It looks like Trump fired Preet Barrarah because Veselnitskaya asked him to

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.
"looks like"?.....Jesus Christ...SMH

They fired all the Federal attorneys numb nuts...as every administration does.....this asswipe refused to resign......like all the others did, so Trump had to fire him.

And guess what, numb nutz...someone else takes over that case...it doesn't go away....
nope, he told Preet, he was keeping him....then a few months later he reneged in order to pay back the Russians and lady govt russian lawyer for their help in getting him elected, more than likely.... Mueller should find out, one way or the other....

Trump opts to keep Preet Bharara as U.S. attorney for Manhattan

11/30/2016 12:35 PM EST

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”
He changed his mind after a number of people educated him about taking a viper into his bosom.

That's the end of the story.
A VIPER? He's been one of the MOST EFFECTIVE prosecutors of criminals on Wall Street and the MOB in all of our lifetimes! SHAME ON YOU! Disparaging him like that..!!!!

I think every political appointee should resign the night after the election and turn over the job to the highest ranking non-political appointee left. If they aren't good enough, they shouldn't be in the job in the first place.
EVEN IF the new president wants to keep them?

and I TOTALLY Disagree with you...They should stay in their jobs until they are replaced, especially attorney generals or prosecutors... CHAOS is NOT what we need in our Nation....nor should we believe that our justice system is UNJUST for our citizens when someone of a different political party is filling that position.... that's just plain wrong.
They should go when the President tells them to go, and not one second later. The last thing a new president needs is a bunch of dead-enders eager to do whatever they can't to sabatage the new administration. We've already seen how that works.

TRANSLATION: I have no evidence that this actually happened. But I really, really hope it did. So I'll talk about it as though it were fact, and see if I can fool anybody into believing me.

Never mind that most lawsuits get settled without an admission of guilt, whatever the issue is, and whether a prosecutor gets fired or not.
The issue is that Preet Bhahara/ the southern District of New York, was just a couple of days away from trial against these Russian scumbag money launderers asking for $230 million dollars on behalf of the American Businessmen that were hurt by this firm doing the money laundering.... A lot of hours...a year's worth, went in to the preparation for this trial, and two days before the Trial was to begin, Jeff Sessions had the Southern District, settle with the Russian Firm, who had this lawyer lady who met with Donny Junior...Veselnitiskaya representing them...

And the settlement was for ONLY $6 million dollars, with not admitting to guilt as an even better perk...so they can continue to operate more than likely....

$6 million vs the $230 MILLION for goodness sake....

the Lawyer Lady is on record of saying this $6 million settlement WAS A GIFT!!!!

and boy oh boy, there is a real possibility, it is a gift, in the form of a payoff!

& i'm sure mueller is very interested to hear what mr. bharara has to say in the matter as well.... since he was fired.. (& as comey was & did ) he is free to testify any which way being that he is a private citizen now... :popcorn:
What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
The reason is there is no reason. Atty's general serve at the pleasure of the President.
POTUS has absolute discretion to hire and terminate for this position.
Yes yes yes..I get it. On planet liberal , there is ALWAYS a conspiratorial coincidence.

When discussing Trump, I can easily accept that there may be no logical reason, but to say there is no reason at all is more than I can accept. I'm not sure why Trump et.al has told so many lies to cover up something that is not worth investigation.

& i'm sure mueller is very interested to hear what mr. bharara has to say in the matter as well.... since he was fired.. (& as comey was & did ) he is free to testify any which way being that he is a private citizen now... :popcorn:
What difference could it possibly make what a former disgruntled employee has to say?

You hang on to that thought as long as you can. Unless Trump can come up with a valid reason for firing him, it's gonna be hard not to believe it was just to please his Russian overlords.
He doesn't need one! If the guy has a problem he can take trump to court.

Whether you think he needs a reason or not, the investigation will look into that situation anyway.
Well I don't think there is an actual investigation

He doesn't need one! If the guy has a problem he can take trump to court.

Whether you think he needs a reason or not, the investigation will look into that situation anyway.
Well I don't think there is an actual investigation

That's OK. Mueller doesn't care if you believe he is investigating. He'll keep doing it anyway.

They fired all the Federal attorneys numb nuts...as every administration does.....this asswipe refused to resign......like all the others did, so Trump had to fire him.

And guess what, numb nutz...someone else takes over that case...it doesn't go away....
nope, he told Preet, he was keeping him....then a few months later he reneged in order to pay back the Russians and lady govt russian lawyer for their help in getting him elected, more than likely.... Mueller should find out, one way or the other....

Preet Bharara, who has served as U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York since he was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2009, will stay on the job.

President-elect Donald Trump met with Bharara in New York on Wednesday and asked him to stay on. Bharara, who has won praise for his prosecutions of corrupt public officials, accepted the offer.

“The president-elect asked, presumably because he's a New Yorker and is aware of the great work that our office has done over the past seven years, asked to meet with me to discuss whether or not I'd be prepared to stay on as the United States attorney to do the work as we have done it, independently, without fear or favor for the last seven years,” Bharara told reporters after the meeting, per a pool report. "We had a good meeting. I said I would absolutely consider staying on. I agreed to stay on. I have already spoken to Senator Sessions, who is as you know is the nominee to be the attorney general. He also asked that I stay on, and so I expect that I will be continuing to work at the southern district.”
He changed his mind after a number of people educated him about taking a viper into his bosom.

A VIPER? He's been one of the MOST EFFECTIVE prosecutors of criminals on Wall Street and the MOB in all of our lifetimes! SHAME ON YOU! Disparaging him like that..!!!!

I think every political appointee should resign the night after the election and turn over the job to the highest ranking non-political appointee left. If they aren't good enough, they shouldn't be in the job in the first place.

and I TOTALLY Disagree with you...They should stay in their jobs until they are replaced, especially attorney generals or prosecutors... CHAOS is NOT what we need in our Nation....nor should we believe that our justice system is UNJUST for our citizens when someone of a different political party is filling that position.... that's just plain wrong.

Good! If you disagree with me, we now know you are wrong.

Why would it be chaos?

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the past 8 years told us our justice system is unjust because of the political party that was filling those positions.

TRANSLATION: I have no evidence that this actually happened. But I really, really hope it did. So I'll talk about it as though it were fact, and see if I can fool anybody into believing me.

Never mind that most lawsuits get settled without an admission of guilt, whatever the issue is, and whether a prosecutor gets fired or not.
The issue is that Preet Bhahara/ the southern District of New York, was just a couple of days away from trial against these Russian scumbag money launderers asking for $230 million dollars on behalf of the American Businessmen that were hurt by this firm doing the money laundering.... A lot of hours...a year's worth, went in to the preparation for this trial, and two days before the Trial was to begin, Jeff Sessions had the Southern District, settle with the Russian Firm, who had this lawyer lady who met with Donny Junior...Veselnitiskaya representing them...

And the settlement was for ONLY $6 million dollars, with not admitting to guilt as an even better perk...so they can continue to operate more than likely....

the Lawyer Lady is on record of saying this $6 million settlement WAS A GIFT!!!!

and boy oh boy, there is a real possibility, it is a gift, in the form of a payoff!

It was not $230 million. Exaggerate much? Yes, you do. Get your facts straight!

"The asset-forfeiture and money-laundering case was scheduled to begin last Monday, but it was unexpectedly settled for close to $6 million, a little under half of the amount sought by the government at the time the case was settled. "

'The offer was too good to refuse': A major Russian money-laundering case was unexpectedly settled in New York

You were only off by $218 million!

Why would it be chaos?

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the past 8 years told us our justice system is unjust because of the political party that was filling those positions.

No it hasn't....State Justice departments for the most part are non-partisan and handle each criminal based on their crime and NOT their political party...

Chaos from being kicked out in the middle of criminal cases they may be handling and doubling the work load of the person put in charge in the absence of a replacement...can only weaken Justice.

the second they are replaced, then they should be gone! Sure there can be exceptions if the president is really against this person there for some legit reason...but for the continuity of our government and Justice departments in the States the president should have a replacement before firing, imo.

"The asset-forfeiture and money-laundering case was scheduled to begin last Monday, but it was unexpectedly settled for close to $6 million, a little under half of the amount sought by the government at the time the case was settled. "

'The offer was too good to refuse': A major Russian money-laundering case was unexpectedly settled in New York

you missed the part that said, AT THE TIME THE CASE WAS SETTLED.

amount sought by the government at the time the case was settled. "

The civil forfeiture case was filed in 2013 by Preet Bharara, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York — who was fired by Trump in March. The case alleged that 11 companies were involved in a tax fraud in Russia and then laundered a portion of the $230 million they got into Manhattan real estate.

The forfeiture case was heralded at the time as “a significant step towards uncovering and unwinding a complex money laundering scheme arising from a notorious foreign fraud,” Bharara said. “As alleged, a Russian criminal enterprise sought to launder some of its billions in ill-gotten rubles through the purchase of pricey Manhattan real estate.”

DOJ Settled Massive Russian Fraud Case Involving Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr.

Gee....I wonder who they bought their expensive NYC real estate from???

I had heard on the news it was $230 million for Preet's initial amount...?

Why would it be chaos?

No it hasn't....State Justice departments for the most part are non-partisan and handle each criminal based on their crime and NOT their political party...

Chaos from being kicked out in the middle of criminal cases they may be handling and doubling the work load of the person put in charge in the absence of a replacement...can only weaken Justice.

the second they are replaced, then they should be gone! Sure there can be exceptions if the president is really against this person there for some legit reason...but for the continuity of our government and Justice departments in the States the president should have a replacement before firing, imo.

Guess what happens in the real world? If the boss gets fired, the number two takes over until a new number one is hired. THAT is why you are wrong.

Sometimes even that doesn't work either. That is why Trump had to fire the acting Attorney General who was an Obama sycophant and put a career Justice Department employee in the Acting role.

The civil forfeiture case was filed in 2013 by Preet Bharara, the former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York — who was fired by Trump in March. The case alleged that 11 companies were involved in a tax fraud in Russia and then laundered a portion of the $230 million they got into Manhattan real estate.

The forfeiture case was heralded at the time as “a significant step towards uncovering and unwinding a complex money laundering scheme arising from a notorious foreign fraud,” Bharara said. “As alleged, a Russian criminal enterprise sought to launder some of its billions in ill-gotten rubles through the purchase of pricey Manhattan real estate.”

They weren't going to get $230 million and you know it. Stop being a brain dead liberal and actually read and learn why you are wrong. These lessons should not come cheap but you are getting them for free. I suggest taking advantage of of it or you will appear even more ignorant than you already do.

I highlighted another area you forgot to read. What does a "portion" mean? Maybe "not all" of the money was in NY real estate!

Bharara got fired along with all the other Obama hold-overs. Trump doesn't need an excuse to fire him. No president ever has.

Just admit that you're an idiot and your life will be a lot easier.

Nobody is questioning Trump's authority to fire Bharara. Just his reason.

The guy was an Obama stooge no further reason was needed.

Yes he had the authority to fire him,and perhaps no reason is needed for you, but in light of how it relates to the russian situation a lot of others might want to know the reason

President Trump has no time for the left's conspiracy theories.

I'm pretty sure he will be making time for the investigation before too long.

You libs have lost your minds the butthurt over losing the election really has sent you people over the edge.

The reason is there is no reason. Atty's general serve at the pleasure of the President.
Yes yes yes..I get it. On planet liberal , there is ALWAYS a conspiratorial coincidence.

When discussing Trump, I can easily accept that there may be no logical reason, but to say there is no reason at all is more than I can accept. I'm not sure why Trump et.al has told so many lies to cover up something that is not worth investigation.
Which lies? Got any evidence? Waiting.

Nobody is questioning Trump's authority to fire Bharara. Just his reason.

The guy was an Obama stooge no further reason was needed.

Yes he had the authority to fire him,and perhaps no reason is needed for you, but in light of how it relates to the russian situation a lot of others might want to know the reason

President Trump has no time for the left's conspiracy theories.

I'm pretty sure he will be making time for the investigation before too long.

You libs have lost your minds the butthurt over losing the election really has sent you people over the edge.

Losing the election was disappointing, but not that big of a deal. Trump winning is a tragedy beyond description. Almost any other republican candidate would not receive the resistance that Trump has.

The Russian lawyer who met Donald Trump Jr. in the Trump Tower represents a firm that was being prosecuted by Preet Barrarah for fraud.

Then Trump becomes President, he fires Barrarah and suddenly (2 months into his presidency) the lawsuit gets settled without Veselnitskaya's client having to admit guilt.

Wall Street Journal (7-15-2017): In 2014, Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, alleged that Prevezon laundered defrauded money from Mr. Browder’s fund into U.S. bank accounts and Manhattan real estate. Earlier this year, U.S. authorities and Prevezon reached a $5.9 million civil settlement. The company didn’t admit wrongdoing as part of the settlement.

Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee this week asked Attorney General Jeff Sessions whether the Trump Tower meeting was in any way connected to the settlement, which came two months after President Trump fired Mr. Bharara.

The plot thickens.

You people are truly funny.

giphy.gif

Which lies? Got any evidence? Waiting.
20 times Team Trump denied any connections to Russia

Forum List

Back