It's Funny

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
All the "experts" who keep posting on this forum about education (despite not having set foot in a school for several decades at least) talking about "indoctrination." Some even try to sound intelligent by invoking "critical thinking," bemoaning its absence from schools today. But here I am at the first day of professional development, and the goal of helping students to become independent and critical thinkers who go on to be self-directed, life long learners has been emphasized at least 20 times so far. It's almost as if what these internet "experts" declare and what is really going on are completely opposite.

Funny.

All the "experts" who keep posting on this forum about education (despite not having set foot in a school for several decades at least) talking about "indoctrination." Some even try to sound intelligent by invoking "critical thinking," bemoaning its absence from schools today. But here I am at the first day of professional development, and the goal of helping students to become independent and critical thinkers who go on to be self-directed, life long learners has been emphasized at least 20 times so far. It's almost as if what these internet "experts" declare and what is really going on are completely opposite.

Funny.
You should watch this and tell me what you think.

Every academic journal I have read admits that academia leans left. It is also what I have personally experienced.

You should watch this and tell me what you think.

Every academic journal I have read admits that academia leans left. It is also what I have personally experienced.

So far not one word about politics has been spoken; from the administration or between teachers.

People think the Left will erect reeducation camps when they are alive and well in public education.

Funny.
The teachers union is 100% democrat

How then can teachers who are all part of this union not be biased?

Hmm?

And don't forget, their pay checks come from the state. The bigger the state is, the more income they can make for themselves. They then dutifully churn out indoctrinated youth for more of the same.

It is the same with the media. Journal article after journal article says the same thing, and that is, the media is overwhelmingly Leftist.

How can you have a political party own both academia and the media and have a vibrant and informed democracy?

You can't.

The teachers union is 100% democrat

How then can teachers who are all part of this union not be biased?

Hmm?

And don't forget, their pay checks come from the state. The bigger the state is, the more income they can make for themselves. They then dutifully churn out indoctrinated youth for more of the same.
You could not be more wrong. Most of my fellow teachers were conservatives.

I taught in Florida which is one of the worst states for teacher pay in the US. My pay has always come from my school districts except when I worked for the DoD.

I never indoctrinated anyone and my kids and grandkids are turning out just fine.

Funny.
^

Forum List

Back