🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's about protecting ourselves from all of you guys up there.

BTW, I was living in Austin, just south of Killeen when that massacre occurred at Luby's...damn, that's almost 22 years ago and we still can't get guns under control. It should make you righties proud...

No, we can't get criminals under control. And we never will. Next best thing is allowing us to defend ourselves against them.

Imagine yourself sitting in a school gym watching a basketball game with your children. A gunman walks in and starts shooting. There is no where to run. The shooter spots one of your children running and turns his attention to them. Do you wish you could stop him by shooting him? Or would you rather just sit there and watch?

Same goes if you wake up in the middle of the night and see an intruder walking down the hall toward your bedroom. You dial 911, but the intruder rushes toward you before you can tell the opertator what the problem is. Police are at least 20 minutes away even if they can trace the call and find out where you are. I guess liberals think we have a duty to just sit there and take it and not have anything to defend ourselves with.

Get used to guns because they are here to stay. If you'd prefer one of the commie bastard leaders, hop on a plane. Of course, historically, governments disarm their citizens because they plan on thinning out the population.

As long as criminals roam the streets and we have an oppressive government, no one is safe. We are responsible for our own well being. Only those that completely put themselves in government hands fail to understand that. Personal responsibility, true freedom and liberty are foreign concepts to some.

If I were one of the mind-numb, brainwashed, cowardly lemmings, I would have no choice but to sit and watch my child murdered, or to sit fearfully while I was stalked in my own home. I would definitely take to the streets, screaming my outrage that other citizens have taken the view to defend themselves and their families. I would definitely want to even the playing field and place my neighbors at the same risk of becoming victims of evil by stripping them of their right and their ability to self-defense.

She also does not have a clue about what the 2nd Amendment is about. It's not about "our right to protect ourselves [from our government officials]...". It's about a "well REGULATED militia". Regulated by whom? The very governing body who wrote the law, that's who.

But....nice try. Go for emotion when you lack facts.

Obviously ,you don't have a clue about what the 2nd amendment is all about. You should go do some reading on the origins and backdrop of the right to bear arms in our country predating the constitution. And then maybe you'd understand that PART OF THE NEED FOR THE MILITIA WAS TO PREVENT THE GOVERNMENT FROM DEVOLVING INTO TYRANNY.

Forum List

Back