It's a medical fact. Life begins at conception.

It's a medical fact. Life begins at conception.

So do pregnant women's rights under Roe v. Wade.

So, the liberals who pride themselves on their scientific prowess no longer believe that science is the overruling factor when it comes to the beginning of human life. Cue the irony. Once again, science is only definitive when it meshes with your preconceived biases.

I love watching the hapless pro choice fan club stumble for answers whilst hurling insults, it's an intellectually bankrupt practice as old as time itself.

A fetus.

Why did you think that was a tough question?

I can't believe you're still trying to claim that a fetus is not a human being. How many times do we have to post these quotes for you?

“Fertilization is the process by which male and female haploid gametes (sperm and egg) unite to produce a genetically distinct individual.”

Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.”

Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

National Institutes of Health, Medline Plus Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary (2013), http://www.merriamwebster.com/...

The government’s own definition attests to the fact that life begins at fertilization. According to the National Institutes of Health, “fertilization” is the process of union of two gametes (i.e., ovum and sperm) “whereby the somatic chromosome number is restored and the development of a new individual is initiated.

Steven Ertelt “Undisputed Scientific Fact: Human Life Begins at Conception, or Fertilization” LifeNews.com 11/18/13

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a sperm and the resulting mingling of nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the initiation of the life of a new individual.

Clark Edward and Corliss Patten’s Human Embryology, McGraw – Hill Inc., 30

“Landrum B. Shettles, M.D., P.h.D. was first scientist to succeed at in vitro fertilization:

“The zygote is human life….there is one fact that no one can deny; Human beings begin at conception.

From Landrum B. Shettles “Rites of Life: The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth” Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1983 p 40

Keith L. Moore, Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2008. p. 2.

“[The zygote], formed by the union of an oocyte and a sperm, is the beginning of a new human being.”

“The first cell of a new and unique human life begins existence at the moment of conception (fertilization) when one living sperm from the father joins with one living ovum from the mother. It is in this manner that human life passes from one generation to another. Given the appropriate environment and genetic composition, the single cell subsequently gives rise to trillions of specialized and integrated cells that compose the structures and functions of each individual human body. Every human being alive today and, as far as is known scientifically, every human being that ever existed, began his or her unique existence in this manner, i.e., as one cell. If this first cell or any subsequent configuration of cells perishes, the individual dies, ceasing to exist in matter as a living being. There are no known exceptions to this rule in the field of human biology.”

James Bopp, ed., Human Life and Health Care Ethics, vol. 2 (Frederick, MD: University Publications of America, 1985)

Rand McNally, Atlas of the Body (New York: Rand McNally, 1980) 139, 144

“In fusing together, the male and female gametes produce a fertilized single cell, the zygote, which is the start of a new individual.

Quoted in Randy Alcorn “Pro-life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments” (Sisters, Oregon: Multnomah Publishers, 2000)

“The formation, maturation and meeting of a male and female sex cell are all preliminary to their actual union into a combined cell, or zygote, which definitely marks the beginning of a new individual. The penetration of the ovum by the spermatozoon, and the coming together and pooling of their respective nuclei, constitutes the process of fertilization.”

Leslie Brainerd Arey, “Developmental Anatomy” seventh edition space (Philadelphia: Saunders, 1974), 55

Thibodeau, G.A., and Anthony, C.P., Structure and Function of the Body, 8th edition, St. Louis: Times Mirror/Mosby College Publishers, St. Louis, 1988. pages 409-419

“The science of the development of the individual before birth is called embryology. It is the story of miracles, describing the means by which a single microscopic cell is transformed into a complex human being. Genetically the zygote is complete. It represents a new single celled individual.

Carlson, Bruce M. Patten’s Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3

“Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)… The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual.

Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand’s Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943

“Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism…. At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), A new life has begun. ”

Lennart Nilsson A Child is Born: Completely Revised Edition (Dell Publishing Co.: New York) 1986

“but the whole story does not begin with delivery. The baby has existed for months before – at first signaling its presence only with small outer signs, later on as a somewhat foreign little being which has been growing and gradually affecting the lives of those close by…”

Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life, page 28-29, The C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, 1974

“In that fraction of a second when the chromosomes form pairs, [at conception] the sex of the new child will be determined, hereditary characteristics received from each parent will be set, and a new life will have begun.”

Langman, Jan. Medical Embryology. 3rd edition. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1975, p. 3

“The development of a human being begins with fertilization, a process by which two highly specialized cells, the spermatozoon from the male and the oocyte from the female, unite to give rise to a new organism, the zygote.”

Human Embryology, 3rd ed. Bradley M. Patten, (New York: McGraw Hill, 1968), 43.

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a spermatozoan and resultant mingling of the nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the culmination of the process of fertilization and marks the initiation of the life of a new individual."

The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 6th ed. Keith L. Moore, Ph.D. & T.V.N. Persaud, Md., (Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1998), 2-18:

“[The Zygote] results from the union of an oocyte and a sperm. A zygote is the beginning of a new human being. Human development begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm … unites with a female gamete or oocyte … to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marks the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.”

Last edited:
You need to stop editing posts (removing previous statements). It is dishonest.

What the heck are you talking about? I'm pretty sure I didn't remove anything. I often edit my posts because I have to use the dictation feature on my laptop… because I have a bunch of keys that don't work.

A fetus.

I can't believe you're still trying to claim that a fetus is not a human being. How many times do we have to post these quotes for you?

“Fertilization is the process by which male and female haploid gametes (sperm and egg) unite to produce a genetically distinct individual.”

Signorelli et al., Kinases, phosphatases and proteases during sperm capacitation, CELL TISSUE RES. 349(3):765 (Mar. 20, 2012)

“….it is scientifically correct to say that human life begins at conception.”

Dr. Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard Medical School: Quoted by Public Affairs Council

National Institutes of Health, Medline Plus Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary (2013), http://www.merriamwebster.com/...

The government’s own definition attests to the fact that life begins at fertilization. According to the National Institutes of Health, “fertilization” is the process of union of two gametes (i.e., ovum and sperm) “whereby the somatic chromosome number is restored and the development of a new individual is initiated.

Steven Ertelt “Undisputed Scientific Fact: Human Life Begins at Conception, or Fertilization” LifeNews.com 11/18/13

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a sperm and the resulting mingling of nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the initiation of the life of a new individual.

Clark Edward and Corliss Patten’s Human Embryology, McGraw – Hill Inc., 30

“Landrum B. Shettles, M.D., P.h.D. was first scientist to succeed at in vitro fertilization:

“The zygote is human life….there is one fact that no one can deny; Human beings begin at conception.

From Landrum B. Shettles “Rites of Life: The Scientific Evidence for Life Before Birth” Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1983 p 40

Keith L. Moore, Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology, 7th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2008. p. 2.

“[The zygote], formed by the union of an oocyte and a sperm, is the beginning of a new human being.”

“The first cell of a new and unique human life begins existence at the moment of conception (fertilization) when one living sperm from the father joins with one living ovum from the mother. It is in this manner that human life passes from one generation to another. Given the appropriate environment and genetic composition, the single cell subsequently gives rise to trillions of specialized and integrated cells that compose the structures and functions of each individual human body. Every human being alive today and, as far as is known scientifically, every human being that ever existed, began his or her unique existence in this manner, i.e., as one cell. If this first cell or any subsequent configuration of cells perishes, the individual dies, ceasing to exist in matter as a living being. There are no known exceptions to this rule in the field of human biology.”

James Bopp, ed., Human Life and Health Care Ethics, vol. 2 (Frederick, MD: University Publications of America, 1985)

Rand McNally, Atlas of the Body (New York: Rand McNally, 1980) 139, 144

“In fusing together, the male and female gametes produce a fertilized single cell, the zygote, which is the start of a new individual.

Quoted in Randy Alcorn “Pro-life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments” (Sisters, Oregon: Multnomah Publishers, 2000)

“The formation, maturation and meeting of a male and female sex cell are all preliminary to their actual union into a combined cell, or zygote, which definitely marks the beginning of a new individual. The penetration of the ovum by the spermatozoon, and the coming together and pooling of their respective nuclei, constitutes the process of fertilization.”

Leslie Brainerd Arey, “Developmental Anatomy” seventh edition space (Philadelphia: Saunders, 1974), 55

Thibodeau, G.A., and Anthony, C.P., Structure and Function of the Body, 8th edition, St. Louis: Times Mirror/Mosby College Publishers, St. Louis, 1988. pages 409-419

“The science of the development of the individual before birth is called embryology. It is the story of miracles, describing the means by which a single microscopic cell is transformed into a complex human being. Genetically the zygote is complete. It represents a new single celled individual.”

Carlson, Bruce M. Patten’s Foundations of Embryology. 6th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1996, p. 3

“Almost all higher animals start their lives from a single cell, the fertilized ovum (zygote)… The time of fertilization represents the starting point in the life history, or ontogeny, of the individual.

Considine, Douglas (ed.). Van Nostrand’s Scientific Encyclopedia. 5th edition. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, 1976, p. 943

“Embryo: The developing individual between the union of the germ cells and the completion of the organs which characterize its body when it becomes a separate organism…. At the moment the sperm cell of the human male meets the ovum of the female and the union results in a fertilized ovum (zygote), A new life has begun. ”

Lennart Nilsson A Child is Born: Completely Revised Edition (Dell Publishing Co.: New York) 1986

“but the whole story does not begin with delivery. The baby has existed for months before – at first signaling its presence only with small outer signs, later on as a somewhat foreign little being which has been growing and gradually affecting the lives of those close by…”

Kaluger, G., and Kaluger, M., Human Development: The Span of Life, page 28-29, The C.V. Mosby Co., St. Louis, 1974

“In that fraction of a second when the chromosomes form pairs, [at conception] the sex of the new child will be determined, hereditary characteristics received from each parent will be set, and a new life will have begun.”

Langman, Jan. Medical Embryology. 3rd edition. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1975, p. 3

“The development of a human being begins with fertilization, a process by which two highly specialized cells, the spermatozoon from the male and the oocyte from the female, unite to give rise to a new organism, the zygote.”

Human Embryology, 3rd ed. Bradley M. Patten, (New York: McGraw Hill, 1968), 43.

“It is the penetration of the ovum by a spermatozoan and resultant mingling of the nuclear material each brings to the union that constitutes the culmination of the process of fertilization and marks the initiation of the life of a new individual."

The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, 6th ed. Keith L. Moore, Ph.D. & T.V.N. Persaud, Md., (Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, 1998), 2-18:

“[The Zygote] results from the union of an oocyte and a sperm. A zygote is the beginning of a new human being. Human development begins at fertilization, the process during which a male gamete or sperm … unites with a female gamete or oocyte … to form a single cell called a zygote. This highly specialized, totipotent cell marks the beginning of each of us as a unique individual.”
You just can't win this argument. After all, there were people who actually witnessed the miracles of Christ, yet still rejected Him. No amount of facts will convince someone who is determined to believe differently.

Until it takes a breath of our shitty air , gets stabbed by 23 needles and fingerprinted it's not a viable investment. Sorry.
No ID number. No viable person/investment

That you don't like it is too bad.

Well, have to tell you, we're working hard to turn it over to the states to write their own laws on it and to get a majority vote in congress to treat it as a violent crime like any other violent crime that the states would usually handle. That'd how you repeal RvW overnight.
You clowns crack me up. If it is turned over to the states, Congress will have no standing to do anything.

Find Judicial review in Article III and get back to us. Your partisan clowns in gowns are a temporary indulgence that can be changed with a swing vote. They've been operating outside the parameters of the constitution for decades. The founders would have hanged them.

The Founders saw no problem with legal abortion, so the Founders would clearly disapprove of your fanatical authoritarianism.

buttercup, I'm bailing on this one. I can't waste my time with these drones. lol.

Last edited:
FYI. A person is defined in the dictionary as a human being. If a fetus is not a human being, then what is it?

A fetus.

A fetus is a human being. What else could it be?

BINGO. See, here is where mamooth's argument backfires. We can classify the fetus of any other mammalian organism which produces sexually as belonging to that particular species, convenient, because there are no laws dictating at what stage of gestation we are to consider that organism a full fledged member of its progenitor species...just science.

A human fetus can't be a clump of cells until birth, because technically speaking, we are still clumps of cells even now, in a more complex structure. Immediately after birth our cells are still multiplying dividing and dying and do so until we ourselves kick the bucket. When the head comes out, is the rest of the child still a clump of cells? Or is this child now a member of humanity?

Solution? The child is a member of the human species from conception, gestation, during, and after birth.

Last edited:
The Founders saw no problem with legal abortion, so the Founders would clearly disapprove of your fanatical authoritarianism.

You're the killer, not me. lol. How am I the authoritarian? I'm trying to save the little feller's life from you.

And I'll tell you something about liberty, noob. It should never be written or spoken absent the word responsibility.

You are a liar. This is what you said

If you really believe that, please answer this question. If a woman who is five minutes away from giving birth decided she didn't feel like being a mother… Do you think it would be perfectly OK to take that full-term, healthy baby just minutes before delivery, ram scissors into the back of his head, dismember the baby and kill him, for no reason except that the mother simply didn't want the baby?

That has NEVER happened

Do you not understand a hypothetical example? The person I was posting to said that birth is the cut off line. So I asked her (or him) what she thought of that example.

I stated that late term abortions do happen, I didn't say that that exact example happens. Although who knows? I wouldn't rule it out, in this crazy, twisted world we live in.
There are ZERO late term abortions done on healthy full term babies.

You just can't win this argument. After all, there were people who actually witnessed the miracles of Christ, yet still rejected Him. No amount of facts will convince someone who is determined to believe differently.

You may be right about some people on this thread. But, in general, that's not always the case. I've been debating this topic for years… And I've actually seen people go from the pro abort side to the pro life side. Liberals, even. Why? Because there are some intellectually honest, wise people out there, who put truth above their pre-existing biases. Once they realize that there really is no valid argument on the pro abort side, they eventually will come around. It does happen.

There are ZERO late term abortions done on healthy full term babies.

Back yourself up. It's rare, but it does happen. You just don't hear about it… And of course you wouldn't hear about it, because it's murder, plain and simple.

In fact, there are people alive today who survived late term abortions. I'll post a video for you on one of the most famous ones.

'Thus, as a matter of federal constitutional law, a developing organism that is not yet a "person" does not have what is sometimes described as a "right to life."' ibid

". . . all men are created . . . endowed by their Creator . . ." (Declaration of Independence)

Find Judicial review in Article III and get back to us. Your partisan clowns in gowns are a temporary indulgence that can be changed with a swing vote. They've been operating outside the parameters of the constitution for decades. The founders would have hanged them.

Yeah, that is the problem with a conservative supreme court

I agree we need to get rid of the conservatives to return the court to the Constitution.

The Founders didn't have the scientific knowledge we have today either. But here you are, trying to use pseudo-science to justify your own form of fanatical authoritarianism..

BINGO. See, here is where mamooth's argument backfires. We can classify the fetus of any other mammalian organism which produces sexually as belonging to that particular species, convenient, because there are no laws dictating at what stage of gestation we are to consider that organism a full fledged member of its progenitor species...

Are you drunk?

A human fetus can't be a clump of cells until birth, because technically speaking, we are still clumps of cells even now, in a more complex structure immediately after birth, cells multiplying dividing and dying until we ourselves kick the bucket. When the head comes out, is the rest of the child still a clump of cells? Or is this child now a member of humanity?

Seriously, are you drunk? You may have thought that made some kind of sense, but it didn't.

Solution? The child is a member of the human species from conception, gestation, during, and after birth.

As your bizarre conclusion depended on drunken rambling, it really isn't valid.

Forum List

Back