It would seem Israel has the same problem we do.

I agree completely with the OP !!:thup:

It is indeed hard to understand how some progressive left wingers in Israel , whose very survival is in danger everyday, would be so critically destructive against those who are doing their best to protect them.

In any other Middle Eastern country these misguided, treacherous, fools would be seen as traitors and wouldn't last long....but Israel is a democracy, and in democracies, - of course - every idiot is entitled to voice their opinions.

Speaking as one of those idiots willing to voice their opinions can I ask you a question?

There are two options as I see them in Israel.

One path leads to a militarized state under constant threat of attack where civil liberties are suspended and anyone daring to question the state is considered to be a traitor.

The other is for Israeli Jews and Arabs to find a way to peacefully coexist to whatever extent that is possible in that region so that civil liberties, rights and freedoms can be maintained for everyone.

So my question is which of those options is the future you would want for yourself and your own children and grandchildren if you were living in Israel?

Sunni and Shiite are both Muslim and haven't found a way to live together; and in fact have been killing each other for hundreds of years. Do you really think that either will make peace with what both perceive to be their historical enemy?

When they fix the Sunni/Shiite problem there may be some hope. Until then, there seems to be little chance for peace.

Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Let's look at other similar instances.

European nations colonized Africa and committed some serious acts of barbarism while they were in power. After WW2 there was a movement for "self determination" and in many of those nations there was bloody retribution once power changed hands.

Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, decided that they weren't going to follow the herd and hand over power to the native population and chose instead to engage in what became an ugly civil war. The black population prevailed and Zimbabwe is now a brutal dictatorship with arguably the worst economy and living standard in the world.

South Africa faced a similar quandary and for a while it appeared as though it was going to follow in the same footsteps as Zimbabwe. There were bombings and civil unrest and things were uncertain as to which way it was going to turn out.

But instead of sticking to their guns they chose a democratic alternative instead. They found a way to live in relative peace and harmony. Granted it isn't perfect but it is way better than the alternative.

So with that in mind which outcome would be the best for the long term survival of Israel and her people?

It is indeed hard to understand how some progressive left wingers in Israel , whose very survival is in danger everyday, would be so critically destructive against those who are doing their best to protect them.

In any other Middle Eastern country these misguided, treacherous, fools would be seen as traitors and wouldn't last long....but Israel is a democracy, and in democracies, - of course - every idiot is entitled to voice their opinions.

Speaking as one of those idiots willing to voice their opinions can I ask you a question?

One path leads to a militarized state under constant threat of attack where civil liberties are suspended and anyone daring to question the state is considered to be a traitor.

The other is for Israeli Jews and Arabs to find a way to peacefully coexist to whatever extent that is possible in that region so that civil liberties, rights and freedoms can be maintained for everyone.

So my question is which of those options is the future you would want for yourself and your own children and grandchildren if you were living in Israel?

Sunni and Shiite are both Muslim and haven't found a way to live together; and in fact have been killing each other for hundreds of years. Do you really think that either will make peace with what both perceive to be their historical enemy?

When they fix the Sunni/Shiite problem there may be some hope. Until then, there seems to be little chance for peace.

European nations colonized Africa and committed some serious acts of barbarism while they were in power. After WW2 there was a movement for "self determination" and in many of those nations there was bloody retribution once power changed hands.

Southern Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, decided that they weren't going to follow the herd and hand over power to the native population and chose instead to engage in what became an ugly civil war. The black population prevailed and Zimbabwe is now a brutal dictatorship with arguably the worst economy and living standard in the world.

South Africa faced a similar quandary and for a while it appeared as though it was going to follow in the same footsteps as Zimbabwe. There were bombings and civil unrest and things were uncertain as to which way it was going to turn out.

But instead of sticking to their guns they chose a democratic alternative instead. They found a way to live in relative peace and harmony. Granted it isn't perfect but it is way better than the alternative.

So with that in mind which outcome would be the best for the long term survival of Israel and her people?

If Israel's future is going to be like South Africa today, which is a complete third world shit hole under black majority rule, than I completely understand Israel's apprehension about a looming Arab majority in it's own country.

I imagine if Israel becomes an Arab majority state, Jews who can afford to leave will do, like the White South African who could afford to did.

If Israel's future is going to be like South Africa today, which is a complete third world shit hole under black majority rule, than I completely understand Israel's apprehension about a looming Arab majority in it's own country.

I imagine if Israel becomes an Arab majority state, Jews who can afford to leave will do, like the White South African who could afford to did.

South Africa is ranked 33/34 by the IMF/World Bank.

Israel is ranked 37/38 by the IMF/World Bank.

South Africa is a G20 nation.

Facts are not your friend.

As long as Hamas controls the Palestinian people and has the destruction of Israel as the number one goal in their charter, Israel would be stupid to welcome them as a state.

As long as Hamas controls the Palestinian people and has the destruction of Israel as the number one goal in their charter, Israel would be stupid to welcome them as a state.

How have sanctions worked out against Cuba?

Israel has the same problem we do. An ignorant self destructive left that would sell out its security for a foolish dream that their enemies will suddenly like them.

For liberal Israelis Netanyahu s win is a reality check - Yahoo News

Self loathing hateful of those that disagree with them and bent on self destruction.
It was the right wing fascists that destroyed our constitution in the name of the PATRIOT ACT. What fucking security? It was Shrub Jr. that allowed 9/11 to happen. What fucking Security?

Israel has the same problem we do. An ignorant self destructive left that would sell out its security for a foolish dream that their enemies will suddenly like them.

For liberal Israelis Netanyahu s win is a reality check - Yahoo News

Self loathing hateful of those that disagree with them and bent on self destruction.

Maybe a tad different. When the US has left-wing administrations there's no risk of Canada or Mexico rolling tank divisions into the lower-48.

South Africa is ranked 33/34 by the IMF/World Bank.

Israel is ranked 37/38 by the IMF/World Bank.

South Africa is a G20 nation.

Facts are not your friend.
In what?

Forum List

Back