It looks like Trump fired Preet Barrarah because Veselnitskaya asked him to

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

The plot thickens.

Here's a better analysis of the plot.

Clue: the Obabble Admin, Clinton Family Crime Syndicate, and the Dems were the ones who were actually colluding witht the Russians

Articles: The Russian Collusion Story: The Acme of Fake News
Collusion is the more political aspect; conflicts of interest are the capital aspect.

Capital Aspect? Link to where meeting with a source to get Oppostition Reserach during a Political Campaign qualifies as a conflict of interest for someone who is not even an elected official?
It is about conflicts of interest. Mr. Trump has no problem making himself richer and the poor, poorer, by Institutional means.

Just because you have the FEELZ about something doesn't make it true.
Projecting much? That is public policy, advanced by the One Percenter of the right wing.

It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

Explain how the plaintiff can pursue further legal action. F. Lee Barely

I really don't give a damn, douche bag. The point is such clauses are common, contrary to the dribblings of dragonlady, the self proclaimed legal expert.

Once again

It's standard for settlements to include a clause stating no admission of guilt. Without that, the plaintiff can pursue further legal action.

Explain how they can take further legal action F. Lee Barely.

You can harp on that until doomsday, but as I already explained to you, I'm not playing your game. That issue is trivial and irrelevant. Why else would you harp on it?

In other words, you haven't the first clue so you're going to pretend it doesn't matter and you don't care.

we have a SCAM ARTIST for president, and the ass-kissing right wingers can simply and only come up with a "so?"

Amazing proof of their "intellect" ......LOL

Explain how the plaintiff can pursue further legal action. F. Lee Barely

I really don't give a damn, douche bag. The point is such clauses are common, contrary to the dribblings of dragonlady, the self proclaimed legal expert.

Once again

Explain how they can take further legal action F. Lee Barely.

You can harp on that until doomsday, but as I already explained to you, I'm not playing your game. That issue is trivial and irrelevant. Why else would you harp on it?

In other words, you haven't the first clue so you're going to pretend it doesn't matter and you don't care.
No, I simply don't care. It's a side issue and it's utterly trivial, the Mr Postal thinks he can win that one, so he will harp on it rather than your moronic claim that there's something sinister and sleazy about putting a clause in a settlement that says the defendant does not admit guilt.

we have a SCAM ARTIST for president, and the ass-kissing right wingers can simply and only come up with a "so?"

Amazing proof of their "intellect" ......LOL
Someone who voted for the biggest scam artist on the entire planet is calling Trump a scam artist.

You can't make this stuff up.

& i'm sure mueller is very interested to hear what mr. bharara has to say in the matter as well.... since he was fired.. (& as comey was & did ) he is free to testify any which way being that he is a private citizen now... :popcorn:
What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

we shall see, won't we? wouldn't you want to see him grilled & how he handles it? unless of course you are afraid, little dude.....

What would they ask? He was fired. End of story.

If there was anything more to the story, why hasn't he come forward?

This must be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted. We cannot allow a slippery con artist family like the Trump Klan to normalize such treasonous behavior.

What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Just admit that you're an idiot and your life will be a lot easier.
Trump's Personal Lawyer Bragged That He Got US Attorney Preet Bharara Fired
Preet was fired at the same time as every other Obama holdover was fired.

Conversely it looks like all the attorneys were fired to cover the firing of Bharara.

So Obama was guilty of a crime when he fired all of Bush's US attorneys?

What was he covering up?

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Conversely it looks like all the attorneys were fired to cover the firing of Bharara.

What was he covering up?

Another willfully blind Trumpsters...

"In January, I met with Vice President Pence and White House Counsel Donald McGahn and asked specifically whether all U.S. attorneys would be fired at once," the California senator said in a statement. "Mr. McGahn told me that the transition would be done in an orderly fashion to preserve continuity. Clearly this is not the case."

The law enforcement source said it is understood that it's customary for a new administration to ask for resignations, but "you don't tell them to clean out their desks the same day effective midnight tonight. There are people traveling on official business -- are they supposed to turn into their cell phones today? Can they come into their office tomorrow to check email?"
Trump administration dismisses 46 US attorneys - CNNPolitics.com
[/QUOTE]

& i'm sure mueller is very interested to hear what mr. bharara has to say in the matter as well.... since he was fired.. (& as comey was & did ) he is free to testify any which way being that he is a private citizen now... :popcorn:

we shall see, won't we? wouldn't you want to see him grilled & how he handles it? unless of course you are afraid, little dude.....

What would they ask? He was fired. End of story.

If there was anything more to the story, why hasn't he come forward?
Mewler hired a guy who Trump fired, and these snowflake scumbags are constantly accusing Trump of having a conflict of interest.

What was he covering up?

"In January, I met with Vice President Pence and White House Counsel Donald McGahn and asked specifically whether all U.S. attorneys would be fired at once," the California senator said in a statement. "Mr. McGahn told me that the transition would be done in an orderly fashion to preserve continuity. Clearly this is not the case."

The law enforcement source said it is understood that it's customary for a new administration to ask for resignations, but "you don't tell them to clean out their desks the same day effective midnight tonight. There are people traveling on official business -- are they supposed to turn into their cell phones today? Can they come into their office tomorrow to check email?"
Hmmmmmm, so?

What was he covering up?

I see your liberalism has affected you ability to read. I'll put the text you quoted in red, bold it and underline it so you can concentrate on it.

That happened. If you don't think it did, that's simply a matter of opinion.

Suck it up, buttercup!

You can question all you like. It doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

A hill of beans would have been worth $230 million

They settled for a $6 million mohill.

WTF is a mohill? Are you developmentally challenged?
This guy claims to have a law degree, and he doesn't even know the phrase is "mole hill."

He probably think is something like "mohair".

Someone who voted for the biggest scam artist on the entire planet is calling Trump a scam artist.

Exactly WHO is currently a PROVEN scam artist?????

Take your time, change your diaper and go chase car bumpers before you answer, midlleFingerbaby ????

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

Way to butcher the guy's name in the thread title!

Nobody is questioning Trump's authority to fire Bharara. Just his reason.

The guy was an Obama stooge no further reason was needed.

Yes he had the authority to fire him,and perhaps no reason is needed for you, but in light of how it relates to the russian situation a lot of others might want to know the reason

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

They fired all the Federal attorneys numb nuts...as every administration does.....this asswipe refused to resign......like all the others did, so Trump had to fire him.

And guess what, numb nutz...someone else takes over that case...it doesn't go away....
nope, he told Preet, he was keeping him....then a few months later he reneged in order to pay back the Russians and lady govt russian lawyer for their help in getting him elected, more than likely.... Mueller should find out, one way or the other....

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan
11/30/2016 12:35 PM EST

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”
He changed his mind after a number of people educated him about taking a viper into his bosom.

That's the end of the story.
A VIPER? He's been one of the MOST EFFECTIVE prosecutors of criminals on Wall Street and the MOB in all of our lifetimes! SHAME ON YOU! Disparaging him like that..!!!!

Forum List

Back