTHING WHATSOEVER BUT FANTASY!! The LAST CHAPTER IS MUCH CLOSER THAN YOU KNOW!!

I have a $224 million windfall, or what I might call payoff to the company represented by the same lawyer, who offered Russian government help to elect Donald Trump. Carried out by the folks at DOJ that Trump put in place to get Prett Bharara out of the way, making the deal possible.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Is bripat9643 in this thread trying to represent himself as some kind of expert on law?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

So far all his legal advise has been wrong.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

So far all his legal advise has been wrong.

Oh I no, I'm giving him a hard time because when I talk about the legal stuff I learned while getting my degree he goes off on the deep end accusing me breaking some law. :lmao:

How much has our Capitalist in Chief made, simply from the public emolument of being President of our Republic?

How much new open interest was created in new business contracts, simply because Mr. Trump is president.

Last edited:
What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

Trump was advised that keeping him around wasn't a good idea, so he changed his mind. Keeping any lying, backstabbing Obama-appointed piece of shit is a mistake.

I don't get why the lawyer wanted to talk to Don Jr. and gang about adoption laws in the first place when they were in no position to do anything about it.

This is where the background comes in handy.
Russian lawyer sergei magnitsky was exposing Russian money laundering, and wound up dead.
Congress blamed Putin, and passed the magnitsky act

Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012, is a bipartisan bill passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by President Obama in November–December 2012, intending to punish Russian officials responsible for the death of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky in a Moscow prison in 2009.

In response to the sanctions the act imposed, Vladimir Putin stopped the adoption of Russian babies by US citizens.

The Russian lawyer has been trying to get the Magnitsky act repealed, or it's effects nullified by executive order.

Forum List

Back