🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It seems like small restaurants are closing while the huge chains stay open.

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
It seems like all the small family restaurants are closed for the Coronavirus, yet the huge chains such as McDonald's, Burger King, etc. are still open. It seems like all the huge departments stores are open, whereas small family run stores are more likely to be shut down.

That's about right. This entire Corona Panic isn't going to be bad for Wall Street at all. Big concerns are going to be able to ride this out, the little guys are going to have a hard time even keeping their staff, even if they have the capital to make it to the other side.

dems want the small businesses to stay closed .... the small business owners are unwashed peasants to liberal elite snobs !

Large businesses can be shaken down a lot easier, with union contracts and other scamolas.

It seems like all the small family restaurants are closed for the Coronavirus, yet the huge chains such as McDonald's, Burger King, etc. are still open. It seems like all the huge departments stores are open, whereas small family run stores are more likely to be shut down.

"When buying and selling are legislated, the first thing to be bought and sold are legislators"

- P.J. O'Rourke

Big chains can afford political influence. Small businesses can't.

It really IS that simple.

• Love
Reactions: Ava
Great. The walmartization of the restaurant industry.:confused:

You can expect that anyhow. Last time I traveled to Florida, a few years ago, I saw the sign for Taco Bell and I knew the high quality of Mexican cuisine I could expect there. Tasted just as delish in Florida as it does in Ohio. In a mobile society, chains provide people with the great tastes they expect.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Here in Valparaiso, Indiana, most of the small independent restaurants have stayed open. It's most likely because there are a LOT of small restaurants in this town. A couple I frequent, including one I just used today for a takeout order, have been staying afloat because they've offered pick up/takeout and some of them delivery service since the start of the Chinese Virus sh*tstorm. And I believe most of these places probably have great food and great service, as well as loyal customers, to thank for this. So fortunately the small restaurants don't SEEM to be hard hit here.

Spreading apart that income gap

Around my area the talk is that 20-25% of the local restaurants are history. The chain fast food joints they won't go anywhere. Some malls may not open. If the leases on property wasn't so fucking inflated, maybe small businesses stood a chance.

Around my area the talk is that 20-25% of the local restaurants are history. The chain fast food joints they won't go anywhere. Some malls may not open. If the leases on property wasn't so fucking inflated, maybe small businesses stood a chance.
If the economy does not recover, it is not farfetched to see a collapse of the housing/rental/business buildings market in all ways .If people can not afford to buy/use something then there will be very little movement in that industry.

Forum List

Back