It looks like Trump fired Preet Barrarah because Veselnitskaya asked him to

A hill of beans would have been worth $230 million
They settled for a $6 million mohill.
So what? It was undoubtedly some attempt by the Obama Injustice Dept to shake down a foreign corporation for cash that it could dole out to its favorite leftwing propaganda organs. That's why Sessions settled. Shaking down corporations for cash that he could use for illicit purposes was one of Obama's favorite activities.

Obama US attorney Prett Bharaba was after $230 million in money laundering.

Prett got fired by Trump, and his replacement and/or Trumps handpicked AG, settled for 4 cents on the dollar, with no admission of guilt. Even the russian lawyer was surprised.

Asking for outrageous amounts is common practice with douche bag prosecutors. It's how they scare companies into settling even when they are innocent. Nothing any of Obama's attorney's did can be accepted at face value.

The First Law of Holes: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Just admit that you're an idiot and your life will be a lot easier.
Trump's Personal Lawyer Bragged That He Got US Attorney Preet Bharara Fired
Preet was fired at the same time as every other Obama holdover was fired.
Preet WAS ALREADY TOLD, he would be kept on by the Trump administration as prosecutor in the southern district of NY by both President Trump and Jeff Sessions, in person, just a month or so before he was fired.
------------------------------------------- so what , TRUMP changed his mind and fired mrobamas boy , whats the big deal Care4 ??
the connection between hiring him, then finding out the Russian government Lady Lawyer that Junior, Manafort, and Kushner met with for dirt on Hillary or the DNC ...

needed the money laundering Russian firm she was defending in court with Preet Bhahara overseeing prosecution, settled out of court so not to bring bad publicity against the Russians and ultimately President Trump....

AND Trump obliged, by firing Preet and then getting Sessions to make the NYC Russian case trial go away! dirty dirty dirty!

This lady Russian govt lawyer, after finding out they were able to settle for only 6 million vs the nearly 250 million, said IT WAS A HUGE MONETARY GIFT for her clients!!!!
--------------------------------------- thanks for your reply Care4 !!

seems to me that what needs to happen is that TRUMP needs to be charged and then tried , otherwise everything is just speculation . Until something illegal is PROVEN after going to court it seems to me that TRUMP has the RIGHT to fire this mrobama appointed guy Care4 .
yes, the President can fire whom he pleases when he pleases in a position like Preet's...

But this also could be for ill gotten reasons and hopefully Mueller will check it out.... it could be another dot, connecting the whole picture of what really happened between the Russians, our election process, and President Trump's campaign team, and Pres Trump himself....

seems to me that what needs to happen is that TRUMP needs to be charged and then tried , otherwise everything is just speculation . Until something illegal is PROVEN after going to court it seems to me that TRUMP has the RIGHT to fire this mrobama appointed guy Care4 .

An article of impeachment is the manner in which a POTUS is charged, it is an indictment by the H. of Rep - acting as a Grand Jury - obviating pre trial hearings and holding the POTUS to Answer before the trier of facts, the Senate.

I doubt any president of the United States would fire Mr. Mueller, given the outrage following the Saturday Night Massacre:

The Saturday Night Massacre refers to U.S. President Richard Nixon's orders to fire independent special prosecutor Archibald Cox, which led to the resignations of Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus on October 20, 1973, during the Watergate scandal.
saturday night massacre summary - Google Search

Of course Trump is not just any POTUS, he's dumber than most, impulsive and believes himself to be invulnerable.

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

They fired all the Federal attorneys numb nuts...as every administration does.....this asswipe refused to resign......like all the others did, so Trump had to fire him.

And guess what, numb nutz...someone else takes over that case...it doesn't go away....

TRUMP is a different kinda cat . Myself , I'd like to see the lefty dems go to work on and in their big city heck holes for a couple weeks of outrage . See Baltimore where my friend Konrab lives . It could do with a renovation same as most dem run cities . ------------------------------ thanks for the comments on impeachment and i think that there are a few dems , a Black southern dem guy and a White guy dem from Orygun . There are probably more like 'mad maxine' but the 2 i mention may actually have papers or Articles drawn up , i don't know for sure WCatcher .

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

They fired all the Federal attorneys numb nuts...as every administration does.....this asswipe refused to resign......like all the others did, so Trump had to fire him.

And guess what, numb nutz...someone else takes over that case...it doesn't go away....
nope, he told Preet, he was keeping him....then a few months later he reneged in order to pay back the Russians and lady govt russian lawyer for their help in getting him elected, more than likely.... Mueller should find out, one way or the other....

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan

11/30/2016 12:35 PM EST

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”

The plot thickens.

So I guess people are supposed to ignore the fact the case was handled by a competent federal prosecutor and overseen by a competent federal judge. And the fact that the settlement was for 10 times the amount the government alleged was brought into US jurisdiction.

Yep, you have to ignore the facts before your conspiracy theory holds up, but facts always seem to confuse regressives.

Last edited:
It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

I'm not the one claiming that not admitting guilt is something unusual, you fucking douche bag snow flake. .

It's not about it being usual or not, but you said that it's done to prevent being sued for the same thing a second time.

That's stupid on so many levels. Your complete legal ignorance is bound by stare decisis
Yes, according to your fellow douche bag snowflake, dragon lady, who says it's unusual and somehow sinister. That's what the subject of this discussion is. You're doing the typical leftwing ploy of harping on a trivial irrelevant detail so you can declare victory.

needed the money laundering Russian firm she was defending in court with Preet Bhahara overseeing prosecution, settled out of court so not to bring bad publicity against the Russians and ultimately President Trump....

It may not be about embarrassment, but a payoff, or quid pro quo for the Russian release of the hacked emails.

Russian government help to get Trump elected is what was offered for the meeting with Trump Jr.

Soon after getting into office, Trump fires the only one standing in the way, and puts Sessions in charge of cutting the $230 million dollar fine, down to $6 million

That's like giving the Russian government $224 million. Easily more than enough to pay back what the release of the emails was worth.
ROFL! When you have some actual facts instead of your feverish fantasies, let us know. Until then, it's a great big:

enjoy-your-trump-russia-nothingburger-nothingburger-cnn-24287253.png

The plot thickens.

nope, he told Preet, he was keeping him....then a few months later he reneged in order to pay back the Russians and lady govt russian lawyer for their help in getting him elected, more than likely.... Mueller should find out, one way or the other....

11/30/2016 12:35 PM EST

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”
He changed his mind after a number of people educated him about taking a viper into his bosom.

That's the end of the story.

I also never claimed to be a legal expert.

But you did.

Really? Where?

It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

Explain how the plaintiff can pursue further legal action. F. Lee Barely

I really don't give a damn, douche bag. The point is such clauses are common, contrary to the dribblings of dragonlady, the self proclaimed legal expert.

I know you want to harp only on the irrelevant issue you think you can win and ignore the claims made by your fellow douche bag snowflake, but I'm not interested in playing that game.

A hill of beans would have been worth $230 million
They settled for a $6 million mohill.
So what? It was undoubtedly some attempt by the Obama Injustice Dept to shake down a foreign corporation for cash that it could dole out to its favorite leftwing propaganda organs. That's why Sessions settled. Shaking down corporations for cash that he could use for illicit purposes was one of Obama's favorite activities.

Obama US attorney Prett Bharaba was after $230 million in money laundering.

Prett got fired by Trump, and his replacement and/or Trumps handpicked AG, settled for 4 cents on the dollar, with no admission of guilt. Even the russian lawyer was surprised.

Asking for outrageous amounts is common practice with douche bag prosecutors. It's how they scare companies into settling even when they are innocent. Nothing any of Obama's attorney's did can be accepted at face value.

The First Law of Holes: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
What "hole" is that, moron?

yes, the President can fire whom he pleases when he pleases in a position like Preet's...

But this also could be for ill gotten reasons and hopefully Mueller will check it out.... it could be another dot, connecting the whole picture of what really happened between the Russians, our election process, and President Trump's campaign team, and Pres Trump himself....
I'll gotten reasons? What the hell is that? It doesn't matter what his reasons are. He can fire them for any reason he likes. The simple fact that Obama appointed him and that he's a Democrat is reason enough.

I really don't give a damn, douche bag. The point is such clauses are common, contrary to the dribblings of dragonlady, the self proclaimed legal expert.

Once again

Explain how they can take further legal action F. Lee Barely.

I'll gotten reasons? What the hell is that? It doesn't matter what his reasons are. He can fire them for any reason he likes. The simple fact that Obama appointed him and that he's a Democrat is reason enough.

NOPE. If Trump wanted to fire a number of US Attorneys because they were Jewish. That would be illegal. If he wanted to fire a number of US attorneys because they were Mexican descent, that would be illegal. If Trump wanted to fire the US attorneys who refused to pledge their loyalty to him, that would be illegal.

Conversely it looks like all the attorneys were fired to cover the firing of Bharara.

I find Jeff Sessions settling this case for less than 3 cents on a $1, with no admission of guilt, to be most telling of all. Who always settles with no admission of guilt? Why Trump of course. It's standard operating procedure for him.

According to foreignpolicy.com, even Ms. V was surprised at the generosity of the settlement terms.

Once again, all you proved is that you're an idiot who knows nothing about the topic under discussion.

It is NOT standard operating procedure to provide no admission of guilt. In fact, the opposite is true. In order to settle cases you have to admit to guilt, especially in criminal cases like money laundering.

I starting working in the field of law in 1980 and spent 35 years working as a law clerk for some of the largest and most respected firms in the world. What's your legal background?

Trump never admits guilt. It's part of his scorched earth policy when dealing with law suits. He pulls every trick on the book to drag out cases, forcing those suing him to spend more and more money on legal fees until they can't afford to continue, then he settles for pennies on the dollar with no admission of wrong doing.

Honest businessmen abhor law suits because, as one construction industry client said "I can make more money completing new projects than I can tied up in court dealing with lawsuits. The only people who make money in lawsuits are the lawyers".

Yeah, Nolo Contendre is a term never once used in jurisprudence.

You Nazis are so fucking smart...

Once again

Explain how they can take further legal action F. Lee Barely.

Do you grasp the concept of "prejudice," Vinny?

MV5BODYyNWQwMTUtM2ZmOS00NWJjLTkzMzctYWMwNmNkYmUzNWJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

It looks like Ted is dumb enough to believe everything he reads.

I find it hilarious how morons find the internet to be gospel

The plot thickens.

Forum List

Back