It's 3:30 am and I'm posting, wtf

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
In a new development, over the last several months I've been fully awake around 3am. In my saner moments, I'll read the Zohar; too many times I'm checking on our Island of Misfit Toys at USMB.

I had an insight that we're all Takeshi Kovacs. Stay with me. In the futuristic show Altered Carbon, an alien technology allows the memories and experiences of a person to be stored on a computer chip. The chip is then inserted into a synthetic person and viola! Takeshi Kovacs is born again. In the second season, there are 2 copies of the Takeshi chip. One has recent, experiences and meets the original: they're the same, but experience has made them 2 different people.

So it is with all humans. We all come from the same source, we're each Takeshi Kovacs, but we see only what's made us different.

It seemed profound at the time.

I would find it interesting to know my thoughts from my prenatal stage through, say, about 18 months. I wouldn't care to go back to anytime after 4 or 5 years of age, though. I'm afraid it would provide too much of a "what in the hell was I thinking" experience.

I would find it interesting to know my thoughts from my prenatal stage through, say, about 18 months. I wouldn't care to go back to anytime after 4 or 5 years of age, though. I'm afraid it would provide too much of a "what in the hell was I thinking" experience.

I've often wondered why is it we can never remember anything while let's say in the womb maybe it's so we have a clean slate of fresh memories. Hmm .

Forum List

Back