It's Katie Couric!

All you gun adoring asshats, c'mere....
What upsets you more - that Couric lied in her "documentary", or that she was caught?
Neither. What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side. It deeply troubles me that so many Americans seem proud as peacocks of the gun mania and deaths associated with it in this country. I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this. It will probably be the same old same old.

Are you aware, or does it matter to you that many Western European countries with the laws you drool for have far higher rates of violent crime than does the USA? Even Great Britain and Austrailia where they followed your foolish advice and confiscated "all" guns of law abiding citizens.
Check with 2AGuy on those stats. I believe they have LESS gun deaths than we do.

You didn't pay attention to what he posted....he said they have higher rates of violent crime...and they do.....their criminals just don't commit murder. Britain has 2x the violent crime...that means rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies...their criminals just don't cross the line into murder. But they do that to when they want to.........as Larry Correia pointed out after Sandy Hook....Britain traded the possibility of already extremely rare mass shootings, for the every day brutalization of British citizens......

And keep in mind....Britain and Australis didn't have mass shootings very often....in fact they were rare, when they confiscated their guns...which they first registered decades before they confiscated them.

I think the crime one most wants to be low is homicide.

Social media post says U.K. has far higher violent crime rate than U.S. does

Our ruling

The meme said "there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K.," compared to "466 violent crimes per 100,000" in the United States. Our preliminary attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison shows a much smaller difference in violent crime rates between the two countries, but criminologists say differences in how the statistics are collected make it impossible to produce a truly valid comparison. We rate the claim False.

You realize they support our position...right...before they lie to deny it....

For England and Wales, we added together three crime categories: "violence against the person, with injury," "most serious sexual crime," and "robbery." This produced a rate of 775 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

For the United States, we used the FBI’s four standard categories for violent crime that Bier cited. We came up with a rate of 383 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

This calculation suggests that there is a higher rate of crime in England and Wales, but the discrepancy is not anywhere near as wide as the one cited in the meme.

What upsets you more - that Couric lied in her "documentary", or that she was caught?
Neither. What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side. It deeply troubles me that so many Americans seem proud as peacocks of the gun mania and deaths associated with it in this country. I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply to this. It will probably be the same old same old.

Are you aware, or does it matter to you that many Western European countries with the laws you drool for have far higher rates of violent crime than does the USA? Even Great Britain and Austrailia where they followed your foolish advice and confiscated "all" guns of law abiding citizens.

We have more accidental gun deaths than they have gun homicides.

And we have 320,000,000 million people, with 357,000,000 million guns in private hands and in 2014 we only had 586 accidental gun deaths....so accidental deaths are not an issue in this country since Americans are amazingly responsible gun owners....as shown by that number.....

Our car accidental death rate of 35,000 dead is higher than their gun homicide rate.....should we get rid of cars too....and use buses like they do?

So. They had the holocaust....which brings their murder rate well above ours....not one armed citizen of Europe was gassed to death...since they were all unarmed.

Not an issue? Most countries have almost no accdental gun deaths. We have the highest rate in the world. Yes that is a issue. And it just increased dramatically.

Our ruling

The meme said "there are over 2,000 crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K.," compared to "466 violent crimes per 100,000" in the United States. Our preliminary attempt to make an apples-to-apples comparison shows a much smaller difference in violent crime rates between the two countries, but criminologists say differences in how the statistics are collected make it impossible to produce a truly valid comparison. We rate the claim False.

You realize they support our position...right...before they lie to deny it....

For England and Wales, we added together three crime categories: "violence against the person, with injury," "most serious sexual crime," and "robbery." This produced a rate of 775 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

For the United States, we used the FBI’s four standard categories for violent crime that Bier cited. We came up with a rate of 383 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

This calculation suggests that there is a higher rate of crime in England and Wales, but the discrepancy is not anywhere near as wide as the one cited in the meme.

So you ignore all the facts like usual.

Check with 2AGuy on those stats. I believe they have LESS gun deaths than we do.

You didn't pay attention to what he posted....he said they have higher rates of violent crime...and they do.....their criminals just don't commit murder. Britain has 2x the violent crime...that means rapes, stabbings, beatings, robberies...their criminals just don't cross the line into murder. But they do that to when they want to.........as Larry Correia pointed out after Sandy Hook....Britain traded the possibility of already extremely rare mass shootings, for the every day brutalization of British citizens......

And keep in mind....Britain and Australis didn't have mass shootings very often....in fact they were rare, when they confiscated their guns...which they first registered decades before they confiscated them.

Yeah.....getting beaten and stabbed or raped when it could be stopped with a gun.......I think they would like to have guns after the fact....they are brainwashed now......

And our homicide.....90% of shooters are criminals.....70-80% of victims are also criminals with multiple felonies....so in 2014 there were 8,124 gun murders...at 80% that leaves 1,642 actually innocent people murdered with guns in a country of over 320,000,000 million people.........and of those innocent people many of them are associates or family members of the criminals who get them shot.....

So again...the numbers actually show we don't have a real problem .....

And the most important numbers.....that in 2013 we had 320,000,000 million guns.......and the violent crime rate went down......the gun murder rate went down......now we actually have 13 million people in 2016 carrying guns...up from 4.7million people in 2007......and our gun murder rate went down....

So no matter how you lie......the numbers show that normal people owning and carrying guns does not increase the crime rate or the gun murder rate...moron.

I said violent crime, that INCLUDES deaths from other means.

As you know, the United Kingdom has a total ban on guns. They're available but I don't believe their "bobbies" carry guns yet.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

GreatBritainViolentCrime_zps3830f50c.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S.

Yeah.....getting beaten and stabbed or raped when it could be stopped with a gun.......I think they would like to have guns after the fact....they are brainwashed now......

And our homicide.....90% of shooters are criminals.....70-80% of victims are also criminals with multiple felonies....so in 2014 there were 8,124 gun murders...at 80% that leaves 1,642 actually innocent people murdered with guns in a country of over 320,000,000 million people.........and of those innocent people many of them are associates or family members of the criminals who get them shot.....

So again...the numbers actually show we don't have a real problem .....

And the most important numbers.....that in 2013 we had 320,000,000 million guns.......and the violent crime rate went down......the gun murder rate went down......now we actually have 13 million people in 2016 carrying guns...up from 4.7million people in 2007......and our gun murder rate went down....

So no matter how you lie......the numbers show that normal people owning and carrying guns does not increase the crime rate or the gun murder rate...moron.

We have the most guns in the world and still have a really high homicide rate and crime rates compared to most the civilized world.

And we have 320,000,000 million people, with 357,000,000 million guns in private hands and in 2014 we only had 586 accidental gun deaths....so accidental deaths are not an issue in this country since Americans are amazingly responsible gun owners....as shown by that number.....

Our car accidental death rate of 35,000 dead is higher than their gun homicide rate.....should we get rid of cars too....and use buses like they do?

So. They had the holocaust....which brings their murder rate well above ours....not one armed citizen of Europe was gassed to death...since they were all unarmed.

Not an issue? Most countries have almost no accdental gun deaths. We have the highest rate in the world. Yes that is a issue. And it just increased dramatically.

Lying asshole..........there was an increase of 81 when we added 37,000,000 million new guns into private hands......not even a blip on the radar...but keep lying....asshole.

And our people use guns 1,500,000 million times a year to actually stop violent criminal attack and to save lives........vs. 586 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320,000,000 million people...

Accidental car deaths .... 35,0000

Neither.
Why doesn't it bother you that she lied in a self-described documentary?

What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side.
Seems to me I just recently left you with several matters of fact that defended my side, from which you ran away.
:dunno:
Couric's presentation of the video material and the content generally in order to suit her purpose is SOP for the media. If you were doing a documentary, I'm sure you'd make the pro-gun side look as good as possible. That's why it doesn't make me all upset. Now, the fact that Couric may have presented some real facts in that 'documentary' is probably why Guy is rushing to holler "LIAR!" If he can find one biased comment or one incorrect fact, he feels he can discard the entire thing as lies, propaganda and trash. Almost makes me want to see it.

Seems to me I just recently left you with several matters of fact that defended my side, from which you ran away.
I don't know what you're referring to. I couldn't find it on this thread? Unless it was under a sock name?

As you know, the United Kingdom has a total ban on guns. They're available but I don't believe their "bobbies" carry guns yet.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: Britain the most violent country in Europe and even worse than South Africa and U.S.

Britains violent crime went up 27% last year too......I have posted that....and their gun crime rate went up 4% last year too.....

After they confiscated guns...their gun crime rate spiked...then returned to the same level....since anyone with a brain, except brain, realizes that normal people don't use guns for crime...criminals do...and they are still getting guns....fully automatic ones....

I have posted that the British are finding more and more fully automatic weapons...and they are now arming more of their unarmed police with guns....

He's the one who was trying to use "violent crime" instead of gun deaths in the argument. I didn't let him.

Neither.

What upsets me is all the same old arguments from 2AGuy and name calling from the rest of you that you somehow think defends your side.
Couric's presentation of the video material and the content generally in order to suit her purpose is SOP for the media. If you were doing a documentary, I'm sure you'd make the pro-gun side look as good as possible. That's why it doesn't make me all upset. Now, the fact that Couric may have presented some real facts in that 'documentary' is probably why Guy is rushing to holler "LIAR!" If he can find one biased comment or one incorrect fact, he feels he can discard the entire thing as lies, propaganda and trash. Almost makes me want to see it.

I don't know what you're referring to. I couldn't find it on this thread? Unless it was under a sock name?

No....she edited the video to make it seem that the gun owners had no answer to her question........that is a lie.....

And her question is a lie too........we already have federally mandated Background Checks....so her entire premise is a lie...

Lying asshole..........there was an increase of 81 when we added 37,000,000 million new guns into private hands......not even a blip on the radar...but keep lying....asshole.

And our people use guns 1,500,000 million times a year to actually stop violent criminal attack and to save lives........vs. 586 accidental gun deaths....in a country of over 320,000,000 million people...

Accidental car deaths .... 35,0000
505 to 586 is a large increase. Stop crying lies and ignoring facts. Almost 600 dead for no reason.

Your 1.5 million is an imaginary number supported by nothing real.

By James Slack

Britains violent crime went up 27% last year too......I have posted that....and their gun crime rate went up 4% last year too.....

After they confiscated guns...their gun crime rate spiked...then returned to the same level....since anyone with a brain, except brain, realizes that normal people don't use guns for crime...criminals do...and they are still getting guns....fully automatic ones....

I have posted that the British are finding more and more fully automatic weapons...and they are now arming more of their unarmed police with guns....
Neither.

No....she edited the video to make it seem that the gun owners had no answer to her question........that is a lie.....

And her question is a lie too........we already have federally mandated Background Checks....so her entire premise is a lie...
Why don't you send the whole thing to PolitiFact and see if someone who isn't constantly screeching "LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!" thinks she told a bunch of lies in her documentary.

By James Slack

I am talking about GUN DEATHS. Gun deaths/injuries in the United States concern me. I thought that was what this thread was about, too. Focus. Guns. Got it?

Neither.

Couric's presentation of the video material and the content generally in order to suit her purpose is SOP for the media.
Ah. It doesn't bother you that Couric lied because, well, the media lies. Gotcha

Anti gunners, NRA convention will allow all legal carry options....

WOW, STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES!

A COUNTRY OF 64.5 MILLION where gun ownership is prohibited has FEWER gun homicides than a country of 330 MILLION which has a right to own guns.

And that allows you to ignore the massive amount of violent crimes in those countries because they are forbidden, BY LAW from defending themselves.

You must be so proud!

WOW, STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES!

A COUNTRY OF 64.5 MILLION where gun ownership is prohibited has FEWER gun homicides than a country of 330 MILLION which has a right to own guns.

And that allows you to ignore the massive amount of violent crimes in those countries because they are forbidden, BY LAW from defending themselves.

You must be so proud!

Fewer homicides is a big deal.

I don't know why either, you make your side look really bad. You hatefully say people are proud of gun deaths because we exercise the right to arm ourselves. That's a pure total asshole move. Then you complain about name calling? Seriously? I point out that it's the person not the device that does the killing and since you don't agree then my point simply doesn't exist. Go pound sand.

Forum List

Back