It looks like Trump fired Preet Barrarah because Veselnitskaya asked him to

Yeah, Nolo Contendre is a term never once used in jurisprudence.

You Nazis are so fucking smart...

In the Trump university suit, Trump made no admission of guilt, but he paid the plaintiffs 90% of what they lost. So it was hardly a pennies on the dollar settlement, unless you consider ninety pennies on the dollar a good deal.

It looks like Ted is dumb enough to believe everything he reads.

I find it hilarious how morons find the internet to be gospel
The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

Well you know how infallible the Soros hate sites are...

Preet was fired at the same time as every other Obama holdover was fired.

Conversely it looks like all the attorneys were fired to cover the firing of Bharara.

I find Jeff Sessions settling this case for less than 3 cents on a $1, with no admission of guilt, to be most telling of all. Who always settles with no admission of guilt? Why Trump of course. It's standard operating procedure for him.

According to foreignpolicy.com, even Ms. V was surprised at the generosity of the settlement terms.
It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

Once again, all you proved is that you're an idiot who knows nothing about the topic under discussion.

It is NOT standard operating procedure to provide no admission of guilt. In fact, the opposite is true. In order to settle cases you have to admit to guilt, especially in criminal cases like money laundering.

I starting working in the field of law in 1980 and spent 35 years working as a law clerk for some of the largest and most respected firms in the world. What's your legal background?

Trump never admits guilt. It's part of his scorched earth policy when dealing with law suits. He pulls every trick on the book to drag out cases, forcing those suing him to spend more and more money on legal fees until they can't afford to continue, then he settles for pennies on the dollar with no admission of wrong doing.

Honest businessmen abhor law suits because, as one construction industry client said "I can make more money completing new projects than I can tied up in court dealing with lawsuits. The only people who make money in lawsuits are the lawyers".

Yeah that bitch you just quoted is DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS. I plead nolocontender to my crimes that sent me to prison. There was ZERO admission of guilt just an admission that I had no desire to fight the charges.

Democrats are dumber than an excon. Funny shit if it wasn't so pathetic

In the Trump university suit, Trump made no admission of guilt, but he paid the plaintiffs 90% of what they lost. So it was hardly a pennies on the dollar settlement, unless you consider ninety pennies on the dollar a good deal.

Trump U was a scam. like millions of others that use get rich quick schemes. It was entirely legal, but a scam.

Trump U was a scam. like millions of others that use get rich quick schemes. It was entirely legal, but a scam.

With ONE major difference.......
The orange lardo president IS the scammer.......
Someday, even idiots like you will realize that....

Since the Trump University case only involved money, rather than somebody getting injured or killed, it was a civil, rather than a criminal matter.

I'll gotten reasons? What the hell is that? It doesn't matter what his reasons are. He can fire them for any reason he likes. The simple fact that Obama appointed him and that he's a Democrat is reason enough.

NOPE. If Trump wanted to fire a number of US Attorneys because they were Jewish. That would be illegal. If he wanted to fire a number of US attorneys because they were Mexican descent, that would be illegal. If Trump wanted to fire the US attorneys who refused to pledge their loyalty to him, that would be illegal.
seems to me that what needs to happen is that TRUMP needs to be charged and then tried , otherwise everything is just speculation . Until something illegal is PROVEN after going to court it seems to me that TRUMP has the RIGHT to fire this mrobama appointed guy Care4 .
yes, the President can fire whom he pleases when he pleases in a position like Preet's...

But this also could be for ill gotten reasons and hopefully Mueller will check it out.... it could be another dot, connecting the whole picture of what really happened between the Russians, our election process, and President Trump's campaign team, and Pres Trump himself....
I'll gotten reasons? What the hell is that? It doesn't matter what his reasons are. He can fire them for any reason he likes. The simple fact that Obama appointed him and that he's a Democrat is reason enough.
--------------------------------------------------------------------- thats how i see it , if you don't like mrobamas 'preet' jerk then just get rid of him .

Yeah that bitch you just quoted is DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS. I plead nolocontender to my crimes that sent me to prison. There was ZERO admission of guilt just an admission that I had no desire to fight the charges.

Nolo Contender is roughly called no contest, or I do no fight the charges. It is different from pleading guilty in that it's not a full admission of guilt. Meaning a plea of guilty can be used in a civil trial as proof of guilt, leaving only a question of damages, while a plea of nolo contender can't. And guilt has to be established at trial.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- thats how i see it , if you don't like mrobamas 'preet' jerk then just get rid of him .

Just as long as your reason, or non-reason isn't discriminatory. Which can be established if there is a pattern that can be established to the more likely than not standard.

Nolo Contender is roughly called no contest, or I do no fight the charges. It is different from pleading guilty in that it's not a full admission of guilt. Meaning a plea of guilty can be used in a civil trial as proof of guilt, leaving only a question of damages, while a plea of nolo contender can't. And guilt has to be established at trial.
Pretty sure that's what I just said but ok?

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

They fired all the Federal attorneys numb nuts...as every administration does.....this asswipe refused to resign......like all the others did, so Trump had to fire him.

And guess what, numb nutz...someone else takes over that case...it doesn't go away....
nope, he told Preet, he was keeping him....then a few months later he reneged in order to pay back the Russians and lady govt russian lawyer for their help in getting him elected, more than likely.... Mueller should find out, one way or the other....

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan
11/30/2016 12:35 PM EST

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”

No....obama minions started leaking government secrets and attacking him...he cleaned them out and as a normal process asked them to resign...it happens in all administrations......then preet simply refused to resign like all the others.......

You really are a dumb human being.

It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

Explain how the plaintiff can pursue further legal action. F. Lee Barely

I really don't give a damn, douche bag. The point is such clauses are common, contrary to the dribblings of dragonlady, the self proclaimed legal expert.

Once again

Explain how they can take further legal action F. Lee Barely.

You can harp on that until doomsday, but as I already explained to you, I'm not playing your game. That issue is trivial and irrelevant. Why else would you harp on it?

NOPE. If Trump wanted to fire a number of US Attorneys because they were Jewish. That would be illegal. If he wanted to fire a number of US attorneys because they were Mexican descent, that would be illegal. If Trump wanted to fire the US attorneys who refused to pledge their loyalty to him, that would be illegal.
Oh puhleeze. You are so tiresome.

& i'm sure mueller is very interested to hear what mr. bharara has to say in the matter as well.... since he was fired.. (& as comey was & did ) he is free to testify any which way being that he is a private citizen now... :popcorn:
What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Just admit that you're an idiot and your life will be a lot easier.

Nobody is questioning Trump's authority to fire Bharara. Just his reason.

The guy was an Obama stooge no further reason was needed.

Forum List

Back